Author Topic: GAF at The Great Nor'Easter  (Read 2126 times)

Offline Lou Graham

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
GAF at The Great Nor'Easter
« on: March 30, 2006, 08:34:28 PM »
That's the SASS New England Regional in July.

I got the go-ahead from one of the committee members today for the GAF Side Match.  After a nice phone vist with Pitspitr, he shared some ideas he had and we came up with what I think is a good plan to do marksmanship qualification for the side match.  We will be recruiting new members at the match and this is a way to "jump start" them into a GAF activity.

The committee is also interested in having us do color guard.  I've talked to a couple of local GAF folks that may be going, some haven't got life planned that far ahead.  This is a new Regional, it's the first year so it gives us the opportunity to establish GAF as part of the tradition at this match.

I have half of a draft of a brochure to hand out at functions we participate in done.  It will go up the chain of command for review and input.  In it's final form I hope to have something that can be used by all of us at any function we participate in to hand out to interested folks.

If any of you are going to the Nor'Easter, please let me know.  I also would be interested in hearing from anybody that has already done the qualification on how it is set up or anything special/useful/helpful you can tell me about it.  This one will be for main match (pistol caliber lever) rifle only.  Everything I know is what I have read on the web site. No practical experience.  

I'm going to try it with one gun this year because we may get folks that decide on the spot to try the side match and everybody will have that type of rifle with them already.  We can add some of the other guns next year after I figure out what I'm doing and sort of get a "read" on what people would like.  We do have a number of cowboys in this part of the country that like the more precise distance rifle shooting activities so I'm expecting this type side match to have a fair amount of appeal to those attending.
Soot Lady
You can never be too thin, too rich or have too much ammo

Offline Bull Schmitt

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: GAF at The Great Nor'Easter
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 10:14:39 PM »
WOW! :o  Do I have an Adjutatnt or what!! ;D You other commanders can eat your hearts out. :P

Capt. Graham you have hit the ground running. Keep up the good work.

Col Bull
Bvt Col Bull Schmitt
GAF Adjutant General
GAF Commander Department of the Atlantic
GAF Webmaster
SCORRS President & Webmaster
SASS #9535, SCORRS, GAF, NRA

Offline Dr. Bob

• Dr. Bob
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Physician and Sporting Gent aka Bob Dorian
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 11:09:01 PM »
Capt. Lou,

Great start!  Boy howdy are you a live wire!!  GAF is fortunate to have you on our side.

Your Most Humbel and Obediant Servant,

Capt. R. H. Dorian
Brv't. LtC., Chief Topog. Engineer
Grand Army of the Frontier
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:22:35 AM »

Offline US Scout

• Bvt MajGen GAF (Retired)
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 15690
  • GAF #: 3
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 05:44:15 AM »
Bvt Captain Graham,

I am working to rearrange my schedule so that I can attend.  Will keep you posted.

US Scout
Bvt Brig Gen
GAF, Commanding

Offline Lou Graham

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 05:49:46 PM »
Dr. Bob, my Grannie used to say "Boy Howdy" -- I haven't heard that in a while.

She was from I-o-way (that's how she said Iowa)  ;D
Soot Lady
You can never be too thin, too rich or have too much ammo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com