Author Topic: I Have Replaced My Henry...!  (Read 2757 times)

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
Re: I Have Replaced My Henry...!
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2019, 08:41:14 am »

Em Tee ...  :D

Noticed the Sling Thingie on the side of yer Henry.  I just happen to have a Sling Thingie on the side of one of my Henry Rifles.  Butt ..... My sling is rather mundane.  Just another leather reproduction with a rather plain black finished hook (Captain Hook??) at the barrel end.

Your Sling Thingie appears to have a Bright Brass Hook Thingie on the end.  Would that be correct??  If in fact your sling thingie has brass furniture ........ where did you get it??

Weak and feeble minds want to know    :o

Offline mtmarfield

• Top Active Citizen
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2019, 12:23:51 pm »
      Greetings, CM!

The Brass Thingie is the Brass Sling Ring that I added to the Sling Swivel on the Barrel Assembly;
the Hook is steel, alas. The idea of the Brass Ring was to give the Steel Sling Hook something to
nibble on, instead of the more expensive Barrel-Mounted Sling Swivel. I wish that I could've found a
more appropriate brass / bronze Sling Hook. All of the brass hardware came from BuckleGuy.com...

M.T.Marfield

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2019, 03:16:56 pm »

Ah So!!  I see the light.  Went back a few posts and saw your "Brass Ring Thing."  Rather a neat Idea.  I may well have to look into a Brass Ring Thing for mine.  I'm always intrigued by bright shiny things  ;D

Offline mtmarfield

• Top Active Citizen
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2019, 08:31:19 pm »
      Greetings, CM!

All originals that I've seen have an Iron Ring, but... When I found the Buckle, I
saw the 3/4" Brass Ring, and I thought it would work well. It does.

www.BuckleGuy.com

M.T.Marfield