Author Topic: Possible NWMP Uniform and Kit at 2020 National Muster  (Read 1671 times)

Offline RattlesnakeJack

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
Re: Possible NWMP Uniform and Kit at 2020 National Muster
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2020, 07:29:47 pm »
Forgot to answer your other question ... yes, that is how I intend to deal with the pistol cartridge loops.
Rattlesnake Jack Robson, Scout, Rocky Mountain Rangers, North West Canada, 1885
Major John M. Robson, Royal Scots of Canada, 1883-1901
Sgt. John Robson, Queen's Own Rifles of Canada, 1885
Bvt. Col, Commanding International Dept. and Div.  of Canada, Grand Army of the Frontier

Offline smoke

• Top Active Citizen
« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2020, 07:47:14 pm »
GAF#379

Offline RattlesnakeJack

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2020, 11:07:37 pm »
In the definite hope that this dad-blamed "global pandemic" does not throw a wrench into the works, I have been continuing with my uniform and kit preparations for the National Muster ...

- my reproduction "stable jacket" is in production ...

- a batch of reproduction NWMP buttons (for use on both the dress tunic and stable jacket) have been produced and are currently en route to me ...

- a custom-made web Mills belt for both .455 revolver cartridges and .45-75 rifle cartridges that I ordered from Wolfears Equipment (Stan Dolega) has been completed I understand, although he was awaiting arrival of a buckle delivery since he does not normally carry the plain "H" buckle needed ...

- the yellow worsted twill leg stripe material has arrived from the UK (although I have not yet decided if I will try to apply it myself - a hand-stitching job for me - or instead take it to the locl tailor shop I use when too lazy - or non-confident - to do things myself.)

- I have also received the period-correct "large" Sergeant's chevrons I need, with the crowns also needed to go above them en route from a different source ...

- I have even gone so far as to order a reproduction British Pattern 1853 Light Cavalry sabre (as seen in the above photo) which was standard issue for NWMP Sergeants ... although i am having a bit of difficulty getting a clear answer on when it can be supplied, so I may end up having to cancel that little extravagance ...)

- meanwhile, in the "home-front leather working department", I have completed modification of an existing flap-covered holster i made years ago to as close as I could get it to NWMP pattern (... making it a fit for my original NWMP-issue .476/.455 Enfield revolver while I was at it ...) and have also completed modifications to one of my reproduction  Pattern 1882 leather bandoliers to duplicate as closely as possible the original bandolier which was obviously just such a modification pictured in "Arms & Accoutrements of the Mounted Police" -

Rattlesnake Jack Robson, Scout, Rocky Mountain Rangers, North West Canada, 1885
Major John M. Robson, Royal Scots of Canada, 1883-1901
Sgt. John Robson, Queen's Own Rifles of Canada, 1885
Bvt. Col, Commanding International Dept. and Div.  of Canada, Grand Army of the Frontier

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk