Author Topic: Stevens 520 ok to Zoot?  (Read 2213 times)

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 189
Stevens 520 ok to Zoot?
« on: September 17, 2019, 04:08:00 PM »
Started another build, at least in spirit-the donor sg will be a little while getting to me, and I gotta find some parts, I do need to stay off GB. Anyway, I found a nice Stevens 520 that will eventually become a trench gun but is it a Zooter? Im thinking it should be in the correct time frame. And it IS a J.M.Browning creation so that alone should make it legal in any sg sport or club in America. I?ve been lusting over one for a while, but didn?t want the double hump version. I just love the lines where the action flows into the wrist. And the take down is truly genius. Should be an easier build than my Winchester M12 trench.
Update...my stock and slide handle came from numrich, they look very nice. I found a lower sling swivel in my stuff and picked up a od web WW2 garand sling for it at my local gun show today.
This is what I?ll hopefully end up with.
Update.....got my stocks, sling, rear swivel, 20 inch bbl and heat shield. My donor gun should ship tomorrow.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Offline Bat 2919

• G Man / Bat Masterson
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Sand Creek Raiders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Stevens 520 ok to Zoot?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 07:41:07 PM »
Any gun in production by 1949 (or a copy of such a gun) is allowed in Zoot so a shotgun made between 1909 and 1916 is definitely allowed.
Happy Trails

G Man / Bat Masterson
NRA Endowment
SASS #2919L
AZSA #11L
NCOWS #530
BOLD# 276
GAF #750

Offline MOSQUITO JACK

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2019, 02:41:08 PM »
I have one and have shot it at Zoot . Really liked the shorter stroke of the action  ;D
NRA
ZOOT 97
SASS #19425
R.A.T.S. 362
R.O.W.S.S. #28
Sgt. U.S. Army 1975-1979
54th Med Det.(RA) Ft Lewis Wa.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:26:23 PM »

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2019, 12:52:14 PM »
Everything has come in. The nice Stevens 520A, numrich uncheckered wood, short bbl and shield, sling, had the lower swivel and Brownells screws already. Removed the mag plug and swapped bbls and put 5 rds on my plate rail, a very slick action. I did clean up my stamped lower swivel and paste blue it. I like the look of the milled swivel better but on a Stevens trench it?s supposed to be stamped and I had one. A bunch of work to do now.
"Give'em hell, Pike"

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2019, 08:07:47 AM »
I found a few more Stevens parts, a complete magazine tube and a complete foregrip assembly. Assuming that they work, I will put everything back on my 30 inch bbl and use these new old parts to complete my 20 inch trench bbl. I couldn?t bring myself to chop the bbl on a nice old original shotgun. Spending my sons inheritance.
Update? started staining the fore-end and bluing the fore-end metal and rear sling swivel. Tomorrow my last odds and ends should arrive.
"Give'em hell, Pike"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com