Author Topic: Hurricanes Fall air and Coffee Sept  (Read 62619 times)

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 103
Re: Hurricanes Fall air and Coffee Sept
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2019, 07:09:06 PM »
It's worth the extra 2-3 cents a gallon not to deal with the dang thing.  DJ and I were using it one day and we opened the hood, and decided there was nothing under it we recognized, so we shut it.
That's for sure.  ::)

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2019, 07:18:08 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are ready.

'Tis 62 and cloudy. High of 74.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2019, 08:02:58 AM »
Lol...  technology

Thanks for the Coffee - Slim
Mathew 5.9

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 06:49:39 AM »

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 411
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2019, 01:47:13 PM »
Walmart has 9MM 115 grain  @ $8.25   but it is Winchester steel cased @ my branches ( I don't like it )
others have Federal @ the same price, sadly none in my area.
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2019, 05:41:04 PM »
Good prices

Good to know you are still able to get online here
Mathew 5.9

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2019, 06:56:41 PM »
I'm here, didn't check in this morning, got up at 5, loaded 3 dutch ovens a tub of great and some tools.  Was on the road by 6:30, arrived in Tablerock Nebraska at about 8, met Mustang Greg who had wood and supplies.  By 9:15 had a 16 inch oven of small golf ball size biscuits done, put on another one and from then till about 3 I was surrounded by 4th graders in separate herds every half hour, they llove the biscuits.

Talked a bit, loaded gear, put out fires, got a check for $100 for services rendered and got home about  an hour ago. 
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2019, 07:15:14 PM »
Walmart has 9MM 115 grain  @ $8.25   but it is Winchester steel cased @ my branches ( I don't like it )
others have Federal @ the same price, sadly none in my area.
Walmart will stop selling handgun and .223 ammo.

Slim

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2019, 08:10:53 PM »
My opinion on the subject.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2019, 08:32:22 PM »
Walmart will stop selling handgun and .223 ammo.

Slim

heard that awhile back ??  I had never gone in a Dicks , and have avoided Walmart maybe 5 years now  ...except I was lured by cheap 9MM...but it was steel case....
so I will not need to see the inside of another Walmart ?. perhaps ever  :-\

BTW Dick?s Sporting Goods took a loss of an estimated $150 million in sales last year after the company heavily restricted firearm purchases and began advocating for gun control.   

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2019, 10:19:12 PM »
The Wal Mart CEO made the announcement earlier this week, that once existing stocks were gone, they would stop selling handgun and .223/5.56 ammo. Basically, what that meant in my local Wal Mart is the existing stocks were gone the next day. Except for the .22 ammo, which they have a lot of, the shelves look like they did during the Obama Ammo Drought. Only reason I bought there was 9mm was so cheap that reloading them didn't make sense, components cost almost as much as what they were selling loaded ammo for. I'd like to see Wally World get the Dick's treatment, but here in small town America, it's not easy. Dicks I can avoid, but when Wal Mart comes to the small town, Mom and Pop get put out of business and have to go to work as Wal Mart greeters. There are still grocery alternatives, but for al lot of the non grocery stuff we get there, it means a trip to a larger town

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2019, 12:28:38 AM »
The Wal Mart CEO made the announcement earlier this week, that once existing stocks were gone, they would stop selling handgun and .223/5.56 ammo. Basically, what that meant in my local Wal Mart is the existing stocks were gone the next day. Except for the .22 ammo, which they have a lot of, the shelves look like they did during the Obama Ammo Drought. Only reason I bought there was 9mm was so cheap that reloading them didn't make sense, components cost almost as much as what they were selling loaded ammo for. I'd like to see Wally World get the Dick's treatment, but here in small town America, it's not easy. Dicks I can avoid, but when Wal Mart comes to the small town, Mom and Pop get put out of business and have to go to work as Wal Mart greeters. There are still grocery alternatives, but for al lot of the non grocery stuff we get there, it means a trip to a larger town

Yes Sir and that is what made Wally & his Hires Billionaires, move in set up and ruined Mom & Pop , and then untimely  Sears Kmart and Penney's

The big Achilles heel though was Jeff Bezos and his AMAZON.COM the Internet & free shipping.

Between "ol Sam"  then the Walton kids and Bezos , Sears & Kmart stood no chance

We still have Bass Pro/ Cabela's & Academy Sports, I got  50r boxes CCI Blazer 9MM brass case 115 grain on sale at both for $14.97
and 100r Winchester 9MM 115 grain brass case @ $27.99

Herters which is Bass Pro house brand it seems  :-\ is US made Brass Cased  was also on sale ( 45 ACP )

Presently I don't reload either 9MM or 45ACP so I have been selectively stocking up   

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2019, 09:02:58 AM »
Morning y'all.

It is a pity that Walmart is doing this since is started in Arkansas which is a gun friendly state.

'Tis 58 and sunny. High of 70.

Slim

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2019, 10:59:01 AM »
Sad days
Mathew 5.9

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2019, 12:57:11 PM »
Slim thank you for the coffee.

Only 3 more Sat. Farmers Market. After 3 years this might be the end of it. Seems interesting is not there. The biggest produce farmer is losing money by showing up.  Not that she doesn?t Sell things, it doesn?t cover the cost. We only sell next highest. Honestly think it is at a lost or break even. Don?t know how to fix it.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2019, 01:42:58 PM »
It my understanding lease Im told

Walmart will continue with 22 cal, and shotgun shells   :-\

Its high capacity Pistol ammo (CCW) &  high power rifle  223 308 etc. they are not going to sell

Dicks I believe has waffled do to losses , and sell ammo

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/search/SearchDisplay?searchTerm=ammo&storeId=15108&catalogId=12301&langId=-1&sType=SimpleSearch&resultCatEntryType=2&showResultsPage=true&fromPage=Search&searchSource=Q&pageView=&beginIndex=0&DSGsearchType=Keyword&pageSize=48

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2019, 02:10:51 PM »
Taking lunch break from casting.

Birthday party for #4 daughter tonight.

Slim

Offline Professor Marvel

• purveyor of useless items to the gentry
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • learn from the past, or be doomed to repeat it
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2019, 05:09:56 PM »
Yes Sir and that is what made Wally & his Hires Billionaires, move in set up and ruined Mom & Pop , and then untimely  Sears Kmart and Penney's

The big Achilles heel though was Jeff Bezos and his AMAZON.COM the Internet & free shipping.

Between "ol Sam"  then the Walton kids and Bezos , Sears & Kmart stood no chance

We still have Bass Pro/ Cabela's & Academy Sports, I got  50r boxes CCI Blazer 9MM brass case 115 grain on sale at both for $14.97
and 100r Winchester 9MM 115 grain brass case @ $27.99

Herters which is Bass Pro house brand it seems  :-\ is US made Brass Cased  was also on sale ( 45 ACP )

Presently I don't reload either 9MM or 45ACP so I have been selectively stocking up

As I see it, Wally World is a acme of Corporate Evil and Monopoly.

As Major pointed out, they move in and wipe out the local mom and pop competition.

Once they have that monopoly, they expand into food and pharmacy.

Once there, they switch to the cheapest chinese crap they can import under the slogan
?Always the lowest price? . It doesnt matter that a pair of sneakers ( that used to last 2 or 3 seasons) blow apart after a month.

Then they  go after the manufacturers to get them to make their stuff offshore - again , cheapest possible. Once the makers outsourced all the factory work and laid off the labor and shut down the plant, the idiots are now locked into the Wally World chinese factory, theres no going back.
At that point the chinese substitute plastic gears for metal, wire for steel rod, and throw out any QA.

I literally saw this happen to the best kitchen stand mixer ever made, Kitchenaide.
We have one , all american made, quality metal throughout. Been running for 20 years. Its the only thing strong enough to mix thick cookie and bread dough.  Walmart convinced the Kitchenaid Execs they would make a fortune selling thru Walmart, 5en the above started. Now Kitcheanide mixers are a piece of crap, constantly breaking. And you have lost the choice of buying anything of quality, cuz the competition has gone under.

Then theres INSTANTPOT. They got smart and have 2lines one for wally world that is about 15% cheaper and one for all over stores. If you buy thru a dept store or target, you pay more, but ALL of the wally world versions have recalls, infant mortality, or die after a few months.

A study I read for a brand of headphones, skullcandy?  They did the wally world thing, the owner was on the plane to china every month trying to fix the latest qa problem and was unable to get changes
Fixes or improvements thru in less than 6-8 months. He was losing market share cuz the kidsget the word out instantly - skullcandy used to rock but now it sucks, man !

He said screw it, found a local shop in florida about 2 blocks away that was hungry  for work, switched m and dumped wallyworld. Hes back to making money, getting his customer base back, and employing americans. He is not selling as many as wallyworld could, but he is making more cuz walyworld was shaving his profit razor thin!

Best part - if you employ americans, they have money to buy your products. That?s something the Evil Corp Execs dont get.

So, if wallyworld drops pistol ammo, suddenly the giant elephant sucking the ammo up is gone, and there will be more for real gunstores and lgs, and real shooters, and maybe kill off The GREY MARKET SCALPERS.

And while i am ranting, whats with these moron kids that go out with a semiauto and a case of cartridges and all they do is spray the hill and make noise and dont even have a target let alone care if they hit the target?  If they wanted noise firecrackers are cheaper.

Oh, and thanks for the coffeee, i need more!

Yhs
Prof (on a rant) Mumbles
Your Humble Servant
~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions
and
Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
[
Available by Appointment for Lectures on Any Topic

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2019, 09:14:17 PM »
I don?t buy much as far as sporting goods from WM the past 8 or 9 years. Occasionally sone shot shells. academy and Bass Pro. A few local owned places have better selections and most times prices.

Now to really hurt these big  stores, why are they still allowed to sell Alcohol and Tobacco. ATF needs to pressure them, afterall they kill more everyday than Bullets. 

Mathew 5.9

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2019, 10:49:02 PM »
I know my opinion might not be popular, but if I owned Walmart I'd of got rid or arms and ammo a long time ago, slowly and quietly.

They form such a small part of the business that between having a hard time finding employees you can trust to sell it and the fact so many people seem to hate them, sooner or later something will happen that is not their fault and a Liberal judge with a Liberal jury will stick it to them in a lawsuit.

As for taking over and ruining mom and pop businesses, their customers did it to the local business, Walmart was following smart business practices, the customers who wanted it all one place and cheaper screwed their friends and neighbors who owned local businesses.

And now they are buying on line from places that don't even have employees in the  local economy.

I buy some at Walmart, often stuff I can't get other places, but the majority of what I buy comes from local owned business.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2019, 05:13:41 AM »
Morning y'all.

'Tis 54 and cloudy. "Mostly cloudy. A chance of showers in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 60s. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent."

Slim

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com