They’re All Government Motors Now . . .

Started by redcliffsw, July 27, 2015, 06:20:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Hmm.So why is Ford included?They didn't need a Gov't bail out and so didn't have anything to pay back. Yes, all vehicles are more expensive today, but every safety feature that saves lives and reduces injury is worth it, IMHO.
We, in emergency services don't see nearly the number of serious injuries we used to. The number of injuries has risen, but nowhere in proportion to the number of drivers. Usually the injuries are less severe too, the crumple zones do help.
It's true there will always be accidents that are not survivable. And the folks who insist on talking and texting while driving are then totally dependent on the car's safety features to help them, because they aren't paying attention. I'd rather depend on my own driving skills.
   We just never see kids falling out of cars and cradle cap head injuries that we saw many years ago. But folks who don't wear their seat belts sometimes pay a terrible price.No parent wants to get that gut wrenching phone call!
Want the safety without the big price? Buy a good used vehicle .The safety features aren't taken off. I agree the bundling practice stinks, but a good bargainer can still get a better deal, especially when you know when to do it.I personally could care less about a fancy music system.I think the back up camera is fantastic and don't know of any failures here yet,but it may happen depending on road and weather conditions.I'm sure they will get better with time.

redcliffsw

The government ought to defend liberty.  Instead, people use the central government to steal liberty from the people. 

Every new law passed is a freedom lost.

Diane Amberg

Some so called "freedoms" don't deserve to exist.
Should parents have the freedom to beat the crap out of their kids? Should it be OK to abuse animals, sometimes to death? Should hunters have the freedom to hunt animals to extinction and/or waste the animal once it's killed? Should freedom allow industries to pollute water to the point it where rivers will burn? Shall we freely allow industrial smoke stacks to turn the air black with no limit? Shall we sell spoiled food with no check on it?
We are a country of laws and should remain so for the good of all it's citizens, even you. :police:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk