Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

Quote from: Wilma on April 28, 2011, 04:10:44 PM
I have hear that Steve doesn't live in Elk County, either.  What about the rest of you?

Oh for cripes sake, Wilma... there are a number of people who post here who reside outside Elk Co.  Like it or not. Get over it already.  Sheesh.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Ross

Quote from: Lookatmeknow!! on April 28, 2011, 11:52:22 AM
While you are getting so concerned about this, maybe you should sit back and listen to the big picture. Those are all IDEAS!! That is the key word there. IDEAS!! Man, why worry about all of this until the whole windfarm thing is a done deal. You all are making this out to be some sort of terrible thing to have ideas, to have meetings, to basically be a person that has anything good to say about Elk Konnected. I am thinking that I am not sure that you guys even live in Elk county??? Do you???

Truthfully my dear I don't give a damn about the money that may or may not come about. It's the deception, manipulation and control that Elk Konnected uses. And Idea's are great but when they go to the extent of:

Unified Gov't (w/in the county) to save money and become more unified (do away with city gov't, councils­
(cont.) all centrally located-one managing body) (Big Ideas's)

For more control That bothers me.

And when they blantantly lie about not using taxpayers money. That bothers me.
When the county commissioner starts the organization and turns it into a political action committee and is trying to manipulate the county commissioners by having people representing Elk Konnected come before the board. That bothers me.

Sure they do a couple of good things. It's comparable to giving a child a lollipop while playing a dirty trick on them. I believe in honesty.

That's just my opinion and I'm entitled to it especially since I pay taxes here in Elk County.

Lookatmeknow!!

Quote from: Ross on April 28, 2011, 09:03:52 PM
Truthfully my dear I don't give a damn about the money that may or may not come about. It's the deception, manipulation and control that Elk Konnected uses. And Idea's are great but when they go to the extent of:

Unified Gov't (w/in the county) to save money and become more unified (do away with city gov't, councils­
(cont.) all centrally located-one managing body) (Big Ideas's)

For more control That bothers me.

And when they blantantly lie about not using taxpayers money. That bothers me.
When the county commissionr starts the organization and turns it into a political action committee and is trying to manipulate the county commissioners by having people representing Elk Konnected come before the board. That bothers me.

Sure they do a couple of good things. It's comparable to giving a child a lollipop while playing a dirty trick on them. I believe in honesty.

That's just my opinion and I'm entitled to it especially since I pay taxes here in Elk County.

I don't like the fact that they just want one government either. I don't see that working. It just doesn't make any sense. But what I do see, not just in Elk County, people are changing. I don't like the economy, and we all know it's terrible. But with that change people change, too. They go into panic mode I think. I just can't get there. I feel going into a panic about money is just not worth it. Yes, we all need money to live, but at what expense is it worth the worry. I used to worry about money and the economy, but you know it got me no where but sick.

Also, I understand it doesn't matter where people are from or if they pay taxes here or not. Everyone is entitled to there opinion, I get that. What I don't get is when someone else has a different opinion than the others, its like they are outcasted. Like Charlie, some of you don't like his views on things. And that is your opinion. He is entitled to his opinion just like you are. Why break the post down and all but call him white trash cause his opinion don't match yours. I like debate, but feel that one can't debate anything on here if they don't agree with the post. THAT IS JUST WRONG!!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Wilma

Well said, Angie.  Why are some people so set on arguing that what they post is absolutely right and what someone else posts that differs a bit, is wrong?  Why do some people want us all to get into a panic and overthrow the current government?  What is their ulterior motive?  So some posters disagree with and dislike one of our commissioners?  The time to campaign is when the position comes up to be refilled.   What do you want us to do about it now?  Is this another nit-picking session?

Ross

Quote from: Lookatmeknow!! on April 29, 2011, 06:37:19 AM
I don't like the fact that they just want one government either. I don't see that working. It just doesn't make any sense. But what I do see, not just in Elk County, people are changing. I don't like the economy, and we all know it's terrible. But with that change people change, too. They go into panic mode I think. I just can't get there. I feel going into a panic about money is just not worth it. Yes, we all need money to live, but at what expense is it worth the worry. I used to worry about money and the economy, but you know it got me no where but sick.

Also, I understand it doesn't matter where people are from or if they pay taxes here or not. Everyone is entitled to there opinion, I get that. What I don't get is when someone else has a different opinion than the others, its like they are outcasted. Like Charlie, some of you don't like his views on things. And that is your opinion. He is entitled to his opinion just like you are. Why break the post down and all but call him white trash cause his opinion don't match yours. I like debate, but feel that one can't debate anything on here if they don't agree with the post. THAT IS JUST WRONG!!!

i agree everyone is entitled to their opinion. And my reason for posting this list was because I knew the newspaper wouldn't. The newspaper is Elk Konnected affiliated and therefore biased. And I also posted it to get a real conversation going. And i can agree to disagree and hopefully not offend anyone.

In my opinion the fact that Elk Konnected suggest on government for all the communities shows that they want to control Elk County.
Why, even when I spoke with the County Commissioners Board on Monday I could barely draw a difference between Elk Konnected and the Board. I do believe only one Commissioner is not involved with Elk Konnected. and that is Mr. Ritz.

While expressing my opinion to the board about Elk Konnected it was like a switch from County Commissioners to Elk Konnected.
Elk Konnected presents it self as if they represent all the people of Elk County and I believe it is more like 5 or 6% as someone else has pointed out. If the commissioners were really interested in the county peoples opinions as a whole they would take the proper leadership role and hole a special meeting open to the public without the 3 ring circus that Elk Konnected holds.

It's not just about a commissioner, it's about Elk Konnected. And the time to wake up is now.  Not on election day. Look at the people running for the next president, they have already started positioning themselves. We need a couple of people to run for these offices that won't abuse the positions. We need to be looking now. I'd almost bet Elk Konnected has already got someone in mind.

Again it just my opinion.

Wilma

Ross, I don't know who you are or what your connection to Elk County is, but.  The idea of one government has been around for awhile.  I have heard it mentioned before.  It is not a new idea thought up by Elk Konnected.  Sedgwick County even talks about it once in awhile.  Also, when you say Elk Konnected, who specifically are you talking about?  Are they citizens of Elk County?  Couldn't it be that some Elk County citizens are finally beginning to take hold of an idea about improving Elk County?  I haven't seen it happening before in the 60 some years that I have been in this area.

Ross

Quote from: Wilma on April 29, 2011, 10:27:58 AM
Ross, I don't know who you are or what your connection to Elk County is, but.  The idea of one government has been around for awhile.  I have heard it mentioned before.  It is not a new idea thought up by Elk Konnected.  Sedgwick County even talks about it once in awhile.  Also, when you say Elk Konnected, who specifically are you talking about?  Are they citizens of Elk County?  Couldn't it be that some Elk County citizens are finally beginning to take hold of an idea about improving Elk County?  I haven't seen it happening before in the 60 some years that I have been in this area.

I've got a small retirement farm in Elk County as I've said I pay my taxes. I believe about the idea being around for a long time. But today they have an organization that is trying to push it. And as I've said there is a blurr between our Elk County elected officials and Elk konnected. Elk Konnected won't say exactly who they are therefore I percieve DECEPTION. I do know Liz Hendricks our County Commissioner prides herself as a founding member. Elk Konnected is suppose to be county citizens but their public conversations are controlled and ran by Public Square Communities LLC out of Leota, Ks --- and in my opinion a three ring circus and they hold the whip.
we don't want you sitting with your spouse (nobody comes between me and my wife--nobody), we don't want you sitting with your friend. Also the fact that our newspaper considers itself an affiliate so you will never get the full story from them.

Elk Konnected's idea of improving anything is to hound the community city councils for money. I have been told the communities have been telling them no. And I don't see why Elk Konnected has any right to knock a communities city councils decision to opt out of anything that Howard wants. Why does Elk Konnected want to do away with the Longton Free Fair???? My guess is so Longton will donate to and participate more in Howards Fair. I love the little parades and events all these little communities have and the sweet thing is even if you don't live in these little communities you are treated like a long lost friend.

If it's such a good idea to get rid of these little communities city councils to save money. Do you suppose that senator or whoever, do you suppose he is right about consolidating the counties? We could be part of Montgomery County, Chataqua County and a couple others and have one centralized government in Independence, Ks.

I have tilled gardens for people (no charge), I have given farm fresh eggs to people (no charge), I have done other things (no charge).
Do i run to the newspaper looking for a pat on the back. Heck no, that's not why I give a helping hand. And I'm not looking for a pat on the back now. I just try to be helpful when I can and I don't collect taxpayers dollars for doing it. So maybe I'm a fool. But I enjoy life.

I have to get back to work here on my little retirement farm. I'll check back later.

Wilma

Who are you talking about specifically when you say Elk Konnected?  Are you talking about Liz Hendricks or someone that is not a citizen of Elk County?  What I want is names, not the name of an organization.  Maybe then I could put more credence to what you are saying.

As to combining city and county governments,  I can't see how that would benefit anyone.  And I am wondering if that can be done without letting the citizens vote on it.

What I am beginning to see here is "The sky is falling, the sky is falling."

mayflower

I have been reading all the posts concerning Elk Konnected and the Community Conversation, and I just have to remind Mr. Ross that the results of the conversation were from the citizens there...most of whom have nothing to do with Elk Konnected.  Elk Konnected was there to help the citizens of Elk County say what they thought; and they did.  It was an organized, well run meeting.  I'm sure you do not know for sure how it went because the county sheriff's personnel removed you from the meeting for being disruptive very early on.

Again, what the final committee came up with had "lower taxes" and "dept reduction" as the first and largest responses on the list.  Those were the opinions of the majority citizens attending the meeting.......not Elk Konnected (although some of us agree with those thoughts).  Everyone had a say as to what they thought the county should do with the money.  If someone wanted a golf course, that was their right to say so.  I'm sure there weren't very many "golf course" replies on the list.  Everyone has ideas, and Elk Konnected in no way had any imput to what ideas were put on the list.  Please remember those were ideas.  The county commisioners will make all the decisions concerning the money.  They may or may not take the ideas into consideration. 

Elk Konnected has done nothing but good in this community.  If you would like to find out a little more about us, come join us for the soccer matches, Pitch, Hit, and Run competitions, and volunteer for the Community Service Day at West Elk Schools or Elk Valley schools. ...or join the Wellness Center.

Elk Konnected exists for the good of the citizens.  You can growl and grumble all you want and have any opinion you want, but the truth is that Elk Konnected is a group of concerned citizens with no hidden agenda with again..the purpose of bettering the community of Elk County.  We are not focused on one city.......it is for all the cities in the county. 

Ross

Quote from: mayflower on April 29, 2011, 02:40:19 PM
It was an organized, well run meeting.  I'm sure you do not know for sure how it went because the county sheriff's personnel removed you from the meeting for being disruptive very early on.

The county commisioners will make all the decisions concerning the money.  They may or may not take the ideas into consideration. 

Elk Konnected has done nothing but good in this community.  If you would like to find out a little more about us, come join us for the soccer matches, Pitch, Hit, and Run competitions, and volunteer for the Community Service Day at West Elk Schools or Elk Valley schools. ...or join the Wellness Center.

Elk Konnected exists for the good of the citizens.  You can growl and grumble all you want and have any opinion you want, but the truth is that Elk Konnected is a group of concerned citizens with no hidden agenda with again..the purpose of bettering the community of Elk County.  We are not focused on one city.......it is for all the cities in the county. 

So you are Elk Konnected that is good to know.

Let's get Elk Konnected striaght on my leaving the meeting and why shall we. I asked the gentleman from Leota, Ks. who was running the meeting as you call it to speak with him. He is from western Kansas not of Elk County. The thing was billed as a community conversation not as a thring ring circus with 25 rings. He siad he would talk with me outside and I said I would prefer to talk in front of the community after all it was billed in the newspaper as a community conversation. I was very polite and so was he. He politely put the microphone to his mouth and said where is the sheriff. At that point seeing that he was afriad to have a conversation I decided to excuse myself and started walking to the door. I did meet the deputies as I walked and they followed me out. The county sheriff's did not, I repeat they did not remove me. I did commend them on their behavior during the incident and I told their boss the Sheriff what excellent officers he had working for him. Now that's the truth. There was sonmeone else that I understand followed me out and was terribly upset with the man from Wichita county try to force him to join the circus of circle of chairs. And I saw the man try to coerce others to do the same thing. That not a conversation. 

Now that we know you are Elk Konnected perhaps you can tell us who else is a registered member of Elk konnected, please? Who is their President, Chairperson, secretary, treasurer and their board of directors, please? I have people asking me and I don't have the answers. So please do tell us.

I was at the County Commisiioners meeting Monday ad spoke with them about Elk Konnected. I read the first few lines of one of their web pages. It said something to the effect that they wanted to pull all the communities together and try to get them to work together. Then I read a line from the most recent wbe page and  it says , In early 2007, Elk County was experiencing some events that made a resident wonder "What is the future of Elk County"? With a county population of only 3000, one tiny town spends time and energy wanting to pull out of the county wide trash service.. Now this is where things  blurr between our elected officials. Lis Hendricks said that they didn't mean to bash Elk Falls. To defend Elk Konnected. I simply said you did anyway. It is still up there I just copied and pasted the remark for this web page. http://www.publicsquarecommunities.com/community/elk/aboutus.php .  If she didn't mean to bash them then why doesn't she remove the remark. But here I am addressing Elk Konnected instead of the County commissioners.

I went on to say that Public Squares Community is located in Leota, Kansas and that I called the city offices to inquire about  PSC and they had no idea who that was. I told the lady they are a busniess in that community. She again said she never heard of them. I then informed the council that Liz use to live in Leoti and that she is a staff member of PSC. I don't suppose you can see any conflicts of interest in any of this. I'm asking you why wouldn't she provide this information publicly?

I then said that Elk Konnected said they don't use taxpayers money and stated that they had recieved a school grant from the Kansas Department of Commerce for $3000.00. Again Liz jumped to the defense of Elk Konnected as their spokesperson and said that Elk Konnected never saw that money and that it went directly to PSC. I told her that it didn't matter how she twisted it, it was sitll tax dollars for Elk Konnected to pay for PSC's services. She once again siad we don't use taxpayers money. I said wait a minute, Elk Konnected Youth services was just up here before me and asked for money. I asked her isn't that taxpayers money, she had no response. Why all the deception, where is the transparency? What are they trying to hide?

Pcs has recieved nearly $60,000 in payments from at least his 15 customers. Do you think it's right to take student grants from kids in college who need it to pay tuitions? Oh Elk Konnected claims to have recieved $3000.00 at $50 a piece from 60 people and business. Who were all these donors. It's just not human nature for that many people to donate and not get credit/ recognition. I find it strange that it is the same amount as the school fund.

If we had a good investigative reporter on our newspaper they would disclose this information. But the editor informed me that he is affiliated with Elk Konnected. So there you go, it would never happen.

We have elected officials that can speak with the public if they were to step up to their leadership rolls and take the responsible of doing their own research and ask the people to talk to them. Elk Konnected has represented perhaps 5 or 6 percent of the community.
I have nothing against Elk Konnected untill they start trying to control the government.

Here is your chance to clear up some questions??????

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk