Earthquake

Started by jprxmkt, November 05, 2011, 10:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doobie

I heard a little ruckus last night about that time...at first I thought "honest Ron" had fired the opening salvo of the next Elk Falls-Longton skirmish, although there was no evidence of "incoming". I also took comfort knowing that at that time of the evening, Judy wouldn't be wandering.  Maybe since it hasn't rained we needed something different to deal with!
CAUTION: if instrument is shaken sufficiently to cause arm to swing violently, damage may occur!

Janet Harrington

I was at the Indy house and the house shook all the window panes. I thought it was just the wind. LOL Jim said that he was in bed in Howard and he didn't feel anything until Colonel jumped square dab into the middle of the bed. Woke up Jim and little Sammy, who then thought he needed to teach Colonel a lesson about waking everyone up. I wish I had been there.

Wilma

So do they, Janet, so do they.

mtcookson

Was in the garage when it happened, definitely freaked me out. It has one of the "floating" concrete floors which must have amplified it a bit or something. I was sitting in front of my car on a wheeled mechanics chair and the chair moved side to side, I then heard a noise that sounded like heavy wind over the garage, then noticed my car started rocking pretty good side to side. :o

My wife was next to me dancing to a song so didn't even feel it :laugh:. She did say she noticed the poles of the car lift moving a little bit though.

Janet Harrington

Quote from: Wilma on November 07, 2011, 07:45:35 AM
So do they, Janet, so do they.

I would have liked to have been there to see Jim's reaction. That would have been worth a laugh or two.

Ms Bear

It is something, remember one that we had to peel one of the kids off the wall.  He tried to hide in it I think, the other one was on the floor under the table.  Had never seen those two kids move so fast.  Just so thankful that there wasn't more damage and that no one was hurt.

painted

jarhead

My youngest daughter said she felt one about 15 minutes ago---but I guess I'm numb

kshillbillys

ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

mtcookson

Heard about it from some guys in Wichita but I didn't notice anything tonight.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk