Author Topic: Run, Green Bean Casserole is on the way.  (Read 21167 times)

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
Re: Run, Green Bean Casserole is on the way.
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2019, 09:39:10 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are ready.

Taking a sick day. Getting an ear ache and a cold. Need to get some sleep.

'Tis 12 and sunny. WC -1. High of 20.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2019, 09:41:15 AM »
I'm thinking about making a bullet trap. Have any of you done this or have one? I am looking for plans.

Slim

Here is one ...I got this Idea off of the internet

mine is 24" high  24" deep and used 3/8 steel plate and  5 " pipe the cap is 1/8 " and side plates  are @ 15 Degree angle for 30 degree opening.

The one shown is 30 years old and still going strong.
when planets align...do the deal !

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2019, 09:46:55 AM »
Here is one ...I got this Idea off of the internet

mine is 24" high  24" deep and used 1/4 steel a 5 " pipe the cap is 1/8 " and side plates  are @ 15 Degree angle for 30 degree opening.

The one shown is 30 years old and still going strong.
By the research I've done, this looks like what I'll be making. Now I have to find a pipe.
Thanks for all the ideas.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Advertising

« Reply #83 on: Today at 10:28:47 AM »

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #83 on: November 12, 2019, 10:54:18 AM »
Morning all.

Currently 32, wc 16. 

I took last night off from work, since I didn't really feel like tempting fate by walking around on ice with my bruised up skeleton. Can't get out of working at the library today though.

I have a presentation to give in half an hour, which I was never given the totality of the assignment to work on. So this will be interesting.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2019, 12:46:56 PM »
By the research I've done, this looks like what I'll be making. Now I have to find a pipe.
Thanks for all the ideas.

Slim

I had the pipe...in fact I have more than enough    and I had 2 foot square 3/8 flat plate laying around  I'm cutting the disk a bit large @ 8 1/2 " just cause

Photo when complete  ....cost was  nill  just time

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2019, 05:33:27 PM »
I have an old range boiler that I might be able to use instead of a pipe.

Slim

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2019, 09:08:38 PM »
as long as it is not cast iron it could work   

The pipe I have is ASTM A500 Grade B/C Wall Thickness 0.2370 in

The photo above is the one from the U-tube video
https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=ymyy-t-999&p=how+to+build+a+bullet+trap#id=2&vid=c5dab8ad786e203702c19d46876645fa&action=click

this was the inspiration for my design though  I used thicker wall plate and A500 pipe  my finished size will be larger overall

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: November 13, 2019, 07:04:44 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are hot.

as long as it is not cast iron it could work   

The pipe I have is ASTM A500 Grade B/C Wall Thickness 0.2370 in

The photo above is the one from the U-tube video
https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=ymyy-t-999&p=how+to+build+a+bullet+trap#id=2&vid=c5dab8ad786e203702c19d46876645fa&action=click

this was the inspiration for my design though  I used thicker wall plate and A500 pipe  my finished size will be larger overall
Thanks. I'll take a look.

'Tis 12 and overcast. "Variable clouds with snow showers. High 23F. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 90%. 1 to 3 inches of snow expected."

Slim

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2019, 01:04:15 PM »
My Bullet trap is completed  I have an angle bar that bolts to the top ( see holes but not attached in photo ) that has clips to hang a target from

Dim' are  2 feet X 2 feet by 2.5 feet deep  @  156 lbs ....  chose orange inside to aid vision - body is Silver hammercoat 

There is a 8 " Cast iron pan that is the collector at the rear bottom----- plan is to recycle lead into 1 Lbs ingots

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2019, 07:42:50 PM »
My Bullet trap is completed  I have an angle bar that bolts to the top ( see holes but not attached in photo ) that has clips to hang a target from

Dim' are  2 feet X 2 feet by 2.5 feet deep  @  156 lbs ....  chose orange inside to aid vision - body is Silver hammercoat 

There is a 8 " Cast iron pan that is the collector at the rear bottom----- plan is to recycle lead into 1 Lbs ingots
Looks nice.

Do you have bullets escaping on the top or bottom, or do they all go into the pipe in back?

Slim

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #90 on: November 14, 2019, 03:53:43 AM »
I have not had time to shoot it yet just completed it Wednesday

the design is such that  it will set on level ground so any frag will not be a issue downward. There is a steel disk welded on the top should defect any lead dust trying to go upward. Most fragments should collect in the pipe

Once I've tested I can adjust  I plan to set it up this weekend for the test run

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #91 on: November 14, 2019, 03:56:31 AM »
Did a big boo boo on my new computer, got the problem sorted out with out having to get the kids to help.  What is the first rule of a new windows computer?  ::)  Thought I was having trouble with the WiFi, d  Dang thing was so slow I was having trouble running Pandora and having any other window open, would't down load any word programs moved it around, then I remembered, IE is only useful to get another browser.  Works fine now. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: November 14, 2019, 06:48:21 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are ready.

Did a big boo boo on my new computer, got the problem sorted out with out having to get the kids to help.  What is the first rule of a new windows computer?  ::)  Thought I was having trouble with the WiFi, d  Dang thing was so slow I was having trouble running Pandora and having any other window open, would't down load any word programs moved it around, then I remembered, IE is only useful to get another browser.  Works fine now. ;D
Microsoft is getting rid of IE and Edge and going to a Chrome based browser.

Got 2" of sn*w.
'Tis 18 and overcast. High of 32.

Slim

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2019, 10:49:37 AM »
Morning all.

Currently 35, WC 23. Supposed to get up to 40, but it might go higher.

Not much going on in Billings today. I have one more class for today, then an appointment with an auto body shop to get my girlfriend's bumper figured out. Someone becked into her car, so we need to get that fixed.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2019, 04:43:49 PM »
I need to get an adapter to set up second screen, got to get over to the shop when the daughter is working or remind her to bring one next time she comes over.

Still need to find a good photo program, My old one on disc won't download, kids said it probably is too obsolete.

Was looking at some last night,, they all seemed to brag about the filters they had being easier than the old ones you had to set yourself, well I don't want an idiot one, the one with the computer does all that, none said anything about fixing, restoring and cloning.   
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2019, 05:20:16 PM »
I need to get an adapter to set up second screen, got to get over to the shop when the daughter is working or remind her to bring one next time she comes over.

Still need to find a good photo program, My old one on disc won't download, kids said it probably is too obsolete.

Was looking at some last night,, they all seemed to brag about the filters they had being easier than the old ones you had to set yourself, well I don't want an idiot one, the one with the computer does all that, none said anything about fixing, restoring and cloning.

I can operate a Garmin 430 GPS, but when it comes to computers, I'm somewhat behind the curve.

I just got back from my LGS. I got a nice Heritage Rough Rider 6.5" barrel with both 22LR and Magnum cylinders, custom grips and two boxes of CCI Stingers for $130. It was originally $160, but he gave me a discount for veteran's day. 

Just had to share my new acquisition.  I can pick it up Tuesday.

--TK

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: November 14, 2019, 05:25:09 PM »
I can operate a Garmin 430 GPS, but when it comes to computers, I'm somewhat behind the curve.

I just got back from my LGS. I got a nice Heritage Rough Rider 6.5" barrel with both 22LR and Magnum cylinders, custom grips and two boxes of CCI Stingers for $130. It was originally $160, but he gave me a discount for veteran's day. 

Just had to share my new acquisition.  I can pick it up Tuesday.

--TK
They are nice guns for the money.

Slim

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: November 15, 2019, 05:45:35 AM »
Thanks for the video I had not seen that particular one,

I will comment on it a bit though... I have No intention of using Jacketed bullets or for that matter high velocity .223 etc. on my trap.

Though his works well with pistol & lead , it also appears to be of lighter streel, Both visually in that it was moved & knocked down by his 12 Gauge.

I wont be using a shotgun either , The #7 shot spread would be greater than the mouth of The 2 foot square face in my design

I'm confident my 3/8 thick wall plate and A500 pipe @156 Lbs. will contain revolver & pistol lead rounds 22 - 45 ACP.,  I wont use any magnum either

I also hope it will contain my hand loaded Lead 165 grain  & Trail boss 30/06  & 30/40 195 grain  Krag that are stepping out under 1350 FPS max. that will be determined
NO Factory load jacketed 30 Cal. will be attempted

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #99 on: November 15, 2019, 06:23:24 AM »
It should contain those bullets just fine. I've been shooting a lot of jacketed rifle rounds lately, so I'll stick with my "sand trap". But it appears that I'll need to take it apart and "Mine" it out, the center tire is getting in pretty bad shape. If I take it apart now I can just turn it, If I wait too long it will be shot in two and I'll need to replace it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com