Author Topic: SOLD: Trapdoor bayonet w/scabbard and frog  (Read 138 times)

Offline LongWalker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
SOLD: Trapdoor bayonet w/scabbard and frog
« on: April 06, 2021, 03:47:27 PM »
This bayonet fits the 1873 and later trapdoors (not sure if it will lock on the later ramrod bayonet rifles).  Blade is ~18", ~21" overall.  The blade retains most of the original blued finish.  The socket shows some wear from handling and storage, and is starting to fade.  The lock ring is free.  Marked "US" on the tang, no other markings I can find.

Scabbard and frog:  The rosette is blank.  The scabbard appears to be blued rather than painted, and retains >80% bluing but is showing some handling/storage wear.  The leather is starting to crack a bit but is still flexible.

Price reduced to $100 (plus shipping via USPS Priority Mail), or trade for 50-70 brass, moulds, etc. 
In my book a pioneer is a man who turned all the grass upside down, strung bob-wire over the dust that was left, poisoned the water, cut down the trees, killed the Indian who owned the land and called it progress.  Charles M. Russell

Offline LongWalker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Price reduced: Trapdoor bayonet w/scabbard and frog
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 02:58:17 PM »
Price reduced.
In my book a pioneer is a man who turned all the grass upside down, strung bob-wire over the dust that was left, poisoned the water, cut down the trees, killed the Indian who owned the land and called it progress.  Charles M. Russell

Offline Drydock

• MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
Re: Price reduced: Trapdoor bayonet w/scabbard and frog
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 06:37:31 AM »
I'll take it.  PM me and we'll get it done.
Civilize them with a Krag . . .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2020 CAScity.com