Author Topic: Newbrassky  (Read 1828597 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Newbrassky
« Reply #2100 on: April 10, 2005, 10:54:47 AM »
Delmonico looks up, gooey green pus running out of his skillet wound on his head.  "No Trinity, I ain't OK, I have a fever of 104, I think the cut on my head is infected." ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

" Don't think I can get up and make breakfast.  Check the icebox, I think there is some leftover ham in it." ;)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2101 on: April 10, 2005, 12:58:02 PM »
"That ol' skillet really knocked ya hard this time, huh?  What ever happened with that new, littler skillet of the FFG's?  Ya need a new braid poulice?  That one ya made last night looks like puddin'."  :P :P
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2102 on: April 10, 2005, 02:33:38 PM »
I'm bad off Trinity, the infection is gonna kill me unless we do somethin'.  Go to yer room and look under yer bed, see if here is some moldy bread.  I've heard that there is suthin' in bread mold that'll stop an infection. ::) :P
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Advertising

« Reply #2103 on: Today at 07:35:28 PM »

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2103 on: April 10, 2005, 02:49:17 PM »
Trinity runs to his room and sure enough, under his bed are several large pieces of moldy bread.  Most of them covered in cobwebs and some of them hollowed out with spiders living in them, but there should be enough for Delmonico's needs.  Also Trinity finds a slice of ham which has turned a lovely shade of dark brown.  Trinity stuffs that into his mouth as he rushes off to Delmonico's aid.
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2104 on: April 10, 2005, 03:03:01 PM »
Delmonico changes the bandage and puts the moldy bread agin' the supporatin', green pus oozing, infected wound.   :P :P :P :P :P ;D

"Thanks pard, there is a bottle of 100 year old brandy in the kitchen cupboard, ya can have.  It's in the bottle with the vannilly label on it." :D ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2105 on: April 10, 2005, 07:42:29 PM »
(Author's somewhat nasty and graphic note: I am a little surprised that Trinity didn't attempt to eat some of that moldy bread on the green pus of Delmonico's wound, mistakenly thinking it was guacamole.    :o 8)  AnnieLee)

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2106 on: April 10, 2005, 08:03:55 PM »
(Author's note: 

The author is surprised at AnnieLee.  She is touching on subjects that usually only Trinity would dare touch.  ::) Hmmm.    In explanation, Trinity and his Author are both Meatatarians and therefore Trinity would not be interested in any guacamole!   :P )

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2107 on: April 10, 2005, 08:34:45 PM »
Delmonico changes the bandage and puts the moldy bread agin' the supporatin', green pus oozing, infected wound.   :P :P :P :P :P ;D

"Thanks pard, there is a bottle of 100 year old brandy in the kitchen cupboard, ya can have.  It's in the bottle with the vannilly label on it." :D ;)

Upon hearing Delmonico's offer Trinity's eyes widen and a huge smile emerges on his his face.  He runs into the kitchen, retrieves the bottle and returns to Delmonico's bedside.  He uncorks the bottle and puts it to his mouth and tilts his head back. 

*Glug* *Glug* *Glug* *Glug* *Glug* *Glug* *Glug* "SHEEWWWWEEE!  This is good stuff!  Thanks ver' much!!!  You want a slug afore Ah finish it Del?  Too bad Miss FFG ain' here ta 'joy it with us!"

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2108 on: April 10, 2005, 10:12:26 PM »
But Delmonico has drifted back to sleep and his temp reaches 105.  ;D ;D ;D ;D  Infected head wounds are dangerous, they can affect the brain. :o :o :o ::)

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2109 on: April 10, 2005, 10:40:54 PM »
(Another author's note: If the infection affected Delmonico's brain, how would we know??  ;D ;D I thought about bringing in the Frumpy Fairy Godmother, but maybe Slim should save him? Or maybe Trinity is having a very bizarre dream?)

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2110 on: April 10, 2005, 10:46:20 PM »
It is becoming clear to Trinity that Delmonico's remedy is not working so he runs to his room and comes back with a jug of his own "Medicine".  

He first saturates a rag with the high proof hooch and places it on the wounds.  "This would sting a bit if'n ya weren't out.  Lucky fer you!"  Next he pours a good portion down his throat in small increments, careful not to choke him.  "You'll be better by the end of the day tomorry, pard!"  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2111 on: April 10, 2005, 10:55:16 PM »
(Another author's note: If the infection affected Delmonico's brain, how would we know??  ;D ;D I thought about bringing in the Frumpy Fairy Godmother, but maybe Slim should save him? Or maybe Trinity is having a very bizarre dream?)

??? ??? ??? Trinity looks up from Delmonico's bedside and tries to figure out where the voice is coming from.  It is not the same as the now famous "disembodied voice" that he has become familiar with, but somehow different.  Hearing mention of the FFG he assumes she must be in the room somewhere.  "Miss FFG, Miss FFG... Where are you hidin?  Is that you?  Are you playin' a game with me??"

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2112 on: April 10, 2005, 11:12:55 PM »
In his fevered dreams Delmonico is no longer having nightmares about giant capon, but he is havin' a bizarre dream, or rather a brassiere dream, he is now being attacked by one, a 88 triple EEE. :o :o :o :o

(Read this fast, the moderator will be back in the mornin"!)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2113 on: April 10, 2005, 11:28:04 PM »
The Frumpy Fairy Godmother calls out: "I'm in my room!"

Wrapped in her flannel robe, she is seated at her desk, writing out a letter.

"Dear Mr. Oddjob,

"Please accept the return of the skillet I ordered from you. I am enclosing a copy of the invoice. The one you sent was defective, I did not order one with razor sharp edges! I would appreciate a refund of my money."

She signs it with a flourish.

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2114 on: April 10, 2005, 11:41:04 PM »
Delmonico reads the last post, in his fever-ish condition he reads it as flour-ish, meaning like flour sort of, he can't figger why the FFg is tryin' to sign a letter with something kinda like flour, most folks use a pen. ;D   

He drifts back to sleep and now Slim is ridin' back to the ranch from Wissyconsion on a pig. ::) ::)

Delmonico wonders why he is usin' a McClellan saddle. ;D  If some gets in his way he won't be able to warn them, no horn. ::) ::) ::) :P

Delmonico's temp rises to 105.5. ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2115 on: April 11, 2005, 08:42:19 AM »
Delmonico's fever has gotten high enough for him to tune in to a cheesy country music radio station out of El Dorado Springs, MO,  (KESM, 105.5 on the dial) and his room blasts with the sounds of music from Garth Brooks and George Strait, courtesy of the "Big Ape."  With the morning comes the brown wagon. The Frumpy Fairy Godmother hands over the package with the skillet and takes the delivery of ice and herbs. With the help of the Bohunks (Yes, they are still around and they have to help their honorary Czech), Delmonico is placed in the bathtub of ice and a proper poultice is placed on his head. After a little while, the cheesy music stops as the fever goes down.

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 116
« Reply #2116 on: April 11, 2005, 10:48:14 AM »
Slim rodes into the yard on his horse, not a pig.  ::) He unsaddles his horse and put it in the corral. He his saddle bags into the kitchen and put the Wiscoooooooooooooooooooonsin cheese in the icebox. "Hello! Is anyone home?"
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2117 on: April 11, 2005, 11:34:34 AM »
The Frumpy Fairy Godmother runs down the stairs to give Slim a hug of greeting.

"Welcome back, Slim! Trinity is off sleeping someplace, I think, and Delmonico is upstairs in the bathtub, 'chilling out.'"

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 116
« Reply #2118 on: April 11, 2005, 12:08:29 PM »
"Delmonico is upstairs in the bathtub, 'chilling out?"  ??? "Is it October already?"  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2119 on: April 11, 2005, 03:12:38 PM »
"Well, he opened his big mouth to the wrong person and got his head cut. Now he's got a fever so the ice is for bringing it down."

With one of those "don't blame me because Delmonico was an idiot" smiles, the Frumpy Fairy Godmother moves away from the stairs.

And though she had the grace not to laugh at Trinity's entanglement in the hammock, when he comes out on the porch next time, he'll find a new one hanging, complete with the spreader bars.

:D

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com