Author Topic: Canada's Proposed Gun Ban  (Read 1020 times)

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Canada's Proposed Gun Ban
« on: September 28, 2019, 06:48:49 PM »
Some of you may be unaware that Canada is having a federal election campaign with voting date set for Oct. 21.

Justin Trudeau, leader of the Liberal Party has promised to ban semi-auto rifles like the AR15, talking about a "buy back", ala New Zealand. Odd term since they didn't put any money for them to begin with. The complete list has not been announced as it likely caught the RCMP off guard.

Also talk of allowing municipalities and cities to "ban" handguns, central storage, etc. I think they shot themselves in the foot big time with this and hopefully will pay for it at the polls.

It takes a lot to p!ss off a long suffering Canuck but I think we'll see it this time with massive non-compliance. The RCMP does not have the resources to kick in every door or jail all the newly created law-abiding offenders.

Your 2nd Amendment is under constant attack. Fight to keep it! If it goes, the rest fall like dominoes.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline Buffalo Creek Law Dog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: Canada's Proposed Gun Ban
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2019, 03:33:39 PM »
Calgary's chief of police has stated on TV that banning handguns will have no effect on gang shootings. 
SASS 66621
BOLD 678
AFS 43
NFA
ABPA

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 07:12:35 PM »
.... as have many other police chiefs across the country, including the Commissioner of the RCMP.

It's easier than going after the criminals and a lot safer for the cops.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:33:03 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com