Ross's Elk County Connected thread

Started by debid, February 16, 2013, 03:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jane

Diane,
They are not saying anything about your freedom of speech. They are just saying take it some where else!!!!!

Patriot

Quote from: Jane on March 22, 2013, 10:01:49 AM
Diane,
They are not saying anything about your freedom of speech. They are just saying take it some where else!!!!!

Exactly, Jane.  And there are some other considerations regarding freedom of speech...

1.  In privately owned venues, like this forum, speech can be moderated or controlled by the owner of the venue.  I believe Kjell recently exercised that process here:  http://www.cascity.com/howard/forum/index.php/topic,15167.0.html

2.  While the ability to speak may be free in America, there is no guarantee that the speech will not have consequences.

3.  I don't believe that being offended or otherwise disturbed by someone's free speech justifies chronic victim status of the hearer (unless the alleged victim subscribes to the utopian and dysfunctional belief that life should be fair and 'perfect'), and I'm damned sure such victim status does not belong to a legally protected class.

4.  Chronic droning on about one's rights of free speech reeks of victimhood.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Diane Amberg

You don't know the half of it buddy. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D. The moderators do listen. As far as victoms go, you do know they can band together with strength in numbers and put a stop to the nonsense. Remember we had a whole revolutionary war over that. Oh that's right you didn't exist yet. :P

Teresa

((((This probably should be said in P.M.'s~but it eliminates the 'he said she said' issues and everyone hears the same thing.))) So I'm going to say several things in several areas and I hope you all will just understand that sometimes being an owner of something means you have to be in a position that is not on the fun side of the scale. Plus~~ I'm just me.. a small town redneck so I type like I talk. I'm also only one person and the things I'm going to say are my sole opinion.. ( so some of you or all of you or whatever~ may not agree.. and thats ok.. )
((God, before I even start I feel like a school marm with a ruler in my hand~~looking severely over round spectacles to a class full of kids..  and I don't even like being in this position. I HATE rules.. Never found one I liked and doubt I ever will. Probably why I don't go by many.  ::) So this isn't easy for me . ))

I have my own personal opinions of many things and I try to not voice them much in here, so as to not be labeled as "taking sides". If I have an issue ( good and bad) with anything, I always use PM's. (generally).
   I do try to see both sides, but I am a severely flawed human being.. *lol*  and sometimes I fail, because my knee jerk emotions outweigh my common sense. And I know it and I readily admit it.  I'm an aggressive pain in the ass sometimes so I have learned to try to ignore some things and some people and let things pass. Sometimes I succeed and sometimes I miserably fail. This forum has been a great way for me to learn how to zip it and practice restraint. ( and Kjell is witness that I am still a long ways from having mastered it)  :)

Quote from: Diane Amberg on March 22, 2013, 12:06:18 PM
You don't know the half of it buddy. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D. The moderators do listen. As far as victoms go, you do know they can band together with strength in numbers and put a stop to the nonsense. Remember we had a whole revolutionary war over that. Oh that's right you didn't exist yet. :P
Diane~ You are right!! I DO listen.. and I listen and I listen~~and ENOUGH ALREADY !!!! Please!!
To your benefit~~ I will say that I thought that the thread started this week with you specifically targeted with post moving and all that crap was totally uncalled for. And I did something about it immediately when I was notified of it. You are a very smart woman who has and does many good things for your area and the community that you reside in, but I have to say that sometimes you are just like a constant barking nipping chihuahua, in the middle of everything. I don't think you realize it, but you kinda always seem to turn even the most remote things into an insult or slam  about you. You tend to wear your feelings on your sleeve so sometimes things said are easily misinterpreted as being about you, when in fact they are not. And yes~ sometimes they are. That's life. And sometimes the bigger dogs come in and have finally had their fill of it.~ and they bite hard. The lesson is to try to understand the cause. You don't seem to be able to grasp the 'why" they do it, because you continually see yourself as the victim and never wrong. They don't do it to anyone else. There is a reason~~ 
You are NOT always the victim you claim to be. .. Quit going on and on and on about how mistreated you are and how nothing bothers you ( but it obviously does)  and shouting to the world that you are going to be just as nasty as "those others". Nobody cares!!  You take 4 words that is said and every time create a full page novel of your displeasure thinking its all about you. Stop it please. People are tired of it! 

Patriot, Jarhead Bullwinkle and Ross~~There is an obvious conflict of personality's.  Leave her alone!!! I mean it!!! Ignore her!! You say this..she says that...Nerves are lit...~~You all continue to dangle the bait.. she snaps it up.. and the game is on.  She does takes it seriously, which escalates her "doing it back to you" and you guys are running with it because she drives you insane and you like to see her twisting in the wind.  But feelings are hurt and that turns everyone into growling snapping rabid dogs....and it goes on and on and on like a bad movie, that the rest of us have to watch and listen to. Which is driving us all insane!! ( and believe me, its a darn short trip for me.)
So I mean it!! Cut it out!!! ( and Jarhead~ you make me laugh til the tears run, but zip it right now  :-X  .. cause I know you are taking a big old breath wanting to have the last big windy word! And this time you're not going to !!) 

Patriot~ I know that you severely get under some peoples skin because you call a spade a spade.
And I am going to say that without a doubt you are one of the most intelligent people I have ever met in areas of government, law and politics. Someone only has to spend an evening with you to be able to know that. You have brought to light more things in this county than most people can digest. And something that in my opinion has needed done for a long long time.  And none of it is hearsay. I admire you for that. ( But you still need to behave) 

Warph~ Thanks for your wit, writing ability and your knowledge on politics.. You know I have great admiration for you.

Readyaimduck~~you are another good poster.. in fact I think everyone has a whole lot of good things to offer a local forum. 

Flint, Jane, Wilma, Catwoman, Deb ~~you all have good conversation input~You all are smart and can join in on any conversation and be right at home....but you have a way of stepping in when you don't need to, throw a howling cat in the pot, then step back just to listen to what the howling will draw. Try to curb that please.  And I'm the first to admit that if I didn't have to answer to Kjell and wasn't part owner of this place??~~ well,  I would probably be more than guilty of doing the same thing..  :-[ :-[ 

Ross~~ You call yourself a redneck ~ I personally don't see that as a bad thing.. lol ~~ I'm not alone on this, but I think you are extremely intelligent. ( I'm not blowing smoke either)  You are not afraid to dig for answers to your questions and are unrelentless until you get your answers.   I have never met you, but anyone that has~ says you are a kind and good person clear through, and someone that they are proud to call a friend. That speaks volumes to me!   But~~~please ease up on the repetitiveness of the Elk Konnected thread. Its just way to much of the same thing. You are never going to get answers. You have brought many things to light and to the table that were very legitimate.. But were obviously extremely threatening to some.  To others, it was food for thought and curiosity on wanting to know more.  Your input seemed to ride hand in hand with the last few years of commissioners meetings and the goings on within the county that Patriot was discovering. It takes someone brave enough to step out on a shaky limb to delve in as you have done to try to find out what you wanted to know.

The questions concerning anything in our county in my feeble mind are legitimate and should be addressed. I think that any tax paying citizen would want to know, regardless of who was sitting in the decision making chairs what is going on with our tax money. If everything is above board and documented, then there should never be a problem to have answers. My mother always told me that the truth never hides. But when the truth isn't readily available, then silence proceeds.

But its like feeding a child cookies.. what starts out to be sweet tasting and good~ given too much at one time day after day becomes horrible. So Ross~~for awhile on this subject, give it a rest please. :)

If new things arise in any area of the county that needs brought to light and there is questionable reason for concern, by all means bring it to the table.. Elk Konnected, County Commissioners, Fire Dept, Sheriffs office, City Office, Cooksons Hardware, D&M Gun Sales, Batsons,  Elk County Website and Forum...No one is above having questions issued on their business practices and I don't think that most mind answering peoples questions and concerns. This is the place to ask and hopefully find out EVERYONE'S opinion and see what can be done and what answers can be given.

I think that there are a whole lot of subjects out there that can be debated and discussed ~ the garden thread is a refreshing topic~ Thank you Growit1. Hopefully other threads, even in politics, can be talked about without all the personal assassinations of each other.

I don't expect everyone to play nice all of the time. That's impossible. It really is because we are human and not robots without emotions and feelings. There is going to be direct disagreements and we all will think that the ones who disagree with us are idiots and can't see the forest for the trees...so personalities will still clash and words following that will still be spoken. You can't escape it. But all I'm asking is that if you fire off a few shots on occasion.. step back and breathe before you reload your gun.

Thats all~~Thanks~~
from an emotional crazy person with a knee jerk attitude who hates rules and regulations .. and who needs to practice what she is preaching.
I will try to do that also~ and if I don't~~~ fire a warning shot in my direction before aiming for one of my vitals.. okay?? lol  ~~except you Jarhead.. You can't hit a bull in the ass with a banjo, so you can fire at me all you want. ;D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

jarhead

Miss Teresa,
After that scolding I suppose you think I'm gonna take it lying down. Wrong---once again you show me you don't know horse crap from apple butter---to even imply I'm gonna take a deep breath is nonsense. You know damn well that after 48 years of smoking there aint a "deep breath" left in my chubby little body !!
Gonna be boring but I will "try" to play nice but if you let ol Sarge call me Tubby or tell people he is a better fisherman than me---then all bets are off.
PLEASE, on the bad shot comment. Who the hell you think taught Carlos to shoot ?
PS: You note I finally called you Miss ?Are you happy now ? :)

Bonnie M.

Bonnie

Teresa

Quote from: jarhead on March 22, 2013, 08:06:21 PM
Miss Teresa,

PLEASE, on the bad shot comment. Who the hell you think taught Carlos to shoot ?
PS: You note I finally called you Miss ?Are you happy now ? :)

#1~~Carlo's can't shoot ( so you probably DID teach him.
#2~~Its Mistress to you and if I want to hear anything out of you~I will untie you and take the pink frilly panties out of your mouth..

((( i know I know~totally inappropriate for here, but I totally couldn't resist..  hahahaha))) and now I will be heading to time out in the corner because that is surely most certainly where I will be when Kjell reads this.  :-\
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Patriot

Quote from: Teresa on March 22, 2013, 08:19:34 PM
#2~~Its Mistress to you and if I want to hear anything out of you~I will untie you and take the pink frilly panties out of your mouth..

HEY, Jarhead.....

Gives a whole new meaning to being whipped, don't it? 

Give me a couple of days to sell tickets, Teresa.  LOL

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

jarhead

Miss Bonnie Bell,
Did your yeller haired friend not read where I said I would try to play nice ? Then she comes back with"Carlos can't shoot" !! The great Carlos Hatchcock can't shoot !! One Shot ,One Kill,can't shoot ???? She is really putting me to the test, wouldn't you say? I will use restraint---for now. :angel:

Ross

Thank you Teresa for the kind words about intelligence.
But I have to tell you, you are wrong.
I have just barely made it through life with the ABC's.

I surely am proud to be a redneck, hick from the Podunk.
As I read somewhere else rednecks have what it takes to get the job done.

And I feel you got the job done tonight.
Good job.

Now. I'll go to my room and pout.

I hope everyone enjoys the weekend and any moisture in what ever form we get it in.

Good night all.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk