Myrna's Garden

Started by frawin, October 04, 2011, 12:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

Myrna has worked so hard all summer to keep her flowers going, she didn't get much help from me as I had 2 Surgeries and couldn't do much of anything for almost 2 months. During the really hot weather I was in the Hospital in Tulsa and Myrna drove back to Bartlesville to water everything. The friend that helped me build the 2 Pergalos has since passed away. It won't be long until a big frost gets many of her Flowers. If it looks like I am bragging on her, it is because I am.

Mom70x7

How beautiful! It isn't bragging when it's the truth - lovely work.

The planning must have been fun, because the results are gorgeous.

Judy Harder

I am green with envy. And thank you for the walk through the garden.
I love flowers/foliage and everything that goes with them.......spent most of the
summer sweltering with the rest of you and my little apartment faces north so the
flower bed, just didn't get sunlight enough to dry it out from the late winter, then the sun
heat did a number on the rest.
I guess, this was a summer I needed to take off, God's choice; I did get a good stand of cukes, but had
to plant them on the ground of another tenant who isn't a planter and they got some shade from the south. It was only the middle of September that it give up the ghost. I love cukes like some people love apples, etc
and will eat them anyway I can get them. Found out they saute' just fine like  summer squash and made a nice side
dish for anything, even put cheese on it. Good eating.
Thank you again for showing off your yard and all of Myrna's work, and you did a good job of backing her up. Bragging is a must as
long as you have been married. God bless
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Roma Jean Turner

Absolutely beautiful.  Still hope to get down there one of these days and see it in person.

flo

Myrna, your flower garden is beautiful. 
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Ms Bear

Very beautiful yard, know how much work it takes to make it look like that.  Hope you both get to enjoy it for a long time and thankyou for sharing it with us.

Janet Harrington

Very, very beautiful. I always admire people that have green thumbs.

Wilma

Love it.  Wish I had a patio so I could have big pots.  There is a treat a block south of me.  Too far to really see it, but my neighblor, Mary, has some red geraniums in full bloom on the north side of the house.  She keeps a tidy yard, too.  Must run in the family.

frawin

Yes, she does have some pretty flowers.  You know it just might run in the family!!!  Thanks for all your comments, I really do enjoy the yard and flowers.

Myrna

frawin

The Pictures of some of the flowers in the Front were taken during the time when the temperature here was running 110 to 115. Myrna watered everyday and some times twice a day but they still show some heat damage. They look better now since the weather has been cooler, I just don't have current pics of them. I maybe over doing my bragging on Myrna but I have watched her work so hard this summer to keep everything alive.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk