NAIS

Started by pam, March 26, 2008, 01:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lookatmeknow!!

Oh, man the thought of that really scares me.  I don't like to have to report all that to the government.  That sucks, before long we will be charged taxes on our cattle!!! :-[ :-[
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

sixdogsmom

I have a question? Exactly what is this NAIS program for and what does it involve other than making some folks foam at the mouth? Is this so mad cow disease can be avoided? Just curious as I don't know anything about the cattle world except steaks on the grill and milk in the jug.  ;D ;D
Edie

pam

Yeah, the protection of "the national herd" is the reason they are usin. Actually the big corporate producers are behind it. It'll make it easier for them to eliminate the competition ie small farmers
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

sixdogsmom

How would that affect the small operator?
Edie

pam

cost and red tape is what I've been told.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Lookatmeknow!!

I don't know for sure but I think to get the tags and equipment that is needed to do this cost $ :'(.  I know from my husband that our small operation barely makes it every year.  Why do we do it then you might ask?  It's in my husbands blood.  With the cost of everything else going up, it hurts everyone.  But I do think that many small operations run a very efficient operations with little funds.  I know that we do.  What little money we do make every year on the cattle are put back into the cattle in some way, feed, vet cost, spraying of weeds in pastures and things like that.  The red tape, I think, is so that the government can have a hold on where everything!! >:( >:(  Am I right??

I know that we need to know where are beef comes from, I understand that.  But a big percentage of the 'Mad Cow' disease comes from the bigger operations, I think.  I am just guessing on this part.  But I have to say, that if small cattle operations don't keep a better eye on their cattle, they won't have any.  If you get any type of disease in your herd, there is always a chance of spreading, and you can't afford to lose a bunch of cattle.  So, if you don't keep a better eye on them, your operation is up in smoke fast!!

Please tell me if I am close!! :D
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Diane Amberg

I just heard that "they" won't have to tell us where contaminated meat went once it is found. Is there anything to that?

sixdogsmom

Mad Cow disease is very disturbing since it jumped species and can affect humans. I think that is the worry and rightly so. Has anyone seen the results of Mad Cow disease on those folks in England? What a horrible way to die, and if red tape will prevent it from coming to fruition in this country, then I am for it.
Edie

Teresa

Okay.. it is almost midnight.. but I have a bit of time before I go to bed so I will bore the hell out of you and give you a ton of information on several areas of this.
And this information is accurate. ( much to the governments dismay)
I may ramble so bear with me. .............. 8)
There is more to our cattle and beef industry and also our overseas meat that is shipped in every single day that we eat and don't know WHERE it comes from that you can imagine.
Not only mad cow.. but hoof and mouth and other horrible stuff is going on that the government wants us NOT to know.. although even knowing..not much we can do about it if Big Brother has their way.
Let me share some information about a lot of stuff I have:
This won't be in my own words, but I am just sharing with you as I got it.
And it IS accurate..even though some might think that "Noooo that can't be.. our government would never do this and put the United States people at risk."
I say "HA... Our government doesn't give a flying fat flip about the people.. Only about power..control..and money ..and more power for the "government".

Now that I've said that ..and you all HAVE opened up this can of worms.. be prepared to have this become a HUGE thread.
Remember.. you ask for it.. LOL  ;D ;D

I will break down in sections ..or try to.. part of the information I have. I won't bore you with all of it,, but I'll share enough to give you that good old sick to your stomach feeling...
And some people want to know WHY the coming days scares me to death..... sighhhhhhhhhhhhh

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Teresa

Remember .. in the food industry.. The United States imports a huge amount of our food surplus..
Our own farmers could easily supply the US.. but they are not allowed to do that. we ship out and then have to import in..
(total insanity)
If you are really interested in what is REALLY going on.. take your time and read all that I am going to post to you. Some of it is detailed, but it is information I wish the whole world would open their eyes and take the time to read and know what is happening. ( some won't believe it, but to each his own)
It will open your eyes and scare you senseless.

I will leave out names if they are personal e-mails to me.:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've just gotten this from the UK. 
Both USA and Canada 2008 Production Figures indicate over-supplies of available market hogs, too many sows being killed, and significantly higher feed costs equating to projected losses of $30.00 or more per head, combined with increased levels of death losses due to circo-viruses in our breeding herds...the situation for UK producers is even worse, but to make matters even more worrying, DEFRA has just recently announced that they will not test their swine herds for MRSA or other Porcine Circovirus-related diseases, which could have possibly originated from imported, infected breeding animals from the UK, which had come from there several years ago!

To top it off, the UK's most recent Foot and Mouth outbreak occurred in August, 2007, with an almost simultaneous outbreak of Bluetongue Serotype 8, which we've never seen in the USA; to date, Bovine TB is rampant all over the UK.

Here we have our own USDA only opening our doors to both meat and live animals,  but backdating its own ban, to boot!

I'd like to know just who these traitors in USDA are that cut this deal?
First, they approved the sale of Swift and Co to the Brazilians, the BSE/Canadian deals, then wanting to allow increased imports of Argentinian beef, shipped chicken to China, re-processing there and sending it back to the USA, without forcing the Chinese to match our Food Security Standards.

The EU has now banned all Brazilian beef, but no, not the USDA!   They want a new cattle port to receive Mexican-raised cattle, too!

As these events unfold, as you well can attest in your efforts to have the Packers and Stockyards Act made functional again,  it seems to me that our own worst enemy is certain USDA officials.   Something is DRASTICALLY WRONG!

Doesn't say much for Biosecurity, but then that keeps the USDA and Homeland Security boys and girls busy, doesn't it?

This has got to be stopped!
Read this!~~~

US lifts ban on UK meat

Published: (01-02-2008)
The US has eased restrictions on the UK pig industry, imposed following the Foot and Mouth Disease outbreak.
A ban placed on the whole of the UK has now been lifted, with the exception of meat from Surrey, following re-evaluation of the situation by the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service.

The news has been welcomed by the UK pig industry as the US has not only lifted the ban, but it has backdated its decision to August last year.
Defra is now working on the relevant export health certificates and the first batch will be available in the next few days, including those for pig meat and breeding stock.

BPEX chief executive Mick Sloyan said: "This is wonderful news and is thanks to the tremendous hard work of Defra, the Foreign Office and the US Department of Agriculture.

"The backdating is also a vote of confidence in the safety and quality of British pigs and pork. I hope other countries will have similar confidence as negotiations take place to open or re-open markets in the coming months.
"That work is continuing and is being supported by a major BPEX/Defra programme in place to re-establish markets we lost because of the disease outbreak."
The news is particularly welcome for a pig industry which is facing increasing hardship. MTJ is now campaigning to Save The British Pig Industry and is calling on the UK retail sector to raise the prices paid to British pig farmers.

Regards
Pat Gardiner

(article to back it up)
http://www.meatinfo.co.uk/articles/56527/US-lifts-ban-on-UK-meat.aspx
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk