FORSBERG, Gertrude E. (Miller) - b. March 17, 1921 - d. December 11, 2010

Started by flo, December 12, 2010, 06:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

I have just received word that Gertrude Forsberg, formerly of Severy and co-owner of Forsberg Funeral Home, has passed away.  That is all the information I have as of tonite.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Wilma

The Wichita paper had her listed today or yesterday and it seems to me that it was Lenexa.  I will see what I can find and come back.

I'm back.  Porter Funeral Home, Kansas City, KS is handling the services.  That is all that the Wichita paper has.  Hope it helps.  Services 11 am but doesn't say what day.

patyrn

Gertrude E. Forsberg was born March 17, 1921 to Frank and Amelia (Hurrelbrink) Miller.  She passed away December 11, 2010 at Lakeview Village in Lenexa, Kansas.

Gertrude was the second of six children and lived most of her life in the Kansas City, Kansas area.  On November 14, 1942, she was united in marriage to Robert O. Forsberg.  To this union were born three daughters, Barbara (Ted) Coble, Dianne (Gil) Stewart, and Roberta (Steve) Pierce.  In 1958, they moved to Severy, Kansas where they owned and operated Forsberg Funeral Home until Robert's death in 1990.  In 1997 she moved back to Kansas City to be near her daughters.  The Forsbergs also chartered the Severy Baptist Church, which began in their home.

Surviving are her daughters, 8 grandchildren, 23 great-grandchildren, and 3 great-great-grandchildren; two sisters Julia Barnes and Mary Jane Gibson; and many other relatives and friends.  She was predeceasd by her parents; her husband, Robert; and three brothers, John, Gearl, and Donald.

Visitation will be from 10:00 to 11:00 a.m. on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 followed by the service at 11:00 a.m. at the Porter Funeral Home, 1835 Minnesota Avenue, Kansas City, Kansas.  Burial will be at Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens.  In lieu of flowers, the family suggests memorial contributions to The Ronald McDonald House, 1110 N. Emporia, Wichita, Kansas 67214.

(taken from the Porter Funeral Home website)

Janet Harrington

Roberta was in school one year ahead of me graduating from North Elk High School in 1971.  I didn't know that Mary Jane Gibson was her sister and I didn't know that Mary Jane was still alive. Of course, this might not be the same Mary Jane that I know. The things a person learns on this forum.

flo

Janet, this is not the Mary Jane Gibson we all know.  She was the mother of Janice Bills and Joyce Hunter.  She passed away several years ago.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

frawin

Janet, the Mary Jane Gibson you were thinking of, was a Coble.
Frank

Janet Harrington

I thought Joyce's mother had passed, but when I saw that name, I thought I was wrong. Since I'm not in town all the time, I lose track of who is doing what, etc. Thanks for making me understand all of that.

frawin

Quote from: frawin on December 13, 2010, 06:15:52 PM
Janet, the Mary Jane Gibson you were thinking of, was a Coble.
Frank
Mary Jane's Grandson, Mark stopped by and spent the afternoon visiting a few weeks ago, that where I learned that Mary Jane was a Coble. What a super nice young man Mark is, he reminded me a lot of his Grandmother Marian, he is  very much a Christian and  very personable. I look forward to visiting with him again.

Janet Harrington

Mark would be the son of Alan and Joyce Hunter. Would that be right?

frawin

Janet, that is correct and he is sure a fine young man. He works in the ConocoPhillips office in Midland, in fact it was my old office. I look forward to visiting with Mark again. I still do quite a lot of business with that office in Midland, and it is a great group of young people.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk