Author Topic: Armi Jaeger SAA...  (Read 127 times)

Offline mtmarfield

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 211
Armi Jaeger SAA...
« on: October 15, 2020, 06:49:32 PM »
      Greetings!

Thought you folks might like to see an old EMF Co. Inc. "Dakota" SAA Replica, .32-20 cartridge. Date Code [AL] / 1983.
Acquired lightly used in the mid 80's. In the original box reside the manual, the brass backstrap & triggerguard, and "Safety"
Cylinder Pin; if I recollect correct, the replacement Cylinder Pin is an A.Uberti. Soon after purchase, I bought the replacement
steel backstrap & triggerguard from EMF, and carefully draw filed them to fit the frame.
   I don't recall how many Ideal #311316 and #3118 cast bullets over 4.5 grains of Unique I've fired out of this revolver;
rather accurate, in spite of the .317" chamber throat. "WW / Range Scrap" shoots very well.
   I've been playing with the idea of getting an A.Uberti SAA with a 7.5" barrel. The cartridge does have some idiosyncrasies,
as pointed out by Ken Waters and others; nonetheless, it's a real performer with lead bullets, as well as the .32H&RM
jacketed bullets available. The little Hornady #3205(?) 85gr JHP was very accurate with Hercules/Alliant 2400 Powder.

M.T.M.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Cracker Cow Cavalry
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
Re: Armi Jaeger SAA...
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 08:48:34 PM »
When I was about 10 years old, I shot my Dads S&W Hand Ejector in 32-20 for the first time.
I had shot his 22 H&R revolver since maybe 8 or so.... but

The 32-20 to that 10 year old,  was a Big caliber, heady grown up mans gun... :)

I've like that cartridge ever since, Dad's S&W  is mine now, and I have a Colt , and Uberti SAA as well as a JM Marlin Classic Rifle
and an original 1873 Winchester Rifle in 32-20.... I think it safe to say it is my favorite cartridge .
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline mtmarfield

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 211
Re: Armi Jaeger SAA...
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2020, 11:08:08 PM »
       Greetings, Major2!

A truly dandy cartridge! I wish that I'd had the good sense to grab one of the Marlin 1894 Classic
rifles when the grabbing would've been much cheaper than now!

M.T.M.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2020 CAScity.com