Author Topic: Strange Problem  (Read 3940 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Strange Problem
« on: May 23, 2006, 10:17:01 AM »
I'm having a rather strange problem with CAS-City.  I get a server busy message when I use the link to the forum Hall, it's been like that since about 9 pm last night.  I go to the home page and clicking on the forum Hall link gets the same.

Clicking on one of the indv. forum  links gets me here, but sometimes the forum is close to 24 hours behind, but not always and in the same forum.  I have pm's, it shows a new and two old, but when I check only one old one.  The on-line list shows at 8 something last night.  Don't know if it's something with the board or my computor.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Strange Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 06:26:07 PM »
OK, never mind, I hit  Reload and it comes up to date.  Our provider is doing a revamp and my wife had problems doing an order for her bizzness today. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 07:24:27 PM »
When the subject read "Strange Problem" I should have known.   ::)

:D
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:35:26 PM »

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 09:20:50 AM »
Well it had me worried, back when PC's were fairly new, back in the late 80's I worked at a factory and when I went into the office the computor went garbled and stayed garbled till I left.  Didn't happen with anyone else. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 10:08:53 AM »
Del, the first computer I ever worked with was an NCR500 that the Army assigned to me on Okinawa in 1966.  It went down at the beginning of 3rd shift about half the time.  Expert came down from Tokyo to check it out. 

Seems like it was "in love" with a WAC Spc 4 that worked for me.  She dosed herself in a certain cheap perfume (I don't recall the name) that contained "a metallic molecule" that caused the machine to go nuts.  The expert said it was common and gave me a list of a dozen perfumes, colognes, and after shaves that were known to do this.

Had my people divest themselves of these on pain of more pain and the problem stopped.

It wasn't your personality, pard.  ::) :D
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 01:39:29 PM »
I'm one of these folks that hold static charges well.  It was the airless pait gun I ran that built it up. ;D

Even today I can't drive accross town at night with out turnin' off a couple of street lights. ::)  Most times I can kick the needle over on a mA meter. :o

My ancient word butcher macine will once in a while go bonkers, a shower will ground me out enough or I can just hook myself to the ground wire on my ol' Heathkit SW radio and it would be good. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 02:57:23 PM »
Del, you'll be alright once the iron in your blood tuns to lead in your a....butt.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline California Lawdawg

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 11:27:54 PM »
Well, here is a stranger one. This post shows up in the upper right corner of the forum but, not in the main forum messages. Last somewhat current message was May 16. Tried refresh with no joy! ???

Lawdawg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com