Cap and trade...........................

Started by pam, March 03, 2009, 10:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pam

They figure they can force people to change their energy usage by force I reckon. Anybody who actually knows me knows I'm all for alternative energy and anything I can do to make the Earth last longer and be better for my decendants but these strong arm tactics are gonna do nothin but put hardship on the people who already have a hell of a time keepin warm in the winter and payin utilities......most of them people who probly VOTED for Obama thinkin they really WERE gonna get a break........they are gonna go for the ol ends justify the means strategy and it's bullshit pardon my french. This will hurt a LOT of people I care about........

This is from an article on the Associated Press........
Obama wants to reduce the emissions blamed for global warming by auctioning off carbon pollution permits. The proposal, known as cap and trade, is projected to raise $646 billion over 10 years.

Most of the money would be used to pay for Obama's "Making Work Pay" tax credit, which provides up to $400 a year to individuals and $800 a year to couples. The plan also would raise money for clean-fuel technologies, such as solar and wind power.

"This massive hidden energy tax is going to work its way through every aspect of American life," Rep. Dave Camp of Michigan, the top Republican on the Ways and Means Committee, told Orszag. "How we light our homes, heat our homes and pay for the gas in our cars, in every phase of our daily lives, we will be paying higher costs."

Orszag acknowledged that the energy proposal would increase costs for consumers, but argued that the vast majority of consumers will get tax breaks elsewhere in Obama's budget package.

Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

redcliffsw

Good one Pam.

Most people like to conserve energy.  Besides it's expensive.

Its the gov't people like Obama and Gore who do not conserve and they have others
to pay for their wastefulness.  They're blaming others for using too much and
they'll be insisting on more Federal control of energy use.

There's much oil and gas in this world and plenty for us and future generations.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk