Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

You decided to make your home in Elk County in spite of all the things that are wrong with it?  Live with it.  Trying to tear it down isn't going to make it anymore to your liking.  I'm not kidding that everytime some group has tried to introduce something new to the county it has been shot down just like some people are trying to do now.

Patriot

Quote from: Wilma on May 02, 2011, 06:28:19 PM
You decided to make your home in Elk County in spite of all the things that are wrong with it?  Live with it.  Trying to tear it down isn't going to make it anymore to your liking.  I'm not kidding that everytime some group has tried to introduce something new to the county it has been shot down just like some people are trying to do now.

Choosing to live here in spite of its' flaws is complimentary.  I do stay in spite of the negatives.  Just like some men stay with nagging wives, in spite of their nagging or some women stay with men who fart in church, in spite of their bad habit.  I won't, however,  bury my head in the sand and pretend the negatives don't exist.  To do so would be disingenuous and intellectually dishonest.  Pointing out those flaws is not an attempt to 'tear it down'.  If you have cancer and ignore it 2 things are true... First, it won't likely get better let alone treated.  Second, ignoring it doesn't mean it isn't real.  Maybe now it's time to become a bit more honest about some of the realities here. As for what others may or may not have done in the past or what their intent may have been is something of which I have no knowledge.  That was then and 'they' were 'they'.  Finally, nothing you've said changes the theme of this thread or the lack of transparency suggested one iota.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Patriot

Quote from: Lookatmeknow!! on May 02, 2011, 05:37:43 PM
...But not sure if you are joking about the reasons that you opposed the area or not. If you are not, that right there makes you an outsider to me. I personally like new people coming into the area. I don't have a problem with that at all, it's the comments like this:    there were some things that opposed my decision.  Those included the  high content surface rock. the lousy county roads, a lack of infrastructure, the standoffish nature of its' residents to anyone perceived as a 'newbie' or outsider, the tendency of some of its' residents to be gossip mongers regarding the private affairs of other residents (especially when overheard in public places) and the ridiculous tax rates.  The lack of community growth, the dwindling population, the absence of a fancy new school buildings, or an imported tile roof on the courthouse or the high property crime rates reported annually to the FBI were of concern, but they were something I believed I could live with.

That's just RUDE!!

I never said I opposed the area, I said there were things that were negatives.  As for you considering someone who is honest about the negatives an outsider,  that says a lot about you I suppose.  Every observation I made is either a matter of documented fact (dwindling population per the census, high property crime rate per KBI & FBI reports & records, rocks are something hard to hide, etc.) or they are observations I've made (people peering around street corners to check out license plates or gossiping about their fellow county residents in P&J's, Poplar Pizza, or the isles at Batson's).  As for those uncomplimentary observations, they are reinforced both by friends and family who have come to visit and admission of some locals.  If you think I'm saying all residents are like this, you are mistaken, but when it's frequently seen by others, it reinforces a negative view outsiders may have.... and it may be one reason they don't 'stay and grow with us'.  Now, if you are going to dislike me, at least you'll dislike me for being honest.  Better that than having you like me because I lie and parrot only warm fuzzies that others want to hear.  I was asked a question about my opinion.  I answered it.  Rude, no.  Honest, yes.

Now, about things folks want to do to improve Elk County....

srkruzich

Quote from: Lookatmeknow!! on May 02, 2011, 05:37:43 PM
dency of some of its' residents to be gossip mongers regarding the private affairs of other residents (especially when overheard in public places) and the ridiculous tax rates.  The lack of community growth, the dwindling population, the absence of a fancy new school buildings, or an imported tile roof on the courthouse or the high property crime rates reported annually to the FBI were of concern, but they were something I believed I could live with.

That's just RUDE!!
THats not rude, its honest.  It is the same impression i got when i first moved here.   The thing about it is that i moved here for my own reasons not to satisfy others curiosity or to meet others approval.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Ross

The main things of interest to me is who owns Elk Konnected LLC? Why is it secreative? Why does Elk Konneccted LLC continue to deny using our tax dollars to provide the little things they do for the community? Why does Elk Konnected pretend to represent the whole county in their actions with our elected officials?

I understand they have their goals I just copied and pasted them right here.
The link  http://www.publicsquarecommunities.com/mission.htm

Community Goals

Youth Development - Establish a coordinated youth development program in the Elk Konnected community
Physical Image - Create a coordinated, six-community appreciation day to clean up our physical image
Community Wellness - Create the infrastructure for a community wellness and enrichment network
Community Standards - Establish and enforce property maintenance standards throughout the Elk Konnected community
Communication - Develop a community-wide clearinghouse for publicizing activities and events to patrons

By what authority do they have to Establish and enforce property maintenance standards throughout the Elk Konnected community.
I know that the company Public Square Communities LLC tells Elk Konnected LLC to take control --- just what does that mean?
Where are Elk Konnected LLC community bounderies --- or are they taking control over the whole county?
Elk Konnected LLC told the school board they would be state wide accredited? That's not true, they recieve their acredation by paying Public Squares Community LLC with our tax dollars to be accredited by this little company with 15 or 16 customers and are accredited by no one else. Nothing state wide about that. they are just using our tax dollars to join Mr.What's His Names private little club . It's juat that the dues are rather steep in my opinion. But Mr. Whats His Name needs to make a good living so keep paying him every two years with our tax dollars there is lot's of it.

Again, I copied and pasted it here. The link is http://www.publicsquarecommunities.com/mission.htm#Community Conversation

What is Accreditation?

Any county or city can become accredited as a "Public Square Community." Begun in 2007, this new standard-setting process enables high performing communities to market themselves to potential residents, businesses, investors and visitors.

Accreditation requires that four sectors – business, education, human service and government – share leadership and funding for managing their development efforts. These four sectors comprise the "Public Square." To be eligible to apply for accreditation, a community must have a two-year track record of involving citizens in creating and implementing their community's vision. They must renew their vision and goals every two years, have at least three citizen teams implementing goals at all times, hold an annual regional conversation with a neighboring community, provide leadership for the annual Communities Conference and pay an annual fee of $1,500 to $4,000 depending on population. The fee must come from at least three of the four public square sectors.
Accreditation is granted by a 4-person peer review team from other communities and regional partners.
Accreditation ( every 2 years )
sustain the process (engaged community, up-to-date goals & action teams, regional conversation), share leadership of the annual Communities Conference, apply for "Public Square Community" accreditation and pay fee, be reviewed by a team of peers and funding partners, contribute reviewers for other accreditation applicants.

i suppose to some these are not important questions perhaps they think they are getting something for free from the company Elk Konnected LLC. But I have tried to show the facts. You may be a committee person or a volunteer and I am happy that you have your new position but you are not part of the company Elk Konnected LLC you are only being used by the company Elk KOnnected LLC And you don't even know who owns the company Elk Konnected LLC because it is a secret. Now there in not a thing I have written here that is twisted. It is very clear thinking.

We have a right in my opinion to know who this secreative person is that is licensed as Elk Konnected LLC and keeps asking for our tax dollars. This is major flaw with Elk Konnected LLC. The party they are paying with our tax dollars at least has the decency to give his name --- Mr. Terry Woodbury --- and he is real happy to take our tax dollars. Give some thought to that.  

Mr. Woodbury has his own names for our medical professionals and churches and business and school. He calls them the Public Square that makes it sound like everything is owned by the public. I find that really strange or more of a way of trying to control as mentioned above. This information is not secreative click on the links above and then read all the other pages listed on Public Square Communities LLC web site. Or don't.

srkruzich

Quote from: Ross on May 02, 2011, 08:48:16 PM

Youth Development - Establish a coordinated youth development program in the Elk Konnected community
Physical Image - Create a coordinated, six-community appreciation day to clean up our physical image
Community Wellness - Create the infrastructure for a community wellness and enrichment network
Community Standards - Establish and enforce property maintenance standards throughout the Elk Konnected community
Communication - Develop a community-wide clearinghouse for publicizing activities and events to patrons

By what authority do they have to Establish and enforce property maintenance standards throughout the Elk Konnected community.

LOL yeah it is interesting isn't it.  Enforcement denotes usage of law enforcement to enforce these " standards".  IT would have to be Law Enforcement with a WARRANT in order to be enforcible.  Anything else would be subject to being shot.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Lookatmeknow!!

Patriot, I can see where people would find offense to the whispers and whatever. I am not upset about your honesty at all. I for one don't let the idea that someone is talking about me bother me, anymore. I am so used to it, I look at it this way. If they are talking about me, they are leaving someone else alone. I guess that comes from leaving around here all my life, things like that just don't bother me.
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Patriot

Quote from: Lookatmeknow!! on May 03, 2011, 07:18:20 AM
Patriot, I can see where people would find offense to the whispers and whatever. I am not upset about your honesty at all. I for one don't let the idea that someone is talking about me bother me, anymore. I am so used to it, I look at it this way. If they are talking about me, they are leaving someone else alone. I guess that comes from leaving around here all my life, things like that just don't bother me.

Thank you.  It bothers me that I've been told by at least 2 people who were considering moving to Elk that they would not, specifically because they were made to feel like unwelcome outsiders by some of our residents.  Maybe what we need, in addition to roads and businesses, is a more welcoming attitude to visitors, no?

mtcookson

Quote from: Ross on May 02, 2011, 08:48:16 PM

Quote from: srkruzich on May 02, 2011, 08:54:22 PM
LOL yeah it is interesting isn't it.  Enforcement denotes usage of law enforcement to enforce these " standards".  IT would have to be Law Enforcement with a WARRANT in order to be enforcible.  Anything else would be subject to being shot.

That explains the guy (who isn't an actual law enforcement officer though) that has been going around, violating the 4th, sending out notices to certain people, violating another part of the constitution that I won't mention publicly yet. That's why I spent some money on those signs. I really need to get those up soon though.

If EK had any part of getting the city to send this new guy around handing out notices, they definitely do not have any support from me whatsoever. >:(

Ross

Quote from: mtcookson on May 03, 2011, 11:25:45 AM
That explains the guy (who isn't an actual law enforcement officer though) that has been going around, violating the 4th, sending out notices to certain people, violating another part of the constitution that I won't mention publicly yet. That's why I spent some money on those signs. I really need to get those up soon though.

If EK had any part of getting the city to send this new guy around handing out notices, they definitely do not have any support from me whatsoever. >:(

mtcookson welcome to the conversation. Perhaps in the near future you can share more with us on your subject.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk