A big garden

Started by Joanna, January 28, 2008, 11:15:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roma Jean Turner

Tuesday morning I had to take my lab to the vet for a check up.  I put my purse, her lease and choker chain on the trunk of the car while I opened the gates.  I came back got in my car and headed out and forgot all about them.  I did not realise what I had done until I got the vet's.  I rushed the dog in and started home, looking for any sign of my things.  I pulled in the drive, pulled out the cell phone to call the bank and there was a message from a man who had already found my things and had been by my house, but I wasn't home yet.  He and his wife even brought them back to my house as it was easier than arranging a place to meet.  They saw my things laying in the middle of a busy street here, 3 blocks from my home.  They turned around, went back and jumped out in the traffice and got the leash, chain, my purse, wallet, check book and Palm Pilot.  Unfortunately the Palm was ran over.  But hey, not having to make all those calls, get new cards, etc.  What a blessing.  Even though we have more crime here, we still have a lot of that good old country values.  I feel very blessed this week.

Bonnie M.

God bless those good people!  Did you see the movie, "Pay it Forward?" 
Bonnie

Wilma

I'll bet you do a lot of good things for other people, too, don't you, Roma Jean?  My husband and I always thought if we did something for someone that some day it would be our turn to be helped and it was.

Roma Jean Turner

I did see Pay It Forward and believe in that.  I have to say, that I do always try to help if I can.  I have found things and returned them, etc. and I do believe that does give one good Karma that I find I often need for myself.  Again, it goes back to those good old country/small town values.  "If it isn't yours, find out who it belongs to and give it back."    I think that is the way most of us on this forum were raised. 

Janet Harrington

What wonderful people they were to get your property back to you.  What a blessed day for you, Roma Jean.

Diane Amberg

Are the rest of you going gaa-gaa over the seed catalogs like I am? I really can't complain about our weather so far, but those beautiful photos of veggies and fruit really make me feel good.

Rudy Taylor

Speaking of movies, I highly recommend "The Bucket List."  It's right up there with "Pay It Forward" which I enjoyed so much.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Jo McDonald

Several people here in the park have been to see The Bucket List --- I have heard rave reviews about it.  I plan to see it.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

archeobabe

I am going to wait until it comes out on DVD to watch it.  Now the seed catalogs, I have been looking and decide to order a package of Beef stake Tomatoes and Holyhock seeds (for Mother).  I saw two Robins yesterday and a sea gull today.  So I know the Spring is just around the corner.  I want to see green grass and leaves on trees.

Bonnie M.

I have "The Bucket List" on my NetFlix list, it shows "A long wait," but, it'll be available "one of these days."  I think the two best movies we've seen from our NetFlix orders are "Facing the Giants," and "the Ultimate Gift."

I also heard how good "The Bucket List" movie is.
Bonnie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk