Author Topic: The Story of a Warrior  (Read 2467 times)

Offline Trailrider

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Gunfighter Zone
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The Story of a Warrior
« on: January 22, 2006, 11:48:08 AM »
With the permission of the Command...

Bugler, sound Assembly!

Parade, REST!

Many of us portray officers and enlisted men of the U.S. Army from the latter part of the 19th Century, during which time, there were numerous battles between the Native Americans and the washichu.  At the end of the 19th Century, the Native Americans were "defeated". Their story has been told, and it is a sad fact that many have not prospered.

Yet, dispite this, they have PROUDLY fought to defend America for ALL of us!

I want to tell you of one Lakota warrior, known forever as "Wanbli Isnala", Lone Eagle.  As a boy he followed the tradition of his ancestors, who included Red Cloud, Iron Hail (Dewey Beard), and joined the warrior clan of his father.  He chose the most dangerous subclan, and rode on several raids.  He told one friend, also a member of this clan, "I will die for you!"  Sadly, "Lone Eagle" fell in battle...for all of us, Native American, washitchu, black, white, yellow, and for those in two other lands, far away!

Command, Atten-HUT! Present, ARMS!

Great Spirit, we commend to your keeping the soul of "Lone Eagle", CPL Brett Lee Lundstrom, 2nd Battalion, 6th Marines*, KIA by small arms fire, Falujah, Iraq, 7 Jan 2006! May his spirit soar free! May God grant solice to his family, his friends, and his fellow Marines.  Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom!

Bugler! Sound Taps!

Order Arms!  Dismissed!

*(As an ironic aside, this is the unit whose WWII heritage was ficticiously portrayed in Leon Uris' novel, "Battle Cry".)

The facts desribed are taken from the Sat. 21 Jan 2006 edition of the Rocky Mountain News/Denver Post.  CPL Lundstrom's brother is in the Army and was offered the option of remaining Stateside after the leave to honor his brother.  He refused and will return to Iraq!  Brett's father recently retired as a Major, USMC!

"Where do we get these young men?"  Line by the fictional admiral in the movie "The Bridges at Toko-ri".

I hope you will understand my way of presenting this is meant in the most respectful way I can think of! 
Respectfully submitted,
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com