Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Quote from: readyaimduck on May 26, 2011, 09:43:28 AM
If I may so bold as to give a parrallel example as to what I THINK you are tring to say Ross?   Clall it spin on your thoughts, but I don't think so:
There are several small towns in Elk County (the county) and each are struggling to survive.  So, here comes a group of people (names and intents yet to be determined) that creates an LLC, to preform a funneling of money functions.  They hire a well known Kansas State group to find out the main issues in the county (which their fee was paid for by this Elk Konnected, LLC) and then implemented 'some programs' based on some of the issues.   
Now, to convolute the issue...one of the Comissoners is a member of this paid group, and yes I did read the letter.  I don't think it was appropriate that it came from she, but heck   I don't live in that county.  Then you stated that this same said comissioner denied the using of taxpayers dollars in public, when in fact it came...and I use this term with caution:  INDIRECTLY to the the above mentions programs.

My first knee jerk reaction is:  wow, money laundering at the expense of the taxpayer and the county's residents sayso.  However, I really think asking who is on the committee, and who is in charge, and why won't they come forward, will in all honesty not be answered on this forum.  Why?   Don't know. 
If the county is so desperate to bring in funds to build the county to tourism, there is a lot more to see in Elk county than Howard...and Howard is good. 
Sounds more like a competiton within the towns, and Howard is ahead right now.  A unified government  for the county?   Don't think that will work...That would be like putting all of the New England States in there own district....ain't gonna happen with the residents of Elk County.  Each town is proud of their own.

So who is a member of Elk Konnected LLC?   Subliminal suggestions?   Cautious anxiety?  Pure honesty?   All will get you yelled at, I am afraid.  But, as far as I am concerned, keep asking.
Ready
Good post readyaimduck, I suppose you could construe that I was saying what you said the way you said it. Does that make sense. LOL  I really don't believe Elk Konnected, LLC knows what they want but it appears that it is nothing more than giving out lollipops and praising themselves, who ever they are. Or they would talk right here, right now. What better opportunity ie there for them then now. Doing the things the communities have been doing for themselves. Your post is appreciated by me.

Ross

Elk Konnected, LLC
Who applied for the grant to pay for the Summer camp this summer?
Who did the grant come from? How much was the grant?
Who is being paid to administer the summer camp?
How much are the volunteers being paid from the grant to run the summer camp? 

If you are Receiving tens of thousands of dollars in grants why do you feel you need Elk County tax payers dollars?
Why not leave the money for the real communities in the county?
I know you think you are a community but suppose you be considerate of real communities.

And how about stepping up to the old proverbial plate and tell us who are the registered members of Elk Konnected?

readyaimduck

QuoteIn short... government (taxpayers) should be, at best, the source of last resort, right?

In my mind, yesssss.   Now try to separate the two!   Ergo, this forum!
Ready

readyaimduck

QuoteAnd how about stepping up to the old proverbial plate and tell us who are the registered members of Elk Konnected?

and pray tell, who were members of the KKK, the anonymous doners to Elk Konnected LLC (the word anonymous is there for a reason(  who is a memeber of our local AA?   See where this is going?   Nothing to hide?  perhaps with a pride of being a member.  And a member of the AA (Aloholics Anonymous, or NA or Al Anon)  are members, however there is no membership other than a common cause.  So, perhaps this is or should have been named Elk Konnections LLC Anonymous?   Then perhaps there would be some sigh of reief...just thinking outside a box.
Ready

Ross

Ross

FYI

The upcoming County Commissioners meeting I have been told has been changed to to the holiday.
I have been nformed it is scheduled for 1:00 PM, Tuesday, May 31 in the Elk County courthouse.
It is open to the public and shortly after opening the meeting the floor is opened as a public form
for anyone to speak to them. It is very cordial. Oh I thought i'd mention there is no facilitator or circle of chairs.
And when I spoke with them they were very polite and decent.
There is usually a deputy there. My salute to the deputies  :police: good guys.

I did verify the date and time by calling the Clerk's Office.

Back to Elk Konnected, LLC, hello ---- who are you?

Ross

I don't believe I have ever said why I use the term Lollopops.
In my opinion the lollipops are to distract us from what Elk Konnected, LLC is really up to.
We as a county employee an Economic Development and Youth Development person who is well educated in doing the job.

And any county monies, if there is money to spare such as the tax from the sale of alcholic beverages in my opinion should go to real communities. Perhaps divided evenly. i have heard that the tax from the sale of alcholic beverages is for the purpose of recreation.

From our county web site:
Welcome to the Elk County Economic Development and Youth Development site.  Elk County encompasses Howard, Grenola, Elk Falls, Longton and Moline. http://ks-elk.manatron.com/CountyDepartments/EconomicDevelopment/tabid/3529/Default.aspx

Warph

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Patriot

Quote from: Warph on May 26, 2011, 11:46:12 AM
i-yi-yi.... will this ever end.

LOL
At some point all things end.... one way or another.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Ross

Quote from: Warph on May 26, 2011, 11:46:12 AM

i-yi-yi.... will this ever end.

Only if you unsubscribe to this thread. or Elk Konnected, LLC speaks up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk