And the Plural Is----------?

Started by Wilma, November 11, 2010, 01:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

The plural of mouse is mice.
The plural of house is houses.
So, would the plural of titmouse be titmice?
Or do you think it should be titmouses?

I have been watching about half a dozen of the above mentioned at my bird feeder and I don't know what to call them.  I know what to call it, but not them.

W. Gray

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

mtcookson

Plural of goose is geese but the plural of moose is... moose. ???

That one always bothers me. :D

W. Gray

Would one suppose that the plural of caboose is cabeese?
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Diane Amberg

Well then, if the plural of foot is feet, then the plural of boot must be_______and if the plural of mouse is mice, then the plural of house must be________ And if the plural of tooth is teeth, then the plural of booth must be______ ;D

Rudy Taylor

If you follow the rule of attorneys general, then it would be titties-mice.
But then hard breathing would ensue and this forum already has enough of that. LOL
It truly is "a wonderful life."

srkruzich

Plural of viri = ______  and plural of datum = ________
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk