WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THE FORUM??????

Started by Ding-Dong, September 03, 2008, 05:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roma Jean Turner

Whatever set off this little flurry, I'll just say what my late mother would have said, "Lets all come back and sit down at the table and finish dinner.  We'll all feel better later."

DanCookson

Quote from: Ding-Dong on September 03, 2008, 05:00:27 PM
When I became a member the first time, I thought the forum had a lot going for it and it was a great place to read and post. But as the old saying goes "All good things must come to an end." And in my opinion, the forum has been rapidly disintegrating!!! In the past couple of years, smut and trashy language seems to have infiltrated the posts, along with slamming, insults, disrespectful of others, etc.

Although the forum  still does perform a public service in letting people know what is happening in the area, that's about the only thing positive I can think of to say at the moment, because I am too disgusted with the negative things that are happening on here.  It's time for some folks to "clean up their act!!!" Let's try and make this site a positive and "clean" place to visit, or more folks will be quitting. (And you wonder why)

Since you have only been a member for about a month, please give the forum a little more time and keep an open mind.  I don't see the trash talk or for that matter any bad language.  I do see people kid around with each other because they are or have been close friends in the past.  Take PEP and Flint.  Known each other since they were kids and love barbing each other.  Many are like that.

The politics thread should only be entered with the thickest of skin!!!

Hang with us a while and get the feel for it and I think you will find it an excellent place to get information, help, or just to exchange ideas.

Dan

pam

Oh hell. I got mad yesterday, few people got under my skin, figured I better get out of dodge or I was gonna tell somebody what I thought for real lol. Ma and dad taught me to be polite even when I'd just as soon tell somebody exactly what I think, I'm a straight out person if I have a problem with ya I'll either avoid you or tell you. My posts are basically me thinkin out loud. I don't sweat grammar,spelling or slightly off color. Personally I don't sweat outright cussin, bluer the better, best stress relief they ever invented in my opinion. I'm not worried about what my manner of speech does to anybodies opinion of me, either you like me or you don't. Still gonna take a vacation, got about ten thousand projects needin my attention, I was truly shocked by the response to this, I truly appreciate everybodies thoughts. Peace, Pam
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk