Author Topic: Crescent No.9 w/hammers  (Read 200 times)

Offline BurritoBandit.45

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Crescent No.9 w/hammers
« on: September 21, 2022, 10:01:28 AM »
12ga, minor engraving, laminated steel, made in Belgium. Appears to be well made for what it is., No serial number that I can find, far as I can tell it quaifies as an antique and therefore can ship direct without the need for ffl. If I'm wrong someone please correct me with proper legal info!! I have more pics upon request and also trying to sell the gun locally, yardsell etc..
I suspect the hammers to be an aftermarket
Addition as the original No 9 was marketed as hammerless.
It has a minor dent in the right side barrel but it still holds a decent pattern. Ive taken a couple of rabbits with it.
Paid about $300 for it plus shipping and transfer fees, ammo..
I have 1 full box of black powder #6 shells from Buffaloarms.com that I will include with the gun, shipped separately of course, both requiring signatire and ID.
I am willing to ship to the lower 48, but would prefer a ftf
In North Central Florida
I am asking $300 for the gun and shells, shipped or picked up.
I've never sold a gun this way so I'm not sure what's preferred for most, I'm asking bank transfer, certified check or cash in person.. what youre comfortable with as long as funds clear, but Not venmo, or cashapp.

Offline Lucky R. K.

• Purveyor of Fire & Brimstone
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Crescent No.9 w/hammers
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 08:29:05 AM »

Any pictures?
Lucky  ;D
Greene County Regulators       Life NRA             SCORRS
High Country Cowboys            SASS #79366
Gunpowder Creek Regulators   Dirty RATS #568

The Wind is Your Friend

Offline BurritoBandit.45

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 12:38:45 PM »
Yes I'm trying to figure out the system here.
Let's see if this works, this link should have pics from when we bought it on guns of America last year:
https://www.gunsamerica.com/993053314/Crescent-NO-9-SxS-Shotgun-12Ga-24-Damascus-Barrels-BELGIUM-Made.htm

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 88
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2022, 06:22:42 PM »

:)  Bandit  ;)

Your shotgun has always been an exposed Hammer Double.  Was in no way converted from a hammerless gun.

I do hope you have only shot it with Black Powder.  It was never proofed for Smokeless and should NOT be fired with smokeless ammunition.  The pressure spikes are not compatible with Damascus Barrels.

As a note, I cannot recommend Shooting it.  Damascus guns can be very failure prone and I am certain yours is a "trade gun" intended for export.  Tread lightly with it.  You only have ONE left hand.

Play Safe Out There

Offline BurritoBandit.45

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2022, 06:33:18 PM »
 Yes, all I've fired in it is the black powder #6 shells from buffalo arms. Did a bit of research. Seems to be on the upper end of the "trade/hardware store" shotguns.  Breech lockup is solid.

Advertisers

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:37:29 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2022 CAScity.com