Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Quote from: ROSS on November 14, 2014, 06:05:39 PM

The Auditor of the Budget for West Elk showed up and presented the audit during the open public meeting along with extra papers stapled together and a single paper. I felt his presentation sounded a little funny, so I went to the district office and submitted a Freedom of Information Act form requesting copies of the Auditors Report and the papers presented with it.

I asked them to call me when my copies were ready and I patiently waited until today, when I had to go to Howard to Batson's to shop for a few groceries. I figured since, I was driving right by the district office I'd stop by and pick up my copy.

No real surprise ---- it was not available.

Why you might ask, so did I ?

I was told Paula was waiting for a decision. I asked what decision?

I was then told that one of the papers provided during the open meeting was marked for the School Board only. I informed the delightful lady at the front desk that all of it is public information, since it was provided at an open meeting. I politely asked her to inform Paula, that if I don't receive the public information requested I would go to the state with that fact.

Think about it folks since when is tax payers business private or secret?
Since when is there secrecy about the School District Budget Audit?

The only thing in a public, taxpayer funded school district that is confidential is disciplinary actions except those that are reported to law enforcement and if an arrest is made, it then becomes public information, doesn't it?

So what do you suppose they are trying to hide?

Remember, when I requested the salary of all employees including overtime and summer pay? Did I they provide that information? No! No overtime, no summer pay! Are they not intelligent enough to read the Freedom of Information form? Or are they hiding something?

I'm certain they know, I will post the audit and extra information for everyone to read and maybe they Don't want you to read the financial information concerning where your tax dollars go. Which you have every right to know!

A public school district should have total transparency with the only exception being disciplinary action.

Just give that some thought for a few minutes please?

Do we have a secret society in Elk County? LOL

I just wanted to remind you where I am coming from, going into this post.

I finally received a copy of the 2013-2014 West Elk USD-282 Audit.

The big question for School management had to do with a statement on a few pages of letters that were not a part of the official but were given to the School Board during a public meeting which made them public information. Besides that what business does and auditor have to say how the audit of a public entity is to be used.

Their statement that caused all the consternation with management is as follow, you be the judge:

"This communication is intended solely for the information and use of management and the Board of Education, and is not intended to be, and should not be used by anyone other than these specified parties.

Busby Ford & Reimer, LLC
November 3, 2014 "

Why is such a statement necessary on a taxpayer public entities Audit?
Can anyone explain this to me?

How about you people with all those college degrees , can you explain why taxpayers should be kept in the dark?

Now if you notice the statement does not stipulate tHat is can not be used for information to the taxpayers, is says "should not" which is only a suggestion in my unedumacted opinion. And that must be the opinion of school management because they sold me a copy for $10.50.

The school district office knows I make this information available to you folks and that is part of the reason for their flinching when I asked for it. The,  auditor did say the audit is much more detailed than their budgets for what that is worth.

You may view the audit at https://app.box.com/s/nv226xjjex8i09jjh31h .

I haven't had time to look it over yet, I have been busier than a cat on a hot tin roof.

Happy Reading
AND MAY YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY TOMORROW.

redcliffsw

Quote from: Nancy on November 17, 2014, 02:01:28 PM
Redcliff do you live in Elk Cpunty

No

By the way I have a question for you.  Do you favor a tax increase by the Elk County Board of County Commissioners?

frawin

You don't know if there is going to be a tax increase in Elk county or not. You are like Ross you make up crap just to stir up trouble. I own property in Elk County and I will take a tax increase if it is necessary. Nancy knows a lot more about what goes on in Elk county than you do.

Ross

Quote from: frawin on November 18, 2014, 08:20:44 AM
You don't know if there is going to be a tax increase in Elk county or not. You are like Ross you make up crap just to stir up trouble. I own property in Elk County and I will take a tax increase if it is necessary. Nancy knows a lot more about what goes on in Elk county than you do.

What have I made up?

Can't answer that one can you?

Do you think maybe I made up the West Elk School District 2013-2014 audit?
Do you think that?
Or do you think some people nightly be interested in those facts?

Well' why doesn't Nancy tell us what she knows if she knows so much?
First I'd like to know is she an Elk Konnected FOLLOWER like her husband?
Or is she ashamed to admit it?

Let's hear from Nancy' Okay?

Nancy

Ross you seem to think Elk Konnected is evil or is to be blamed for anything you disagree with. I am not ashamed of supporting the programs of any Elk county  programs. I also agree with Frank we do not know if Elk County taxes will be raised.

Ross

Quote from: Nancy on November 18, 2014, 10:29:40 AM
Ross you seem to think Elk Konnected is evil or is to be blamed for anything you disagree with. I am not ashamed of supporting the programs of any Elk county  programs. I also agree with Frank we do not know if Elk County taxes will be raised.

Nancy you seem to be a mind reader with a faulty antenna, because I have never said Elk Konnected is evil.

You avoided the question are you an Elk Konnected FOLLOWER?

You are saying if the KKK came to Elk County you would support them as an Elk County program, that's how I read your statement.

Why the politicians type of avoidance of a direct question and I repeat and quote:

Quote from: ROSS on November 18, 2014, 09:01:42 AM

Well' why doesn't Nancy tell us what she knows if she knows so much?
First I'd like to know is she an Elk Konnected FOLLOWER like her husband?
Or is she ashamed to admit it?

Let's hear from Nancy' Okay?

Or is it a shameful thing to admit, openly?

Nancy

What is a follower?  I never said anything about KKK. Again I try to be supportive of Elk County programs and groups. It doesn' t make any difference to me whether Redcliff lives in Elk county I was asking a simple question. You don't put Redcliff down for his input about Elk County but you berate others that do not live here.

Ross

Quote from: Nancy on November 18, 2014, 01:29:37 PM
What is a follower?  I never said anything about KKK. Again I try to be supportive of Elk County programs and groups. It doesn' t make any difference to me whether Redcliff lives in Elk county I was asking a simple question. You don't put Redcliff down for his input about Elk County but you berate others that do not live here.

I concur I did berate the liar about Mr. RITZ  not owning property in Elk County to further his/her/it's agenda to get his/her/it's aunt elected to the County Commissioners Board.

Go back and look --- you said any Elk County programs.
So I must suppose that includes good or bad.

But you still avoid the direct question of affiliation with Elk Konnected, why is that?

Inquiring minds wish to know, most likely half of Elk County?

Nancy

No sir I answered your question quite clearly. I do not know of any bad programs in Elk County.

Joesue23

Ross how many School boards have you been elected to. How many County Commisioner  positions have you served on. I am betting none, you are totally full of hot air. Everyone in ELK county that I have talked to told me you were totally full of CRAP.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk