Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Quote from: readyaimduck on May 14, 2011, 05:49:57 PM
Patriot.
it seems there is a lot of turmoil over a couple of instigators.   hmmmmm

Conversation is now called instigating, that's nice to know. We converse by sharing information don't we Patriot? At least that's what I thought. These Elk Konnected, LLC people just don't play nice, always trying to put us down for having a conversation or asking a question. Not nice me.at all. They even all facts trash, shame shame. Now it's called turmoil, what would it be called if we were in a circle of chairs?

readyaimduck

Now, now.  In no way did I call you out!   Quite the opposite.  Please don't get paranoic on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just know that if the 'facade' of good intentions are there, then those that don't follow with their blinders on will see that 1:  yes the clock is nice.  2:  Where are the businesses?  3.  What part do the commisoners have in the sayso of who can build and who cannot?  That seems to be a contention as to where is the money  SHOW ME THE MONEY and where it is spent!

The comissioners are in control, either fortunately, or not.  They are elected officials.  If things aren't the way anyone wants, then try to change it, and yes, Ross/Partriot, I have agreed with some of your thoughts.  Just don't know if Howard is ready with some of your though processes.

Discussion is good.  A circle of chairs is good in its place. Around a campfire, with a pot of beans, kiettle coffe and the wildnerness.
To move forward, takes faith and somewhat of a miracle.  Keep bringing up thoughts. 

ready

readyaimduck

:-X  I said I would stay out of this....and I will from now on.  Everyone brings up questions...and ross/Patriot...you both get my craw.  that doesn't mean I disagree.  Some people will just not move on to things more important then comspetics to bring in businesses. 
1.  have to have a substructure to suport (roads, water, etc).  2.  have to have  traffic to support those businesses' (why go off 400 to see Howard?)  3. The future of this town not being like Busby is what?????????????

off now...ready.

Ross

Quote from: readyaimduck on May 14, 2011, 06:24:10 PM
Now, now.  In no way did I call you out!   Quite the opposite.  Please don't get paranoic on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just know that if the 'facade' of good intentions are there, then those that don't follow with their blinders on will see that 1:  yes the clock is nice.  2:  Where are the businesses?  3.  What part do the commisoners have in the sayso of who can build and who cannot?  That seems to be a contention as to where is the money  SHOW ME THE MONEY and where it is spent!

The comissioners are in control, either fortunately, or not.  They are elected officials.  If things aren't the way anyone wants, then try to change it, and yes, Ross/Partriot, I have agreed with some of your thoughts.  Just don't know if Howard is ready with some of your though processes.

Discussion is good.  A circle of chairs is good in its place. Around a campfire, with a pot of beans, kiettle coffe and the wildnerness.
To move forward, takes faith and somewhat of a miracle.  Keep bringing up thoughts. 

ready
Well, now that I like. Thaks for setting me straight.

Ross

Quote from: readyaimduck on May 14, 2011, 06:30:33 PM
:-X  I said I would stay out of this....and I will from now on.  Everyone brings up questions...and ross/Patriot...you both get my craw.  that doesn't mean I disagree.  Some people will just not move on to things more important then comspetics to bring in businesses.  1.  have to have a substructure to suport (roads, water, etc).  2.  have to have  traffic to support those businesses' (why go off 400 to see Howard?)  3. The future of this town not being like Busy is what?????????????

off now...ready.
Actually this thread was more about Elk Konnected, LLC than Howard. but as you seem to be saying everything appears to be aimed at Howard. Elk Konnected, LLC has refered to the "old guard" and from my understanding there is really no difference. It's just organized as Elk Konnected, LLC, whatever that "old guard" was/is.

#1 If you read the first article in this thread it stated a big idea. "Unified Gov't (w/in the county) to save money and become more unified (do away with city gov't, councils­ (cont.) all centrally located-one managing body) (Big Ideas's)" Now doesn't that just sound like Howard want's to dictate to the whole county?

#2 Another "Centrally located county fairgrounds with 1 fair - 1 (Big Idea's)"
That to me reads shut down Longtons fair ground and disallow their "Longton Free Fair" not called a county fair. Again bring all interest to Howard.

Now i have expressed my opinion about #1 & #2 above and I invite your opinion as to what the statements in quotations might mean to you. Thanks.

Diane Amberg

Ross, I'm one of those "every little bit helps" people. Besides, your residents should have something to enjoy, like the clock, even if nobody else notices. You are never going to have one quick fix for Elk County and everything will be fine.There are just too few of you and too many who don't seem to want any growth or change at all.That will eventually be the death knell of any small town. To court any  real industry you have to compete or have tax incentives or have something ready to offer. Your infrastructure is just too small unless somebody/ies takes a deep breath and demands, encourages, cajoles, begs, pleads or just plain gets gets pissed enough to find interest and cooperation.
 Who is going to want to risk a big investment there? Some of you don't even consider the wind farm project enough to bother with because it won't fix everything all at once and is limited.
You have big land owners and very successful people who will snap up every piece of land for sale and expand their ranches and /or farms, but is that kind of success enough to make for a healthy area? Apparently not.You'd have to go back a few years and look at all the good suggestions that sprouted right here. Some by people who have moved on and are no longer active on the forum. 
 There are so many portable jobs out there that aren't location dependent, but how would they know about  Elk County? Plus you have a few really RUDE snots on the forum who would drive away anybody because they are so incredibly judgemental and intolerant of anybody who doesn't fit their predetermined mold and agree with anything they say. If a few of you treat  the public, or each other other in person like you do on the forum, or worse yet, are two faced, no wonder your area isn't thriving.
 As for Charlie, he can speak very well for himself. That's all I'll say on that.

indygal

Ross, had you stayed for the entire evening, you would know that those "big ideas" came from individuals in the discussion circles, and not from any governing body or the Elk Konnected steering committee or any sort of leadership group. Each and every participant had the opportunity to share ideas, large and small, about how to make Elk County a better place for all. This isn't about Howard, or Moline or Longton. This isn't about any one group controlling another. The conversation was and is about Elk County and its future. Those who were there understand how the process worked.

By the way, how did your meeting with Mr. Fish go? What did you find out? Would it not, in the spirit of fairness, be of interest to all to hear what you learned? Also would you share what you found out when you talked with any of the commissioners?

Ross

Quote from: indygal on May 14, 2011, 07:25:39 PM
Ross, had you stayed for the entire evening, you would know that those "big ideas" came from individuals in the discussion circles, and not from any governing body or the Elk Konnected steering committee or any sort of leadership group. Each and every participant had the opportunity to share ideas, large and small, about how to make Elk County a better place for all. This isn't about Howard, or Moline or Longton. This isn't about any one group controlling another. The conversation was and is about Elk County and its future. Those who were there understand how the process worked.

By the way, how did your meeting with Mr. Fish go? What did you find out? Would it not, in the spirit of fairness, be of interest to all to hear what you learned? Also would you share what you found out when you talked with any of the commissioners?

I just haven't had the chance to visit with Mr. Fish. When I do get the opportunity to visit with him if I decide there is anything to share I may do just that. I have been pretty busy.

As for my visit with the commissioners I have already posted that visits information.  Thanks for inquiring.

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on May 14, 2011, 07:19:03 PM
Ross, I'm one of those "every little bit helps" people.

Every little bit helps, huh? And I suppose this little bit helps a lot?

#1 If you read the first article in this thread it stated a big idea. "Unified Gov't (w/in the county) to save money and become more unified (do away with city gov't, councils­ (cont.) all centrally located-one managing body) (Big Ideas's)" Now doesn't that just sound like Howard want's to dictate to the whole county?

#2 Another "Centrally located county fairgrounds with 1 fair - 1 (Big Idea's)"
That to me reads shut down Longtons fair ground and disallow their "Longton Free Fair" not called a county fair. Again bring all interest to Howard.

It shows attitude. And as I have been informed on this very forum these ideas have been around a very long time. Not a new idea but a big idea.

Does the founding member Of Elk Konnected, LLC writing herself a letter to be published in a local magazine sound proper to you? Oh and she made sure to use her position as Elk County Commissioner in writing that letter. Where, oh where are the ethics.

I'm all for good change not no change. But the lie continues about not using taxpayers dollars to accomplish what each community in Elk County could accomplish for themselves with those same tax dollars if available to them instead of a Howard controlled company.

Wilma

You keep talking about tax dollars being spent on Howard improvements.  Do you care to enlarge on that?  Just what improvements in Howard, such as the clock tower, has tax money been used for?  List them and keep it simple.  There is no need to enlarge your post with your opinion.  The facts, sir, just the facts.

And if I remember right, the one fair was to be a new facility, centrally located, which is certainly not Howard.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk