Seeking photos of Edith Stephens & Frank Zeleny

Started by missourigal, June 22, 2010, 05:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

missourigal

Hello all

I am a daughter-in-law of Edith Stephens & Frank Zeleny who used to live in Howard Kansas.  As many of you are aware my dear mother-in-law Edith (Stephens) Zeleny passed away this year on Jan 1, 2010 at her home in Annapolis, Missouri.  I am seeking old photos that some of the forum members might have of Edith and/or Franklin Zeleny, and the old Minneapolis-Moline Implement Store where Frank and his brother Antoine had a business.  I enjoyed reading the fine posts that some of you left in response to Edith's obituary.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Missourigal :)

frawin

I have a picture of your Mother and the Rebekah group she was in. It was taken in the late 1940s to early 50s, my sister-in-law was in the Rebekahs and I had the group picture in that family photo book. I would be most happy to e-mail it to you. I grew up across the street from your Mother and her family  and your Father and your Uncle Gene were my Boy Scout leaders, both were really great . When your Dad moved a house in next to your Grandparents I used to go over talk to him while he was working on it, I thought I was helping but I was no doubt just in the way. You came from some really good people on both sides and you can really be proud of your family heritage. I spent a lot of time with your ucle Gene and your Grandfather Herschel, they let me ride in their bulk delivery trucks.
I will PM you my e-mail and if you send me yours I will e-mail the picture to you. I will look and see what others I might have.
Frank Winn

missourigal

Greetings Frank,

I have sent you a private email.
I knew Edith's father Hershel Stephens, Edith's mother Leona had died some years prior to my marriage to Stephen Zeleny.  Edith is dearly missed, that is why I would love to have any copies of old photos of Edith Stephens Zeleny and/or Frank Zeleny.  Gene & Menzenita were my husbands Uncle and Aunt, as well as Bob and Betty Stephens. 
I would also like to have a photo of the old Minneapolis-Moline Implement Store on Wabash where Frank used to co-own a business with his brother Tony Zeleny.  I understand the building still stands, is that correct?
Thank you, Phyllis :)

frawin

Yes Phyllis the building is still there and appears to be  pretty solid yet. I attended the Funeral of one of Edith's Classmates just last week, Treva Cummins Beaty. Edith graduated in the Class of 1943, there was one of her classmates at the Annual Alumni Banquet this year, Dick Criger. Hope you goit the picture I sent OK, if not let me know. That was a group of pretty ladies.
Frank Winn

missourigal

I sure would love to have a photo of the old building as it was years ago as the M-M Implement Co, would anyone possibly have a photo of that?  It would make a great surprise present for Frank.  Any photos are greatly appreciated.
Phyllis

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk