Author Topic: ASM Conversions  (Read 1074 times)

Offline reno

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: #810
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
ASM Conversions
« on: December 05, 2019, 01:48:27 PM »
I know about the QC of the ASMS but does low serial numbers mean anything. I just bought two #590X and #95X they lock up tight and are very accurate, and like new, except for the one with the three tight screws?
Thanks
Reno

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1211
Re: ASM Conversions
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 05:59:50 PM »
Couldn't say.  But a friend has ASM conversion with serial number 1.  It is a nickled .44 Colt.  He doesn't shoot it much, but I think it works fine.  It does have what looks like a flaw on the side of the frame to me.  We took some pictures of it last summer but he never sent them to me.

Offline Gus Walker

• Top Active Citizen
  • The sunny slopes of long ago.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 06:22:01 PM »
I have one in 38,,,pretty fair shooter
Aye its been quite a ride aint it?

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:05:51 AM »

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 07:46:11 PM »

Don't wish to be the bearer of ill tidings.  However, something wicked this way cometh.  Actually, the serial number is meaningless when it comes to ASM Conversions and their quality.  It's a crap shoot.  Whether you get a good one or a crap one is dependent on the phase of the moon at manufacture, or the Tide, whether you hold your tongue right, perhaps if your eyes are different colors??  Forgot, one must also consider which side of the street you live on.  North?? South??  Crap Shoot.

Some days ou be the windshield, some days you be the Bug. Oh .... and Good Luck.

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Grass Valley, CA in the Sierra Nevada Mountains
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 46
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2019, 09:02:58 PM »
As long as the action cycles correctly, advancing and locking cylinder in the correct place, anything else will be minor!  I had one perfect and one 4 shooter.....
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

Offline Jubal Starbuck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2019, 04:37:28 AM »
     I got a Navy model in .38 Special that took a lot of work to get right, but finally it got to where I could take it to a match without worrying about it quitting on me.  I think the feel is superb and it handles well in point shooting. I have an early Navy .36 caliber that's a good shooter since I put a taller front sight on it, runs really well and quite accurate.  It's a coin toss with ASMs; too bad they couldn't  get their quality control in hand as a good one is a real pearl, in my humble opinion.

Regards,

Jubal Starbuck

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com