Author Topic: First Belt  (Read 1263 times)

Offline 67flh

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
First Belt
« on: January 08, 2020, 07:28:41 PM »
I have my first holster under my (excuse the pun) belt. The natural progression of things dictates putting together a cartridge belt.  Thanks to unlimited information available on the internet particularly "CAS" and a desire to try something new I have arrived at this point with my belt. If I had to say I had a favorite old West Leather Master it would be F.A. Meanea from Cheyenne. From the first time I saw one of his high backed saddles I was hooked on his work. I have attached a pic of my first attempt at making a cartridge loop. At the present I only have large needles and heavy thread. I have two punches, trust me when I say I will be using the smaller angled chisel punch when I start to actually do the loops on the belt. There is a real learning curve involved in leather work and I am a firm believer in practice makes perfect. For all of you who have contributed much to my education THANK YOU!

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
Re: First Belt
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 12:25:19 AM »
That's going to be a fine belt. You may want to consider putting another stitch off each end of your stitch lines to secure the loop to the belt. This photo isn't great but it shows you the idea. This belt has seen hard use and the stitches are holding just fine.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline Skeeter Lewis

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 07:31:30 AM »
Looks to me as though you're coming along just fine. You'll find no lack of pards here to offer assistance.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:37:16 AM »

Offline 67flh

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 01:20:08 PM »
Will, took your advice as to adding stitches and I can see where that is advantageous. I am only going to add 20 loops that should be more than enough.

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 08:49:40 AM »
That looks good. Those should do fine. Looking forward to seeing the finished belt.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com