Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Quote from: thatsMRSc2u on April 30, 2011, 10:41:39 AM
http://www.publicsquarecommunities.com/resources/kcl0511.pdf

found this doing research...............
Avery nice letter. But if she is Elk Konnected writing to yourself is kind of weird isn't it/

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on April 30, 2011, 04:41:02 PM
Yes, of course I was kidding about checking guns.....I'll leave it at that.  Yes, we've had people with carry permits have guns at meetings, but when a US Marshal or police officer we all know comes it's no big deal. We all know each other. Now a stranger displaying a weapon might be something else. I'm sure the first people who donated were known and acknowledged but I'm not the one to ask. Someone else on here may remember.  May I ask why it matters now?

As I have stated they won't tell. And the amount they claim is the same as the $3000.00 School Grant they recieved from the Kansas State Department of Commerce. That is just to much of a coincidence.

Wilma

I would still like to know just who it is that you are asking that won't tell.  They covers a lot of people.

thatsMRSc2u

QuoteDo You live in Stella, Missouri now. Is that part of the beautiful Ozarks?

Yeah I do.....ooohhhh how'd you find out where I live? LOL! WE do, but I still have PLENTY of tax-payin relatives in that neck of the woods, I was born, raised and spent almost 40 of my 50 years there. We left for the reasons that from what I can tell ELK Konnected is tryin to do somethin about.....no jobs, no future for my kids except leavin. I'm real happy your a tax-paying land-owner, so are my relatives LOL. I f you want to know answers so bad ask the people who are INVOLVED instead of fishin from people who obviously ARENT and stompin around sniffin the corners for S*&^ the way you are on here! Go to a meeting and participate instead of grand-standin like you're the caped crusader for Christs sake.

Quote from: Ross on April 30, 2011, 05:14:11 PM
Avery nice letter. But if she is Elk Konnected writing to yourself is kind of weird isn't it/

uh....it's a magazine article to the CITIZENS of Elk county.

Ross

Quote from: thatsMRSc2u on April 30, 2011, 05:42:26 PM
Yeah I do.....ooohhhh how'd you find out where I live? LOL! WE do, but I still have PLENTY of tax-payin relatives in that neck of the woods, I was born, raised and spent almost 40 of my 50 years there. We left for the reasons that from what I can tell ELK Konnected is tryin to do somethin about.....no jobs, no future for my kids except leavin. I'm real happy your a tax-paying land-owner, so are my relatives LOL. I f you want to know answers so bad ask the people who are INVOLVED instead of fishin from people who obviously ARENT and stompin around sniffin the corners for S*&^ the way you are on here! Go to a meeting and participate instead of grand-standin like you're the caped crusader for Christs sake.

uh....it's a magazine article to the CITIZENS of Elk county.

I left Independence in 1966 to serve in the military. I came back after 4 years and there was no work so I reenlisted. In 1976 I went to work for Arco pipeline fro East Chicago to Corpus Christi and places in between. After ten years I, along with quite a few others got layed off. I became jobless and homeless for several months during the winter. I moved to Washington State lived in my pick up truck and looked for work and worked several jobs while waiting to be hired at the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard. From there I was forced into disability retirement due to an on the job injury and I chose this County to live in versus Montgomery. I like this county a lot.

AS I've said several times those are not the company meetings. When they tell you don't sit with your spouse, don't sit with your neighbor that's just not friendly in my opinion no matter what the excuse they give, nothing comes between me and my wife--nothing. And she feels exactly the same way.  I was told several people at that last meeting asked questions about the company and none were answered. I know that EK iis on here but again no answers.

The Ozarks must be simply beautiful all greened up by now. I loved driving through the Ozarks although it has been a long time since I've been there. I'll never forget it but I'll probably never see it again except in pictures. I just have no desire to roam from my little piece of heaven on earth. I've had plenty of roaming in my life.

Have a great weekend.

Lookatmeknow!!

I know lots of people that are part of Elk Konnect. They have different committees and different people are on the different committees from all over the county and Severy. Ross, what is so wrong with a fitness center??? Have you ever struggled with your weight??? Have you not seen on the news and all that you read that obsesity is becoming a killer??

This topic is making me just sick!!! Seriously!! When I was growing up in Severy, we had a group of people that were trying to raise money for a community center for the kids, and another group of citizens fought against this group. This is what I see happening here. Not what is good for the whole county, but what is good for you, look out for number one!! I don't like that kind of thinking!! I hope to live in Elk County the rest of my life, and I sure would like to think that there is something here in a few years. At the rate that you all are thinking and acting, man there won't be anything left because the people that are the doers are the ones that you are ALWAYS knocking down. Do you know that is what bugs me about being a 4-H leader!! If want to know something about something, go to meetings, participate in things. Try to be active in things, not the ones standing around complaining all the time!!! SO DONE WITH THIS!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Ross

Quote from: Lookatmeknow!! on April 30, 2011, 07:22:01 PM
I know lots of people that are part of Elk Konnect. They have different committees and different people are on the different committees from all over the county and Severy. Ross, what is so wrong with a fitness center??? Have you ever struggled with your weight??? Have you not seen on the news and all that you read that obsesity is becoming a killer??

This topic is making me just sick!!! Seriously!! When I was growing up in Severy, we had a group of people that were trying to raise money for a community center for the kids, and another group of citizens fought against this group. This is what I see happening here. Not what is good for the whole county, but what is good for you, look out for number one!! I don't like that kind of thinking!! I hope to live in Elk County the rest of my life, and I sure would like to think that there is something here in a few years. At the rate that you all are thinking and acting, man there won't be anything left because the people that are the doers are the ones that you are ALWAYS knocking down. Do you know that is what bugs me about being a 4-H leader!! If want to know something about something, go to meetings, participate in things. Try to be active in things, not the ones standing around complaining all the time!!! SO DONE WITH THIS!!

I'll try once again. Elk Konnected LLC is a company, not a group. Someone owns it. Elk Konnected use groups to do their bidding. LLC means Limited Liability Company. As a non-profit company they have to file with the State and IRS as a company. The company Elk Konnected started the fitnes center which may or may not be required to bbe licensed with the City of Howard. I have never said anything was wrong with the fitness center. I have asked how many use it and how much it cost for membership. The company Elk Konnected LLC does not publish their meetings. They publish what they call Community Conversations which has nothing to do with the company's meetings. I just can make it any simpler than that. Community Conversations are not Company Meetings.

As far as my weight I did at one time put on quite a few too many pounds and it took me two years to take it off. And right now I pay attention in hopes that it never happens again. i simply pushed away from the table and don't have extra helpings and I ate an awful lot of oat meal something I never did like. Now that I am older I like it occassionally.

Lookatmeknow!!

25.00 a month membership, and there are many members not just 8. Maybe you should call some of the GROUP people then, instead of asking on here?????? Wouldn't that be the way to get the answers??? I mean, or send a letter. Seems to me you know EVERYTHING about this GROUP!!! I didn't know it was an LLC, and really that doesn't bother me. I have to say what bothers me is that I feel you are putting this group down at every turn they make. I know you don't like that they use tax dollars to fund it, but do you have solid proof about that?? So, one person is in two groups!! Not to many volunteers jumping to help do to many things around here. I know that its hard enough to get parents to want to become involved in the groups that their children are part of, sometimes it is. And once people know that you will help out, they will always call you. That's because they know that you will help out. I am always sending treats to Girl Scouts, spent countless hours working Auction sales for 4-H, given teachers gifts to show that what they do for my child is appreciated, and I would do it again in a heart beat. Not for the glory, but because it's the right and nice thing to do. Maybe whoever gave the start up money don't want that kind of recognition, they just wanted to give to see something nice done for the community.
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Diane Amberg

I know of a least one fund raiser too, about three years ago. They did ask for donations also and some people do like to donate to things anonymously so they don't get hounded by other people also looking for donations.This forum, as much as I'm sure some would like it to be, is not the be all and end all of Elk County. There are people who support EK who would not like to be announced on the forum as they don't like the gossip. I'd talk more about this but then I'd be rude and I don't want to be.
I'm still not quite sure about the ''tax payers money" business. If they applied for a start up grant from Kansas and got it, what is the problem? If they didn't get it someone else would have. Perhaps it's nice that is was Elk County's turn.

Ross

Quote from: Lookatmeknow!! on April 30, 2011, 08:46:58 PM
25.00 a month membership, and there are many members not just 8. Maybe you should call some of the GROUP people then, instead of asking on here?????? Wouldn't that be the way to get the answers??? I mean, or send a letter. Seems to me you know EVERYTHING about this GROUP!!! I didn't know it was an LLC, and really that doesn't bother me. I have to say what bothers me is that I feel you are putting this group down at every turn they make. I know you don't like that they use tax dollars to fund it, but do you have solid proof about that?? So, one person is in two groups!! Not to many volunteers jumping to help do to many things around here. I know that its hard enough to get parents to want to become involved in the groups that their children are part of, sometimes it is. And once people know that you will help out, they will always call you. That's because they know that you will help out. I am always sending treats to Girl Scouts, spent countless hours working Auction sales for 4-H, given teachers gifts to show that what they do for my child is appreciated, and I would do it again in a heart beat. Not for the glory, but because it's the right and nice thing to do. Maybe whoever gave the start up money don't want that kind of recognition, they just wanted to give to see something nice done for the community.

Okay, I have tried to be as clear as I possibly can. I don't know everything about Elk Konnected LLC the company. I do know the their so called community conversations are very controlled and you are only allowed to talk to people in you circle that you are asked to join in, untill Elk Konnected permits you to change circles and you may only discuss what Elk Konnected wants you to talk about. And that is brought about peer pressure. I also know that Elk Konnected doesn't want us to consider them a privately owned company. And now that we know Elk Konnected doesn't want us to know who owns the company.

Pleas show me where i have put Elk Konnected down and I will eat my words.

As far as writing a letter, using a postage stamp, that is the old fashioned way, we are now in the 21st Century and the digital era. This forum is the modern way to communicate. And it allows others who may be interested know and understand what is transpiring. not just one person. Even Elk Konnected, LLC is aware of that with their web page. And like any political or company they monitor what is happening one thweb to know what is going on in their interest or otherwise. This particular 6thread of Elk County Forum is for political discussions and I do thank the owners of this Forum for providing this form of communication. I am also certain if the owners of this web site were biased or offended they would remove this thread. And if I had crossed any lines moving into derrogatory behavior they would quickly let me know or even remove me from as a member of this site.

I have never said I don't like them using tax dollars. I have said, I don't like that they deny using tax dollars. Yes I have proved they use tax dollars. School grants from the Kansas Department of Commerce are funded by taxes. At the County Commissioners meeting Liz argued that Elk Konnected LLC never saw that money, that the money went straight to Public Squares Community. it really make no difference if the money got to Public Squares Cummunities by homing pigeon or by snail mail. The money was to pay Public Squares Communities for their services on behalf of Elk Konnected LLC. She still insisted they don't use tax payers dollars and I reminded her that just before i stood before the commisioners the Elk Konnected LLC Youth Services was infront of them asking for money and recieved it and i asked her if that was tax money. I recieved no answer.

As you said you didn't know that Elk Konnected is an LLC and it doesn't bother you. And that's fine with me. But I would like to know who owns a private company that wants to influence our elected officials and who wants to control our tax doallars and how they are spent. I really don't care how many lollipops they throw out to appease a few people, the little soccer play times, the card playing that's lollipops. I don't care how many people they put on panerls to make them feel important to appease them. The important aspect of this whole thig are those that hide behind closed doors.
Please tell me why they are hiding?
We are communicating a whole lot better than Elk Konnected. Oh FYI I'm not using some fictious name

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk