Windfarm funfacts... a little more sunshine

Started by Patriot, April 22, 2011, 08:48:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee Gee

Makes more sense than most of the posts on this board, Thanks, Warph.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Diane Amberg

WOW. How funny is that; real honest satire!

jarhead

No Diane, that is not honest. Ol WARPH should know Marines didn't ride Huey's out to the bush. Army rode in Huey's. Marines hitched a ride in junk ass CH-46's. The only time Marines got a ride in a Huey was a Dust -Off, med-evac chopper. WARPH's brother will probably put an ass whup'n on him for that mistake. ;D
Good satire though WARPH

Wilma

Warph, best story I have read today.  Should grab an award of some kind.

Warph

Quote from: jarhead on July 18, 2011, 10:22:59 AM
No Diane, that is not honest. Ol WARPH should know Marines didn't ride Huey's out to the bush. Army rode in Huey's. Marines hitched a ride in junk ass CH-46's. The only time Marines got a ride in a Huey was a Dust -Off, med-evac chopper. WARPH's brother will probably put an ass whup'n on him for that mistake. ;D
Good satire though WARPH

Wha.... I thought you were in the Army.  LOL... just kidding.  The Marines were lucky to get someting to fly.... there was a time or two we Air Force REMF's had to pick up a grunt in a HH43-B because they stepped in too much shit and needed a ride out.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

jarhead

Thought I was in the Army ? You just bought yourself two cans of whup ass , my friend. One from Larry for thinking I would be allowed in his Army and one from Chesty Puller Jr. here.
HH43-B ? Holy shit WARPH---just how old are you ? I think them old birds were in moth balls by the time I got to Nam. You must have been there in the early days and I highly suspect it was you that had them lads riled up by the time I got there. Thanks !!
I did see a few of them old 34's still flying around but never had the pleasure of riding in one of them old junkers.
We were flying out to the bush in a CH-46 once and my  beloved platoon commander hollered at the peon sitting next to him and said "watch this" .Scar made his way to the front of the bird ,between the pilot & co-pilot and whacked one upside his flight helmet with his .45 and hollered to him," this is a hijacking---take us to Cuba" I would still be in Leavenworth if I had pulled a stunt like that. Guess ol Scar figured the worst they could do was shave his head and send him to Nam.
:)

larryJ

LOL------------I always thought when Warph was in, they didn't use or even have eggbeaters then.  They didn't use them until Korea, right? 

I always got to ride in the Medevac Huey's when I was needed somewhere in a hurry, but stayed on the ground in a 3/4 ton vehicle with a big, I mean huge, RED CROSS emblem on the side.  That gave them an easier target to shoot at. 

And, not to belittle my Air Force brethren, but when I got introduced at the initiation to the American Legion the other day, the commander announced my name and that I was in the Air Force.  I had to raise my hand and immediately correct, or should I say, mention that I was in the Army.  No slight intended for the blue suits.  We did have a small Air Force detachment that had a trailer on site.  They were top secret at the time and didn't want to mix in with us ground pounders.  As one of my cousins did serve in the Air Force, I have nothing but the greatest admiration for them.  Did I clear that up?

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

PrehistoricRez

The "in lieu of taxes" thing doesnt make sense to me.  Can someone please explain it?  Im not sure how much taxes are, but why would a company pay say $1,000,000 in lieu of a $500,000 tax break?  What if they dont pay 3-4-5 years down the road, because they might not be making as much money as they want, what can be done? anything? 

Like granddaddy always said " if its too good to be true, then they lying to you"

PrehistoricRez

Just another little thing i found, good thing we are "buying american" This is why green is the new red.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enel

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk