Freedoms in America

Started by Varmit, January 13, 2015, 06:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

With all the talk from both sides in the last few years I would like to pose a question to everybody. Can you list at least 3 freedoms that we, as Americans, have?
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

redcliffsw

A former county attorney friend has a saying:

"Every new law passed is a freedom lost".

I like that although it's not a direct answer to your question.

Varmit

That's a good saying. I posted the question because I am tired of all the excuses being made to justify the actions of our government in the name of Freedom. I can almost guarantee there's not a single freedom someone can list that the government does not control.I was also going to use the question to point out the hypocrisy in the American mindset , in that most Americans do not want those freedoms applied equally to everyone. But I have a feeling that most folks on here are not willing to have an actual discussion about it.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

sixdogsmom

Okay Billy. here you go.

Numero uno IMHO is freedom of expression

Numero two is Freedom of worship

Numero three is The right to bear arms.

Have at it kid!  :-* :-*
Edie

Varmit

Freedom of expression?...tell that to the censors
Freedom of worship....tell that to the teachers and students that can't pray in school, or the Muslims that wanted to build a mosque at ground zero.
Right to bear arms...have you been to new York? Or tried to explain to a cop that you don't need a permit to carry because you have the 2nd admendment?

To me a freedom is something that can't be taken away.

And yes I know I took the bait.

redcliffsw

I agree with you about freedom, yet the government people take our freedom and think nothing of it.  Republicans and reconstructed Democrats support the strong centralized government power, not individual liberty.  Tyrants.

The Republicans have a 150 year history of stealing American liberty.  Tyrants.   

Varmit

True enough. But what kills me is that the American populace, especially those in fly over country, are still hung up on the democrat republican two party system. Then they get hateful towards anyone that tries to change it (I.e. the occupation movement). On top of that they will holler about freedom while telling others they can't have it (the immigration debate).

redcliffsw

We have a one party system with two (2) factions - democrat (reconstructed) and republican.  Neither faction has much bend to standing for liberty.  The recent Republican election wins are political victories for government control and the money.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk