Author Topic: Newbrassky  (Read 1824707 times)

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Newbrassky
« Reply #2700 on: May 21, 2005, 10:11:56 PM »
(( I think Leonard McCoy is a Scotsman. :P))

((I think you got him mixed up with Mr. Scot))  ;D ;D ;D

(Actually, I thought about that. There was Kirk, a decidely British name, then Scotty, who was unmistakably Scottish, then Bones... who has a Scottish name. Was it intentional on Gene Roddenbury's part? Whoops, now I've let on to who he is. I don't think most readers caught on to the exact character I was mentioning. Eep! :D)

((Not being a "Trekkie", I still got the allusion and even understood the red shirt comment, but don't understand why that upset you so.  I tripped, however, and missed the McCoy link!

Oh, Litl Rooster... Trinity doesn't dislike Oatmeal... Delmonico does.  So, Bacon flavored oatmeal would be great for him   ))
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2701 on: May 21, 2005, 10:37:06 PM »
Delmonico ignores the argueing in the dinin' room over the Scotsman, cause none of the ones mentioned had a kilt or bag-pipes. ;D ;D

Delmonico goes to his office and starts tying feathers to little hooks. ;D ;D

<Authors note: Oatmeal, cream of wheat, poached eggs and cornstarch/milk based puddin's are all part of what the damned horspital die-a-tit-ions call a soft diet, along with the wonderful cream-of-unmentionable soups, they ain't allowed to treat prisioners that bad. :P)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2702 on: May 21, 2005, 10:50:45 PM »
Walking down at the banks of the Dismal, the Frumpy Fairy Godmother squints at something she sees in the water, then smiles. She wanders a bit, her hand seeming to snatch at the air a few times, then has a seat, reaching to her head to pull out a few hair pins and bending them, rubbing them against a rock until one end is sharpened, then taking thread from the hem of her dress. Humming happily under her breath, she ties the caught bugs to the newly curved hairpins.

After looking around to see if anyone is watching, she removes some longer thread, attaches one end to her hairpin, and the other to her wand. She gets up, moving back to the Dismal. She extends the wand out with her hand and it slowly.... grows. When it is about six feet long, she flicks it out over the water, sending the hairpin fly.... flying.

:D

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Advertising

« Reply #2703 on: Today at 12:18:17 AM »

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2703 on: May 22, 2005, 09:38:10 AM »
Napping among the tall grasses at the edge of the river, Trinity hears the comotion and pokes his head up just in time to see the FFG cast out her line.

Excited, he mutters to himself:  "Oh goody, we're gonna to have fish fer dinner!!!"
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2704 on: May 22, 2005, 06:22:26 PM »
Delmonico watches the FFg catch Creek Chub after bony Creek Chub, cause the Rocky Mountan Rainbows stocked up river are just minnow sized fingerlings that will need to grow. ;D ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2705 on: May 22, 2005, 06:33:07 PM »
Actually, the Frumpy Fairy Godmother doesn't catch anything. After all, she is fishing with thread from her dress! Every time she gets anything stronger than a nibble, the thread breaks and she laughs.

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2706 on: May 22, 2005, 07:06:54 PM »
  :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2707 on: May 22, 2005, 07:51:15 PM »
"Dadburnit!  What kind of magic is that?  You'd figger if she kin do all that an' make her wand extend in length, she could at least git some fish.  Phooey!  >:(

Ah'm hongry!"

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2708 on: May 22, 2005, 09:31:41 PM »
Appearing out of nowhere, a Creek Chub smacks Trinity's face with its tail, then falls back into the Dismal, leaving behind a scattering of glittering sawdust in Trinity's lap.

"I heard that. Haven't you ever heard of fishing for fun? There's no keepers in the river."

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2709 on: May 22, 2005, 10:09:41 PM »
Clearly upset, Trinity stands up, brushes the sawdust from his lap and yells back at the river in a taunting manner:  "Well fine then.  Ah'll jus' go huntin' fer fun an' throw the carcasses back.  What do you thank of that!??"

With that he storms off.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2710 on: May 22, 2005, 10:15:02 PM »
With out sayin' a word, Delmonico goes to the old dugout and heads to the hole in the bend just below the FFg, just before he throws sumthin' in the river he is seen to strike a lucifer. ???

There is a muffled boom and the FFg is showered with water coming down like a Newbrasky downpour. :D  Delmonico and Duke wade in and gather up several pan size channel catfish. ;D

"These are great out of fast movin' clean water, course we can't do that when the trouts get down here from the forks."

"That Alfred Nobel sure invented a great way to fish, he should get some sort of prize for that." ::) ::) :D :D ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Scattered Thumbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 61
« Reply #2711 on: May 23, 2005, 03:12:00 AM »
"That Alfred Nobel sure invented a great way to fish, he should get some sort of prize for that." ::) ::) :D :D ;)

Author's note: (Cause S.T. is not here yet) I don't know about no prize but he sure is gonna get stinking rich if he found a magic way to get fish.  ;D Maybe he'll get so rich that he'll give away prizes for those that aren't smart enough to get stinking rich by themselves. ::)

Offline Stoney Pete

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2712 on: May 23, 2005, 06:47:57 AM »
Stoney wakes up in his pink room.  The lace on the pillows has left an impression on his face. :o  Sure is a comfy bed, even if it is pink.

Feeling the need to do some "manly" after sleepin in that room, Stoney get his scatter gun and goes out hunting pheasants.  "Let's see, if I get 4 for Trinity, and 2 for me, that will mean I only need 6 more and the whole clan can eat.  That Del fella talks so much about eatin', might be he's got a good recipe for pheasant."

A short while later one heard the sound of a 12 ga firing in the hills.  Before noon, Stoney came walking in with not 12, but 15 pheasants for dinner.

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2713 on: May 23, 2005, 09:06:31 AM »
Delmonico just shakes his head at Stoney Pete, cause he's as naive as Slim when he first got there to "The Ranch with No Name. ;D  Stoney can shoot lots of Prairie Chickens, but he's about 30-40 years to early to be shootin' pheasants, cause there ain't none here yet. :D :D :D :D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Scattered Thumbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 61
« Reply #2714 on: May 23, 2005, 09:30:41 AM »
Author's note: Them be those "twilight zone pheasants"  ;D

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2715 on: May 23, 2005, 10:08:32 AM »
((Yep, if Delmonico can have a coaloil computer, Pete can shoot pheasants. So there. :P ))

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Offline Stoney Pete

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2716 on: May 23, 2005, 11:13:09 AM »
((Yep, if Delmonico can have a coaloil computer, Pete can shoot pheasants. So there. :P ))
Thank you FFG :-*

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2717 on: May 23, 2005, 12:27:13 PM »
Thank you FFG :-*

((Er, Pete? I'm not the Frumpy Fairy Godmother. She's imaginary and doesn't know it, so I have to be careful so she doesn't see me. I have to hide inside the parenthesis, it's like a stealth shield!  :-*  AnnieLee))

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #2718 on: May 23, 2005, 12:44:24 PM »
Slim goes out to check fer eggs and milch the cow.
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2719 on: May 23, 2005, 12:48:24 PM »
< Author's note: I know whats real and what's not, 

www.coaloilcomputor.com      >
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com