National Griper's Day

Started by Wilma, April 15, 2008, 09:36:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

If letting your kids run around without shoes is child abuse, then I would have been in trouble during all of my child rearing days.  My kids didn't wear shoes unless they wanted to, winter or summer, inside or outside, unless we were going some place.  One of the benefits was that they didn't have the colds, etc. that their cousins had.  And my kids grew up in Severy.

frawin

I remember the legendary Loyd "Barefoot" Osborne, he didn't wear shoes winter or summer and could walk through sand burrs and never flinch. I don't think his kids  wore shoes either in the summertime. In fact when I was growing up lots of kids didn't wear shoes in the summer.
I find it difficult to accept that if your kids elect not to wear shoes in the summertime that is child abuse.
Frank

Lookatmeknow!!

Ok, so if letting your kids run around barefoot is child abuse I am in trouble, too.  I even have kids at the daycare that run around barefooted inside and out.  Jeff just hates that I let them run around in the winter barefooted.  If he comes in he makes them put on their socks.  I don't always let them, if it is a very cold winter day I do make them keep there socks on.  But I have parents who tell me that as soon as they get home they take off there socks.  So, I don't feel bad for letting them feel at home at the daycare, by letting them take off their socks.  At least they keep on there clothes :laugh:.  Well, I am sure that some of you have seen my own kids outside without their pants on, but we are working on that one.  I don't know why, but my middle child and my youngest just don't like to hardly wear clothes at all. :-\ So, I guess what I am saying is PLEASE don't turn me in for child abuse because my kids don't wear shoes!! :laugh: :laugh:

Ok, another gripe that I have, since we are on child abuse is that when you turn someone in, and you know that the child is in danger and nothing happens to the parents.  I just don't understand that one.  I will tell you that I was told one time, that the state does not do to good of job on following through on some of the cases.  It just burns me to no end to see kids go to school every day and you can tell that they never get a bath or that their clothes are just down right dirty.  I am guilty on sending my kids to school in mismatched outfits, my middle child likes to dress herself :-\, so I just let her.  But the clothes that she wears are clean, unless she got something on it from lunch at daycare before she goes to school.  I am not saying that a person has to go out and buy brand name or brand new clothes.  I shop all the time at second hand places, Goodwill, garage sales and places like that, but you can at least try to keep your kids clean.  I personally have wonderful kids at the Daycare, whose parents just love and adore them, so thank the Lord that I don't have to deal with it here.  But I know from working at the school, that there are cases in our community that really are not dealt with very good.  I am all for keeping kids with their parents, but there is a point when you need to help the child, too. :'( :'(

Ok, got my gripes in!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

W. Gray

Tobina,

Where is the shoe store your mother-in-law owns?

A couple weeks ago, my Mom wanted to go to a Mom and Pop shoe store of the old kind. We found one in downtown Augusta, Coffeyville (but it was closed), and Winfield. She found something she liked in Winfield but she wants to look elsewhere.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Tobina+1

Waldo; she owns a shoe store in Okeechobee, FL.  You could take your Mom on vacation?   ;)

W. Gray

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk