Sugar-Free Strawberry Jam

Started by frawin, April 29, 2008, 05:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

I found this online from Taste of Home Magazine.  I haven't made it, but hope to when I can find the time to do so.  Most everything I've made that has come from Taste of Home recipes has been quite good.  Anyway, thought it might be helpful to those who are watching their sugar.  Since strawberries are arriving now, it might be fun to try it.
Prep time:  10 min + chilling

3/4 cup diet lemon-lime soda
1 pkg. (.3 oz) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
1 cup mashed fresh or frozen unsweetened strawberries
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice

In a saucepan, bring soda to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved.  Stir in strawberries and lemon juice.
Pour into jars or plastic containers; cover and refrigerate up to 3 weeks.  DO NOT freeze.  Yield 28 servings

Nutrition Facts:
One serving: (1 Tbsp)
Calories:  4
Fat: 0.g
Saturated Fat: 0.g
Cholesterol:  0.mg
Sodium:  9 mg
Carbohydate: 1 g
Fiber: 0.g
Protein 0.g
Diabetic Exchange: 1 Free Food

Bonnie M.

Sounds good, I'll probably give it a try.
Bonnie

Diane Amberg

JaneJLocane

JeffThorsen777

Thank you for the useful recipe. I love jam and will definitely ask my wife to cook the same. I used to eat a lot of sweets and gained weight quickly. That's why I started watching my diet. I went by the link and installed the cbt psychology app. Thanks to this program, it was easier for me to go through the diet and control myself in food. Now I allow myself a little sweet.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk