Welcome, marjkan

Started by Wilma, July 04, 2007, 09:32:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Munchkin, did Loren have surgery and how did it go?  I haven't seen or heard from them since Memorial Day.

marjkan

Brother Loren had 'scope surgery on knee and is now doing rehab.  He may still need knee replacement.......re-evaluation in 6 months.  He and Elizabeth were at family reunion in Ponca City July 7-8.  We had 34 Kling members attend.

Wilma

Thanks for the update, Munchkin.  I hope to see them in August and am glad that things seem to be alright.  He should have plenty of time to be on the Forum now, wouldn't you think?

Rudy Taylor

Welcome marjkan! See? You just join the forum and we start talking about surgeries and relatives. Can't get any better, right? Caution: Watch out for Frawg. He's a bit slimy at times and will try your patience. But everyone needs to love a frog occasionally.

This has nothing to do with your post ... just wanted to add something non-surgical.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

frawin

Hi Marjorie, tell Loren I hope his leg does great. I had talked to him about knee replacement some. I had a total knee replacement a year ago last December and it has been great. He was thinking about it and apparently the Doctor thought Orthoscopic Surgery might help. Anyway, tell hin and Lizzie we are thinking about him and hope the Orthoscopic works. I think the key to successful knee surgery is a good Doctor and do the rehab. Lizzie has always been a favorite of mine since I was a little boy, her Grandmother saved my life, My Mother and Marjorie Armstrong used to tell me the story about it all of the time and I always relive the story with Lizzie. I think one of my sisters was in your High School graduating class. Welcome to the forum, but I warn you it can be addictive.
Frank Winn

Janet Harrington

Quote from: frawin on July 21, 2007, 08:39:45 AM
Lizzie has always been a favorite of mine since I was a little boy, her Grandmother saved my life, My Mother and Marjorie Armstrong used to tell me the story about it all of the time and I always relive the story with Lizzie.

Frank,

You just can't leave us hanging about my Aunt Elizabeth's grandmother saving your life!!!!  >:( >:(  Tell us the story.  I have never heard it.

frawin

Well as Marj Armstrong and my Mother told me, shortly after I was born my follks moved to Osage City ,Kansas, for a short time. When I was around 3-4 months old and I came down with pnuemonia, whooping cough, mumps and measels all at once and I don't remember what else, anyway as the story goes the Doctor told my Mother there was just nothing more they could do for me. My mother got a hold of Grandma Evans at Howard and ask her if she would come and she said she would. My Brother Neil told me he drove as fast as his old car would go and went to Howard and got Grandma Evans and brought her to Osage City. The first thing she said was that she needed Whiskey to give me, Neil said he a knew a Bootlegger, imagine that, and he went and got the Whiskey. Grandma Evans put Whiskey and a Honey mixture down me and applied a mustard and some other ingredients poltice. My Mom said Grandma Evans slept in the room with me for days, and applied her medical recipes until I got better. I can remember Mom saying that the Doctor couldn't believe I survived.
Marjorie always said I was her baby to, she was a really neat and special person.
Frank Winn

Janet Harrington

That would have been my great-grandma Kitty.  She was married quite a few times and died with the last name of Anderson.  However; she is buried next to the husband with the last name of Evans.  Did I get that right, Mother?

frawin

Janet, my mother used to say that Grandma Evans Doctored more kids than the Doctors did.
Frank

Wilma

Yes, Janet, you got that one right.  Grandma Kitty was married 5 times that I can remember.  She divorced two of them, buried two of them and made the last one a widower.

My husband used to tell me about the home remedies that Grandma Kittie's father used.  Wish I could remember them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk