Windfarm funfacts... a little more sunshine

Started by Patriot, April 22, 2011, 08:48:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hefe de vaca

The lease is  similar to an oil and gas lease. The big portion of the enterprise is also the same, a percentage of the income produced. Property tax is not the issue of the PILOT payment. It is payment in lieu of the tax that would be levied on the business ( power generation ) . If the landowners could pay less tax , I would be interested in knowing how that happens.

Hefe de vaca

If it really matters to you Janet, I could give you a list of landowners as well as those who lost out due to the governors decison. But as Wilma said, a map of the turbines and the directory will give you the same.

readyaimduck

QuoteIf the landowners could pay less tax , I would be interested in knowing how that happens.

The landowner would pay the regular real estate tax on the property he/she owns, but not on any equipment place by the company.  (Just like oil or gas wells)
We are both in agreeance as to this, it's just difficult to put into words with an appropriate inerpretation.

Ross

Quote from: Jefe de vaca on July 02, 2011, 09:43:11 PM
    Does it matter who the landowners are? Do their taxes change, no, unless they're increased.

Know this, PILOT is letting the company off cheap, but no different a scenario than large cities trying to lure manufacturing in by giving them a break. What is more important to the county as a whole, this windfall needs to be used , or invested , wisely; because it will go away and not come back . It will be like those who win the lottery and two years later are broke ,or in debt.

This is not a new perpetual source of revenue. It is temporary.
Who are you?
Are you the puppet master for Elk Konnected?

srkruzich

Quote from: readyaimduck on July 03, 2011, 11:27:18 AM
The landowners will not be free of all taxes.  They will still pay for what they own LESS what they have leased.
Granted, they will have a small income from the lease, and will have to report that on their  personal taxes.

Sorry but i don't call 40 -60 mil small income...
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Diane Amberg

Per person? I doubt that.What is it per year per person?

Hefe de vaca

I believe the lease payments are made quarterly , $21.00/acre. There are ONE Time payments for each turbine, $2000. There are annual payments to those who have infrastructure such as sub stations , O&M buildings that are more or less permanent. There are quartely payments once operational of $4500 /megawatt units. These are estimates, by the way.

I supply this info so we don't have those thinking anyone other than the Enel company is making 40-60 million, because I don't think it should be of concern what the landowners are getting, any more than asking what , for example, Tom Devlin makes at Flint Oak, or what any of our farmers and ranchers make per year, or what Steve makes on the side per year.

readyaimduck

Jefe:
You have a lot of technical answers regarding this.  Do you, by anychancework for the Enel company?

Hefe de vaca

Enel is going to make money, that's what they're in business to do. What the people here need to decide is what to do with the PILOT money. A community involved with a similar project, I can't recall where, invested the money rather than spend it. Then used the money that was returned by the investment for projects. Sort of a county IRA I  guess. This money the county is getting will not be and endless fountain of fortune. What do those of you who are smart investors think?

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on July 04, 2011, 08:27:12 AM
Per person? I doubt that.What is it per year per person?
it was a total of all the turbines.  with a Approximate guesstimate Plus Patrick said something bout 30 -40 mil on here somewhere. But that i would say is a very conservative estimate.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk