East Coast Happenings

Started by Diane Amberg, March 22, 2013, 01:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

It's chilling down here too, but not as cold as you are.There is a cold rain here today that came in off the Atlantic. It is bringing the leaves down fast now. I'll miss those beautiful colors. We may have frost tonight, so I need to get out in the garden today and strip off whatever is left.
Today would have been Daddy's 100th birthday.It doesn't seem possible that he's been gone for 10 years.I'll slip up to the cemetery this afternoon.
We had only 24 kids come to the door this year.That is quite a drop from last year.  Very cute costumes.
I had bought cat and  raven skeletons to add to the front porch decorations. Really fun.
Tomorrow I'll go over my notes and decide who I'll be voting for on Tuesday. Stay warm.

Diane Amberg

Hooray. Little Emily got to come home and was able to go back to school for Halloween. She still can't lift her arm or move her hand and fingers, so it's in a special sling, but she was able to move her shoulder and does have some feeling. She has a lot of treatment and more surgeries ahead, but she is so happy to be home and back to school.
I'm still on 9 eye drops a day, of three different kinds, and still have to wear an eye shield to sleep, but all seems to be going well. I go back for another check up on Nov.18. I guess he'll decide then when or if to have the other eye done on Dec.3.

Nancy

Diane Amberg

Ahh.  We just came back from voting. Mine was a mixed bag as usual. I always vote the person not the party. Our voting place is only about 5 blocks from our house and at mid morning isn't very busy. The weather is so nice, the many folks who knew each other, stood under the trees after voting and chatted for quite awhile, before we all felt we had to go get something productive done. This wonderful weather can't last much longer and nobody wants to waste any.

Diane Amberg

Very interesting elections.I sat up much too late watching the nationals. (yawn) Now that the Repubs. have the Senate, I wonder what they will do with it. Here at home I think all my favorites won. We were invited to a couple of after election parties but didn't go.
Today I need to tackle the bushel of peppers I still have sitting here. Tomorrow night I'll make a big pan of stuffed peppers for Al .He loves 'em.
Congrats to all your election winners. Enjoy your day all.

jarhead

More Delaware happenings. Let the good times roll for the teenage boys :angel:

Former NFL cheerleader allegedly had sexual relations with 15-year-old boy
Published November 05, 2014
A former Baltimore Ravens cheerleader and the estranged wife of a prominent Maryland energy executive has been arrested and charged in connection with a sexual relationship involving a 15-year-old boy, police announced Wednesday.
Molly Shattuck, 47, was indicted Monday on two counts of third-degree rape, four counts of unlawful sexual contact and three counts of providing alcohol to minors, Delaware State Police Sgt. Paul Shavack said. She was released on $84,000 bond after an arraignment Wednesday in Sussex County Superior Court in Georgetown, Delaware.

On Sept. 26, a 15-year-old boy reported that Shattuck began an inappropriate relationship with him near Baltimore and that it culminated with sexual activity at a vacation rental home in Bethany Beach, Delaware, over Labor Day weekend, Schavack said. Police executed a search warrant on Shattuck's home Oct. 1 and seized items but Shavack declined to specify what they were.

kshillbillys

Ah, yes, the honesty from Delaware--Robert

Democrat candidate arrested at polling site
YORKTOWN – A candidate for Yorktown Town Council was arrested on Election Day at a polling site, accused of earlier stealing other candidates' signs and leaving the scene of a traffic accident during a confrontation with his accusers.

Richard E. Yencer Jr., 60, 3100 N. Delaware County Road 500-W, was preliminarily charged with theft and leaving the scene of accident.

Arrested while greeting voters at Yorktown High School early Tuesday afternoon, Yencer was later released from the Delaware County jail after posting a $5,000 bond.

According to a probable cause affidavit, emergency dispatchers received a call "about a person stealing campaign signs" at Cammack United Methodist Church, 1901 N. Cammack St., about 10:15 p.m. Monday.

The Yorktown Police Department requested the Delaware County Sheriff's Office investigate the matter after determining "the victim and suspect (were) both campaigning for the Town Board of Yorktown."

Yencer — a reporter for The Star Press from the mid-1970s until 2010 — was a Democratic candidate for an at-large council seat in Tuesday's election.

According to the affidavit, Yorktown Town Council incumbents Bob Ratchford and Rich Lee, both Republicans, were placing campaign signs at polling sites Monday night when they saw Yencer at the church, the polling site for Precinct 55.

The Republicans reported they circled the block "to see what Mr. Yencer's intentions were," and saw the Democrat tear up a sign for Republican U.S. Rep. Luke Messer "and place it in his trunk."

Messer's Democratic challenger, Susan Heitzman, was a financial contributor to Yencer's council race.

Lee told authorities he saw signs for other candidates — including Ratchford and Yorktown Town Council member Daniel Flanagan — in Yencer's car.

"When (Lee) told Mr. Yencer that he knew the law and he can't do that, Mr. Yencer replied that he is the law," Kip Curtis, a sheriff's deputy, wrote.

Ratchford reportedly tried to prevent Yencer from leaving the scene by standing in front of his car. The deputy wrote that Yencer then put his 1994 Nissan into reverse, striking Lee "in the knees with the rear bumper of his car."

Lee told the deputy he jumped on the vehicle's trunk to avoid injury and struck the trunk with his fist "hoping Mr. Yencer would stop."

Lee — who would later decline emergency medical treatment — maintained Yencer was "fully aware" that his vehicle struck Lee.

Yencer then drove "through an adjoining yard" and left the area, his accusers said. County police reportedly searched for Yencer in the area for about two hours, and one of the deputies took photographs of Lee's knees.

The Democrat was arrested, without incident, more than 12 hours later at the high school, the polling site for Precinct 71.

In 2012, Lee won election to the council's District 1 seat over Yencer.

The Democrat has been a consistent critic of the Republican council's handling of town government.

Attorney Robert Beymer said Tuesday night he would represent Yencer should formal charges be filed.

"The arrest was politically motivated by Mr. Ratchford and Mr. Lee, who have their facts wrong as usual," Beymer said in a prepared statement.

Yencer on Tuesday failed in a bid to win one of two at-large seats on Yorktown Town Council, finishing last in a four-candidate race. Ratchford and Lee were re-elected to their district seats.

Contact news reporter Douglas Walker at (765) 213-5851. You can also follow him on Twitter @DouglasWalkerSP.
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

kshillbillys

Oh the good people in Delaware...it's nice to get real news out of Delaware. Let the good times roll--Robert

Pervert admits to throwing his semen on 'hot' female shopper at Delaware Wal-Mart

A Delaware man was arrested Tuesday after throwing semen at a 20-year-old woman he told police he thought was 'hot.'

Frank Short Jr., 22, was charged with a litany of offenses after being arrested for the depraved act in a New Castle, DE, Wal-Mart, according to a police report obtained by Mail Online.

Among the charges are lewdness, harassment and offensive touching with bodily fluids, said the report.

The incident occurred while the woman was in a Wal-Mart aisle texting and Short walked past her, saying 'excuse me,' said the report. The woman soon felt 'something wet on her buttocks, thigh and leg.'

Though she initially thought the pervert spit on her, the woman soon realized it was 'a glob of semen on her leg, just below her knee,' the report said.

After the horrified woman got over the shock of having semen thrown at her in the middle of a busy store, she sought help from store employees – with Short following her around the store – who called police. Authorities confirmed the victim's suspicion when their tests showed the substance was 'indicative of semen,' said the report.

At first the degenerate denied his depravity, saying he 'sneezed into his hands, then shook his hands off' onto the poor woman's leg. He soon admitted to spitting on the lady before finally copping to the whole thing after calling the woman 'hot.'
Short also admitted to considering himself a 'loner' who 'gets a thrill out of such an act,' the report said.
The report concluded Short took 'a substance into his hand, believed to be his own semen, and did place this substance upon the body of [the victim] because he was sexually attracted to her.'

He was booked and tossed into a local jail before being released later in the day on bond.

ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Ross

I sure am glad we Don't have that kind of people in Elk County, Kansas.

Diane Amberg

By the way folks, for those of you who failed geography, Delaware County is not in Delaware. We have only three counties...New Castle, Kent and Sussex.
Yorktown ain't here neither. Ya better fire yer fact checker, makes ya look stupid, ya know? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D    Are you few THAT desperate to pick on someone? ::)
No Ross, I didn't read your post, so you wasted your time again.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk