Observations

Started by larryJ, March 10, 2011, 05:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Quote from: larryJ on January 08, 2012, 11:14:12 AM
BUT THE ONE THING THAT REALLY STANDS OUT.................
KANSAS MUST HAVE FROZEN OVER AND DISAPPEARED. ::)
That's the only reason I can think of that makes sense to me because there seems to be a huge lack of postings on this Forum! :'(
Larryj ;D

Yep.. I agree, Larry.  Its like everyones computers went kapooey at the same time!

Quote from: sixdogsmom on January 08, 2012, 12:54:42 PM
Sorry Wilma, you are out of luck if you expect for me to entertain you. I am barely able to crawl to my computer a couple of times a day to see what is going on in the world. I picked up a terrible cold from the little kids down in Oklahoma last week. This is the first I have been sick in a year or more, but it is making up for lost time. I have just now finished eating and will be crawling back in bed for the afternoon before long. It is about time for another dose of cough syrup plus antihistamines, makes you all drowzy andddd----zzzzzzzzzzz.  :P :P  :laugh:

Sorry to hear that, Six...

Have you tried Green Bean Chatreuse, made from herbs & GB by monks on the Island of Wzchievic, in the Baltic.  Great stuff for a cold.  Put a three finger measure in a tall glass .. set fire .. blow out.. drink down in one gulp... (go cough and ooooerrrr.... say, "it tastes like medicine").. take a deep breath and... cold gone!...(well it feels like it has temporarily!)  Repeat three more times.  Do not drive when eating white beans and tahini sauce... explosive combination.  Hope this helps.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

larryJ

Six, sorry you are feeling poorly.  I am always afraid of being around the little ones when they are sick.  With my lungs in the shape they are, I would probably wind up in the hospital with pneumonia.  When they get sick, I have to stay far away. 

At least my observation has done the job, stirred up some posts. 

I am so good! 8)

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

larryJ

Speaking of being sick.............l Look below....what a coinkydink.

\/
                                                   \/
                                                   \/

Larryj

Warph

Quote from: larryJ on January 08, 2012, 04:07:45 PM
Speaking of being sick.............l Look below....what a coinkydink.

\/
                                                   \/
                                                   \/

Larryj

Coinkydink  ??? ...good Lord, Larry... I haven't heard that word in say, 65 years.  My grandmother used it all the time.

Okay... I'm looking below and guess what... don't see anything  ;D
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

larryJ

Ah, Warph, ole pal, you weren't fast enough.  The ad was for Tamiflu cold medicine.  Maybe if you wait long enough, it will come around again.

Larryj

larryJ

My, how time flies!  I haven't entered any observations in a month.  Pretty boring life around here.

However, where I live we are in a tract area with only one way in and out.  I probably have mentioned this before.  Because it is a tract area, the houses are all pretty much the same with the exception of a few such as mine.  The original owners added a family room/den on the back of the house.  

In Los Angeles, people are not considered rude or cold, but neighbors can pick and choose who they wish to be friendly with.  Such is the case with my next door neighbor to the west.  Many years ago, four of the families in the neighborhood would get together for a night of fun and play cards.  The location changed each week.  This neighbor was a part of the group.  Then one family moved to the desert and then another moved to another city about ten miles away.  This left my neighbor next door and us.  My wife had purchased some very expensive roses, including a beautiful Mr. Lincoln and planted them in a planter that separates our properties.  I took many pictures of the roses and even submitted some for a photography contest.  One morning, I was looking out the window and saw my neighbor's wife and their grown daughter cheerfully snipping away at the roses.  I ran out and questioned what the heck they were doing.  The response:  "She wants to take her boss some flowers!"

That said............there are no longer roses in that planter, but a huge hedge, spite hedge, almost seven feet tall so I don't have to see their house.  There is another planter behind the hedge going to the fence that separates the properties and they planted their own "spite hedge" totally isolating the view of each others house.  I should mention the distance between the houses here is about 15 feet.  

We went into a "don't speak to me unless there is some kind of emergency or danger to one another's house."  There has been limited contact between us and only when necessary.  Example:  I was coming home one day and saw a dog killing their cat.  I did go to their door and let them know and also which direction the dog went.  

This arrangement has worked well.  We are good friends with the neighbors next door to the east.

Observation:  He has a hobby of woodworking and is in the garage every day.  Our garages are on the front of the house and face each other.  I know who comes to visit them, not that I care, just that I know.  Then about two weeks ago, he stopped working in his garage.  I thought (and mentioned to my wife) that he might be sick as he is always outside and I hadn't seen him.  Last week, that same daughter who has moved back in with them, came home with a bent fender and he came out and hacksawed the bad part off.  Then I didn't see him or his wife again.  The last few days there have been a number of cars over causing me to believe someone was really sick.  

Today, I looked out the front window and saw a firetruck, paramedics and an ambulance blocking our driveways.  Nosy me went outside and watched the scene take place.  Then two local policemen showed up, but didn't seem overly anxious about anything.  It is unusual for policemen to come with the firemen and paramedics.  Then they wheeled someone out, but it wasn't the man and the daughter wasn't home.  So it must have been her.  I could tell they were performing CPR on her as they took her to the ambulance.  Normally, once the person is in the ambulance, they leave pretty quick for the hospital.  Today, they stayed out front for a long time.  When they did leave, it was lights and siren time.  

So I don't know............CPR indicates a serious problem, oldest daughter is in town from Northern California, several other relatives around, but I can't understand the police being here.  There has never been a problem of them fighting or violence.  

I have a feeling she has passed away and I am somewhat sad about it, even though we don't speak.  I remember the good times when we all partied together.  Her husband looked terrible when he was getting into the car to go to the hospital.

Observation.........................................Bible says we should love our neighbors.........and I hope I am forgiven for not doing that.

Larryj :'(

larryJ

My wife's cousin was outside a few minutes ago and there were some people out at the end of the driveway.  So she asked.

We had known, again through the cousin being nosy, that the neighbor's wife had a pacemaker put in some time back.  Tonight the guys told her that she, indeed, has passed away.  Before we heard that, all the people who had left with the ambulance came back within two hours, so we kinda knew. 

Larryj :(

Diane Amberg

Larry, the reason the ambulance didn't leave right away when they had your neighbor loaded, they would have been using the defibrillator, which can't be used in a moving vehicle. Sorry to hear she didn't make it.

larryJ

Thanks, Diane, I didn't know that.  Yesterday, many friends and family were there and the booze flowed freely.  I kept hearing bags of bottles being thrown in the trash can.  Big celebration going on.  She wasn't a nasty person so it couldn't be that they were happy about her passing.  More like an Irish wake.  That's what I want when I go.  I want everyone to get together and have a big party and remember the good times.  I hate sadness and I hate having to grieve for someone.  I figure I lived my life and for better or worse, that life is over.  So have a party and get on with your lives.  That's how it should be.

Larryj

larryJ

Today was a kinda of a sad day.  My wife's cousin, who has been living here for 10 months, got a phone call from a friend of hers in Chicago.  This friend is elderly and had fallen and broken her arm.  She was in the hospital and the doctors didn't want to release her until someone could be at home with her.  So she called my wife's cousin.  This angelic woman, age 65, immediately made a reservation for a flight to Chicago to help her friend..............in the dead of winter..............from sunny SoCal.............and took her cat on the plane with her.  We offered to look after the cat, but she refused.  We took her to the airport this morning and helped with her baggage and her cat.  She called a little while ago to tell us she had arrived safely and the woman she is going to be taking care of would be released tomorrow now that she is there. 

When she moved in with us last April, she began to do some household chores although she wasn't asked.  When we heard she was going to Chicago, we had two thoughts.............what a wonderful person she is to go all that way to care for a friend............. and who is going to do the dishes, take out the trash, etc.   ::)

Larryj

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk