Author Topic: Buying A Pair Of Colt SAA -VS- Italian Replicas?  (Read 6804 times)

Offline Dispatch

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Buying A Pair Of Colt SAA -VS- Italian Replicas?
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2020, 02:18:42 PM »
Actually ... NO.  Nor do or would I expect too.  I've only been doing business with Taylors for around 20 years.  Nothing but exemplary.

I also have some issue with your purported experience with your FFL whom also CANNOT order direct to or from Uberti.

Might I suggest you may have better results by taking up Golf??
I have no idea what you are talking about but my recent experience with Taylor's pretty much craps all over anyone's assessment of them being 'exemplary' as they are on the contrary, regardless of others (like yourself), who may have come through unscathed prior, their (Teresa's), flat out denial and negative attitude is the biggest factor that speaks volumes about them.

With my FFL saying they can ordering them for me, they are listed on Uberti's website as being one of their dealers, how do you know what they can and can't do? you don't even know who they are...

Might I suggest you develop better character by keeping an open mind and not be a sarcastic shill for Taylor's & Company??

Nuff said...

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Cracker Cow Cavalry
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 79
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2020, 02:40:17 PM »
Well the maker of Coffins is partly correct ... where your FFL can order from Uberti USA  Accokeek, Maryland AKA Stoeger Industries

But not Uberti in Brescia as I doubt he has a Import lic. 

"if"   Accokeek ( Stoeger Industries ) has the El Patron in stock you may fair well ...if not!  well you're on a waiting list and plan on 8 months + wait.

I don't presume to know what your dealings with Taylor's  was is or will be...

I'll will tell you this I first dealt with Tammy in the 80's, I bought many and had many transactions I:E Movie Props and some of my own guns..

I'm still of the opinion your chosen FFL ... is in word suspect ....no way , no way would I fill out or pay without first examining the guns .

If you get your money "if"  and if you are fortunate not to loose your FFL fee & BG check $$ ...I would not walk away from that FFL I'd run.

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Dispatch

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2020, 06:12:09 PM »
Well the maker of Coffins is partly correct ... where your FFL can order from Uberti USA  Accokeek, Maryland AKA Stoeger Industries

But not Uberti in Brescia as I doubt he has a Import lic. 

"if"   Accokeek ( Stoeger Industries ) has the El Patron in stock you may fair well ...if not!  well you're on a waiting list and plan on 8 months + wait.

I don't presume to know what your dealings with Taylor's  was is or will be...

I'll will tell you this I first dealt with Tammy in the 80's, I bought many and had many transactions I:E Movie Props and some of my own guns..

I'm still of the opinion your chosen FFL ... is in word suspect ....no way , no way would I fill out or pay without first examining the guns .

If you get your money "if"  and if you are fortunate not to loose your FFL fee & BG check $$ ...I would not walk away from that FFL I'd run.

Have absolutely no doubt in your mind... I WILL be getting a full refund from Taylor's as they said they would do so(and I have it confirmed in writing), 'if' for some reason they decided to do differently, I will dispute the charge with my credit card and Taylor's can deal with them, as I have pictures and everything documented as proof.

I may do as I originally wanted to do and bite the bullet (no pun intended), and get a couple of real Colts NIB from a seller that's asking a reasonable price for the set, and actually use them.

On the wait time, I have no idea as that question has not been established yet, if I decide to place another order for a couple of Italian replicas, we'll just see what's what when the time comes.

With my FFL, unlike Taylor's, at least they admitted they made a mistake and in turn made it right (with a positive attitude), your conclusion about my FFL I would warn to anyone thinking about buying through Taylor's & Company, "don't walk away, run!"...

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 56
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2020, 08:06:10 PM »

Well Dispatch.  You have managed run a string of baseless accusations, Mud slinging and incipient whining and complaining about a well respected vendor.  Your tirade is based on a single experience, compounded by YOU accepting merchandise in an upside down manner.  YOUR fault.

Now, the vendor and the FFL have both, by YOUR description, stated they are going to make it right.  Until you have product in hand, that should be the end of it.  You're going to be out a little time and a little frustration which, if you're an adult, you'll get over.  You should "get over it" quietly, on your own time.  Disparaging a Business, an Individual Service Provider or "Others" has no place on a dedicated public forum.

Are you perchance running for public office??  You're beating this expired Equine like a Politician. 

Offline Lucky R. K.

• Purveyor of Fire & Brimstone
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2020, 10:36:15 AM »
I wouldn't get into a canoe with this guy!

Lucky
Greene County Regulators       Life NRA             SCORRS
High Country Cowboys            SASS #79366
Gunpowder Creek Regulators   Dirty RATS #568

The Wind is Your Friend

Advertisers

« Reply #65 on: Today at 06:33:59 PM »

Offline RUSS123

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2020, 09:40:21 AM »
In reference to the OPs original question, Colt vs Clone. I purchased a Pietta Frontier Stainless from Cimarron about 6 months ago and it is outstanding, fit and finish. It's a 357 mag with a 7.5" barrel. Timing is perfect. Virtually zero end shake, BC gap is between 3 and 4 thousandths. The end of the muzzle is rounded which gives a nice appearance compared to most that are just cut flat.

I'm thinking about having Mike put in a bolt block and perform his tuning magic elsewhere though it doesn't feel it needs it. He's currently working on my 1872 Open top by Uberti for lots of needed corrections and tuning. My open top was also purchased from Cimarron.
Russ

Pietta Frontier 7.5 357mag
Uberti 1872 OT 7.5 38 Sp.
Ruger Blackhawk Hunter 44mag
Ruger Single Six Hunter 7.5 22mag Conv.
Ruger Vaquero New 5.5 357mag

Offline Dispatch

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2020, 09:56:10 PM »
Well, here they are (I just got'em tonight). 
My FFL told Uberti about what happened and Uberti rushed the order through for me(all total, it took less than a month).
They are almost but not exactly the same as what I initially wanted.
Both are consecutively serial numbered, .45 long Colt with 5.5" barrels...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2020 CAScity.com