Author Topic: New website for cowboy guns  (Read 1842 times)

Offline Bottom Dealin Mike

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New website for cowboy guns
« on: March 26, 2020, 05:18:52 AM »
Hi everyone. I'm Mike Beliveau. I think it is safe to say that most people these days know me for my Duelist1954 YouTube channel where I shoot a wide variety of historical firearms at poor old Evil Roy.

I think it is less well known that I've been a gun-writer for various books and magazines for over 30 years. In that time, I've been the Black Powder Contributing Editor for "Guns of the Old West" magazine, I've been the Reloading Contributing Editor for "Combat Handguns" magazine and I've been the Muzzleloading Field Editor for the annual "Gun Digest" book. And I've written many articles for "Muzzleloader", "American Frontiersman", "Backwoodsman" and other magazines.

The reason I'm writing this post is to let you know about a new project I started a few months ago.

I'm proud of the Duelist1954 YouTube channel. We have over 60,000 subscribers, and I intend to keep that going as long as I'm breathing. But, video isn't the perfect medium for everything. For a long time I've wanted to bring you content in other forms, that will complement the videos.

At the beginning of the year I started working on a concept to develop a website where I could present information of shooting historical firearms in a multimedia environment.

I wanted this site to be full of information in formats that you would enjoy using. I wanted to provide links to my YouTube video library as well as having, a section where I could present you with my 30-plus year library of magazine articles.  In addition to previously published work I wanted the site to have a photo and video illustrated blog, where I could present you with original articles that you wouldn't find anywhere else.

I hired a design team, and put them to work, and the result is, I think, pretty darned good.

I made the site live about a week ago, and since then I've been loading content. Every day I'll be adding more. I really think that you, my fellow black powder shooters will love it

In fact, I'm making a huge bet that you will. I have spent several thousand dollars on this project. I don't have sponsors, and you won't see advertising. I have a merchandise store, selling Teeshirts and mugs. I'm counting on those sales to fund the website.

I hope you'll take a minute and visit the site, and check out the content. If you like it, check back in every week, and you'll see new stuff with every visit.

Thanks for reading this. Here's a link to the website:

https://mikebeliveau.com/

Offline Capt Quirk

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Smoke Wagon Leather Works
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: New website for cowboy guns
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 08:33:16 AM »
Thanks for sharing Mike. I for one, hate YouTube, and rarely watch anything there. Good luck, and congratulations on the new site. I'll pop in and check it out.

Offline Jeremiah Jones

• Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3945
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 11:48:50 AM »
Thanks for sharing Mike. I for one, hate YouTube, and rarely watch anything there. Good luck, and congratulations on the new site. I'll pop in and check it out.
Thanks, you speak for both of us.
Scouts Out!

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:53:35 AM »

Offline Professor Marvel

• purveyor of useless items to the gentry
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • learn from the past, or be doomed to repeat it
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1118
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 10:37:00 PM »
Thank you Mike!

I have been reading your writing efforts for many years, and was lamenting the fact that you had gone
exclusively into the utube method. 

Looking forward to seeing your new multimedia, especially if it uses text for "thinking content" and video or stills
as supplemental exposition.

yhs
prof ( i like reading) marvel
Your Humble Servant
~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions
and
Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
[
Available by Appointment for Lectures on Any Topic

Offline rm2092

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2020, 05:08:20 AM »
Love your Youtube channel...

Offline pinto beans

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2020, 12:54:01 PM »
Thank You Sir!!  This is wonderful news!!

Offline DB Books

• My alter-ego
  • Very Active Citizen
  • JB's vengeful brother
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2020, 09:38:50 AM »
I've watched a few of your videos already. Nicely done.
Never take life too seriously...there's always somebody else that will!

Offline Crow Choker

• Top Active Citizen
  • River Banker Extraordinaire
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2020, 10:35:09 AM »
Good job Mike-always enjoy and learn from your work!! :)  I'd give ya a couple of 'thumbs up', but there isn't any of those icons to be had. CC
Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo

Offline Quick Draw McGraw

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2020, 11:49:05 AM »
Thanks!  Just watched the Re sighting Colt's 1911.

Offline medic15al

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2020, 05:31:03 PM »
Don't like the u tube either but they do caption, and I'm legally deaf W/ hearing aids. I can hear sounds ok, just word discrimination is non-existent over an electronic speaker, like the adults in Peanuts cartoon. Actual person to person is easy for me.
Pacem in corde meo, Mors de guns

Offline Navy Six

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 26385
  • NCOWS #: 1410
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 66
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2020, 06:16:09 PM »
I was sorry to see you stop writing Mike but started watching you on youtube. Then some of your videos started to disappear there and I started getting annoyed at them. I'm glad you started your new website and look forward to using it.  Nice merchandise, but I wanted one of the new T-shirts in black and that color wasn't available ::)! Got one in white, but I still want a black one ;).
Only Blackpowder Is Interesting 
"I'm the richest man in the world. I have a good wife, a good dog and a good sixgun." Charles A "Skeeter" Skelton

Offline The Pathfinder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2020, 02:19:21 PM »
Hey, Mike, great job on the writing and now the videos. Wife complains I spend too much time watching them, heck I say it's better than the new TV schedule, a lot more informative too. I miss the fun we had back when the first conversions came out and we all were trying to figure out how to shoot 44 Colt (original heeled bullet type) again. Now everyone, me included it seems, tend to use the new fangled version in the Uberti conversions. Guess I need to drag out that old Gren 1860 I've got and teach the kids about how we and our ancestors did it back in the day. Need to order one of your coffee mugs, just haven't decided which one yet. Keep up the good work and here's hoping we all last till you can review Cimarron's new #3 American. Till we meet down the trail, Mike. Jeff

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com