Halloween

Started by farmgal67357, October 07, 2011, 02:14:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmgal67357

We had kids riding on flatbed trailers with hay bales for seats trick or treating! They had adults watching them and were very polite. I think there were 3 different trailers. What a cool idea! A hay rack ride and trick or treating rolled into one!
Lisa
Lisa

Wilma

It was a perfect evening for trick or treating.  All my treatees were accompanied by adults who stayed in the background.  I especially liked the trailer that was pulled by a 4-wheeler.  As I watched the goblins loading back up, I noticed that the driver was watching very closely to see that the last one was on board before he started up.  It struck me that this might be the safest way.  The driver could hear and see what was going on with the children. 

For the most part, the children would take only one treat.  I had Tootsie Roll treats and in the past the lollipops had been a problem mixed in with the rest of the candy.  So this year I stuck them, stick down, around the top of the bowl.  They went fast.  I thought I might have to put a few back because I have a great grandson that likes them and know where I keep them.

farmgal67357

We only had one little boy who DOVE into the candy, but it was only because he was so dang excited! His mother was SO embarrassed! We just laughed, he was a cute little fart... ;D
Lisa
Lisa

Diane Amberg

It was perfect weather. Cool, with clouds scudding across the moon sliver.
We had @26 or so, all good kids with great costumes.The little ones had an adult in tow who waited at the foot of the driveway.  The three groups of older ones didn't The one older boy had a really ugly clown mask and I said....EEEK! Killer Clowns from Outer Space! He stopped and looked at me and yelled.."You Got It ,You Got It!" and was very pleased with himself. Really funny. As always the Halloween pencils were as popular as the candy.

farmgal67357

Halloween pencils.....great idea! ;D
Lisa
Lisa

Diane Amberg

I've done pencils as well as candy for more than 40 years. Gotta have something redeeming as well as rot their teeth! ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk