Author Topic: New Cimarron "Tuco"  (Read 456 times)

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 50
New Cimarron "Tuco"
« on: May 28, 2020, 09:26:21 pm »
I saw on the latest Cimarron inventory sheet that a new model has been listed.  It is in their "Movie Guns" section, is called the "Tuco" and is a 7 1/2" .45.  Hmm, what could this be?  Search of Cimarron website produces nada.  An email to Valerie was returned with just the comment that they should have a sample by the end of June and it will be added to the website then.  Well, that sure didn't tell me much!  So I've been having fun trying to figure out what it could be.  My first guess based on the name is that it should be somehow connected to Tuco in G,B & U.  But the main gun he used was a '51 conversion (that he put together from various parts in the gunshop).  That ain't no .45.  Since they already have the MWNN conversion in .38, I'm thinking this will just be a .45 conversion, probably with the rammer, and a lanyard ring in the butt.  But will they make it with a Navy grip?   Will it have an octagonal barrel?  In other words, will it look like Tuco's gun despite the caliber difference?  Or just be an 1860 Type II with the rammer and no ejector? 

Anybody else wanna guess?  :)

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
Re: New Cimarron "Tuco"
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 11:29:06 pm »
As I recall, Cimmarron has most of their line made by Uberti. Maybe they want to compete with the Pietta 1851 in .44 cal. Can't imagine that being named a Tuco, though, for the reasons you have said already.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 10:42:53 am »

:)  Hi Abilene   ;)

Best guess is a "Marketing Ploy" for something or other???  As you mentioned, Tuco armed himself with a .36 in the movie.  Although I can't really call Hollyweird "real."  So could very well be an 1851 pattern gun in 45.  I currently run a pair of Pietta 1862 Dance and Brothers guns in 45, that sport un-stepped cylinders and should be real easy to add octagonal barrels.  So much for WAG.

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 10:47:07 am »
The more I think of it, my WAG is now that it will be an Opentop with a Navy barrel, just like the MWNN conversion, except it will be .45 and will have the lanyard ring instead of the snake.  Uberti already has all those parts, would just have to bore a bigger hole in the octagonal barrel.

Coffinmaker: "marketing ploy" ??  You betcha!  That's what all their Hollywood line is about!

Offline Drydock

• MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2020, 07:51:23 pm »
I'll take a swing:  It's a cartridge conversion of the "Dance" revolver.  Think about that.  The cylinder is the right size already, with no rebate.  The flat side frame adds that home made look to it.  It's a Pietta, but Cimarron imports a lot of Piettas.  Might be their entrance into the conversion game.
Civilize them with a Krag . . .

Advertisers

« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:28:07 am »

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2020, 10:34:40 pm »
Hi Drydock,
Nice thought. 
It is definitely an Uberti, because the model number is CA9090, part of their Uberti line.

Offline The Pathfinder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2020, 04:36:20 pm »
I seem to remember, back in the early days (early 70's) ???, that someone imported a navy with a lanyard ring...and maybe a half fluted cylinder? Spesco, or Euroarms, or something. I'll have to see if I can find an old Dixie catalog and see.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2020 CAScity.com