Good Night All

Started by flo, April 01, 2008, 11:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ms Bear

Thursday was very warm here and yesterday it cooled off and we had a lot of rain and cold wind.  Today was dry but very cold and wind, so glad I didn't have to stay out in it.

I worked today so someone else with family could stay home, sure glad I don't have to work tomorrow.  At least today the store was closed and we were just picking up and trying to get some the stuff that will be clearanced tomorrow all together.

As I drove through the town just south of me I noticed that the Jack in Box and Sonic were both open and very busy.  I guess the ones here in the town I live in were open also.  I don't think they shoud be open on Christmas.

Diane, I am glad you enjoyed your Christmas.  Be safe for the New Year.

Mom70x7

As we drove to and from Wichita, we noticed quite a few places were closed. The Sonic must be a regional thing, because the ones we saw were closed. As were the McDonalds and the Taco places. Burger King was open. Dillons and WalMart were both closed. iHop was open, as was Golden Corral. Most of the convenience stores were open. I know P&J's was for awhile - and that's very much appreciated!

Wilma

Diane, why do I care what you do and how things are on the East coast?  I really don't know unless it is because that is where you are.  I enjoy hearing about the weather where I am not.  I find what other people are doing interesting because there is so little that I can get out and do.  All right, so I am just nosy.  It is one of the things that I do best.  So if you don't do it for anyone else, continue to post your weather and activities just for me.  Who knows, there might be someone else that has to stay close to home and looks forward to your posts as a way to get away.

And on that note,  "Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night."

Diane Amberg

I am very interested in all of you too. You just made my day. Thank you so much. Merry Christmas to you all! Big hugs from both of us.

sixdogsmom

Diane and Al, friends always care about each other no matter what. Forget all the baloney you might see on another thread; it's just that; baloney!!! OP is included in this too! In my heart I know that I could probably tell you that if I need something,  that you probably would try and see that I get it. Not that others around here would not try and help, just that you would be one of the first in line. That is the Christmas spirit, and is what The Christ intended when He commanded us to love one another. I am happy you had a great Christmas with snow and company, we are now looking for a New Year with a storm coming in. Hooray! The fire threat diminishes by the day and that is good news for us. Until we are banned for our politics just keep on postin' gal! Keep on postin'!!!   PS. Merry Christmas to you too Wilma!  :laugh: :laugh:
Edie

Diane Amberg

Actually I would try to help anybody out there if I could and would be useful....especially the ones who dislike me so much, because that is what My God expects of me. When prayers are needed I do send them, I don't check which list they are on first. Thanks Edie, I really appreciate it. 
  Unfortunately, like many, this is also a very sad time of year. I even had a dream about Daddy last night. Not a good one. But, he would have laughed at me for being sad because he is with Mom, where he wanted to be. So onward with another day. It's very overcast here and could snow at any minute, but the big snow isn't due until later this evening ...maybe... the forecasters keep changing the track. 1-3 inches is sure different from 8-12....or more. At least with school off tomorrow the pressure is off somewhat and the kids can really enjoy it.   Is it too soon to predict snow totals for your area yet? Enjoy the holiday week.! :-*

Ms Bear

I always enjoy your posts and opinions but since I don't live there either I guess that doesn't count.

Diane Amberg

You sure count with me. ;) It 's snowing hard here now but it looks like the worst will be east of us right up across New Jersey and New England will get hammered hard.  The ski resorts will love it and after last winter they can keep it!

greatguns

I'm just north of the elk county line and I enjoy your postings of your weather, your food, your part of our great nation.  And I truly don't have a problem with someone sharing their knowledge on any subject with me.  As you well know I love hearing from Texas, Colorado, and California as well.  I find if I was only to visit with those that totally agree with me on everything in the world that keeps my knowledge pretty limited.  Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.  Diane, the next time you are eating some of your wonderful seafood just remember that I am so jealous and would love to be there dining with you.  So all of you ladies take care and have a fabulous New Year!

Diane Amberg

Thank you! I'd love to be able to dump a bunch of blue claw crab on newspapers on the deck picnic table and pick crab all afternoon with all of you. It's a great way to spend a lazy summer afternoon. Have a wonderful Christmas week.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk