Your favorite meal...

Started by Catwoman, November 18, 2008, 08:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catwoman

Since we're getting close to Thanksgiving, I thought it might be interesting to see what everyone's favorite meal is...You don't have to list the Thanksgiving feast as your favorite meal...be creative...

My favorite meal is a thick, hearty ribeye steak cooked to an almost medium level, lightly marbled, with a salad or steamed, buttered veggies, a baked potato with all of the great timeless toppings (sour cream, chives, bacon, a little cheese, and a smattering of butter), a bit of cornbread with honey and butter on it, and maybe a rich slice of pie, cake, or a bowl of ice cream with a rich topping for dessert and a glass of wine or iced tea to enjoy while consuming all of the previous.  Now, the reality?...Burger King...McDonald's...Arby's....school lunches...lunches packed from home...left-overs...ad naseum...while entertaining dreams of the previous...

Bonnie M.

Your favorite meal sounds great, and I would enjoy all of that, too.  However, I do believe I would have to say that my very favorite food is homemade vegetable soup with cornbread!  (The old Kansas way!)
Bonnie

srkruzich

Fried chicken, mashed taters n chicken gravy, biscuits, green beans with fatback in them, fried okra/tomato/onions.
sweet tea and a slice of pecan pie for dessert
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

greatguns

The one on the table when it's time to eat. ;) ;)

DanCookson

Have to go back to my childhood, as I really don't have a standout favorite now.  I have had the opportunity to travel to many places and eat at some very fine dining restaurants and have eat some awesome foods. 

That said, my favorite meal was quail or rabbit, cooked like my mom could only cook them, in a bed of rice, mashed potatoes with gravy made from browning the game, and southern baked cheese grits.  Fresh strawberry shortcake for desert.   

srkruzich

Quote from: DanCookson on November 19, 2008, 08:08:14 AM
Have to go back to my childhood, as I really don't have a standout favorite now.  I have had the opportunity to travel to many places and eat at some very fine dining restaurants and have eat some awesome foods. 

That said, my favorite meal was quail or rabbit, cooked like my mom could only cook them, in a bed of rice, mashed potatoes with gravy made from browning the game, and southern baked cheese grits.  Fresh strawberry shortcake for desert.   

Ohh i love cheese grits. Haven't found grits anywhere around here. :(
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

frawin

Steve, which place do you live on, who used to live there, let me know and I will know where it is and the next time I come that way I will try to remember to bring you some Grits. Sage Sausage, Grits and Eggs and Homemade biscuits, what a great breakfast.
Frank

DanCookson

Steve, My mom makes them and they are too die for!!!  I swear, I have ate half a 9x13 pan of them for dinner before!!!!

S-S

When Billy and I first got together he made me the best meal I'd ever eaten in my life. I thought he was crazy when he said we were going to have steak & eggs. So....my favorite meal is a nice juicy "home-grown" KC Strip steak, cooked medium rare. Seasoned with garlic pepper. I like my eggs scrambled and placed right next to my steak so they soak up the juices. A fresh salad with tomatoes right out of the garden.  :)

pam

I'm a steak eater too lol...London Broil medium well cooked with onions and green peppers,little worstershire, cajun spice and black pepper cook it with a lid on the skillet till it's about done then let the juices cook down to caramelize the onions and spoon em on top, don't need anything else but salad with that!
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk