Author Topic: Extra Heavy barrel 45/75 rebarrel .  (Read 10187 times)

Offline Sarge

• Citizen
Re: Extra Heavy barrel 45/75 rebarrel .
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2018, 11:56:09 pm »
DT,

Envy is a sin, therefore, I have sinned regarding your rifle. That EHB is OUTSTANDING! Can you say the comparison differences of specs between the EHB and regular barreled rifle: barrel weight, barrel dimensions, overall weight difference, etc. Any idea how many of these left the factory with this EHB originally?

Respectfully,

Sarge

Offline dusty texian

• Chief Scout Wehmeyer Ranch's.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2018, 07:49:02 am »
Glad you like it Sarge , I feel lucky to have it  . I will look up the info you ask about , not at my home now . The EXHB 76 is a pleasure to shoot its actually heavier than my Heavy Sharps , and the springs and trigger are some of the best and  slickest that I have . I wittled out the stocks so they fit me to a 'T'    I look forward to learning to shoot this one after this  home moving is complete  . ,,,,,DT

Offline Sarge

• Citizen
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2018, 12:10:14 pm »
Don't like it, Love it. There is something about heavy and bull barreled old rifle, in fact this may be my next endeavor, need a EHB lever to go with my heavy and bull barreled sharps. What's your thoughts on installing a EHB on a Uberti 76 or try and scrounge enough Winchester parts to build one?

Sarge

Offline dusty texian

• Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2018, 02:30:59 pm »
Sarge a parts build can get expensive  but doable .  Upgrading a Uberti with a EHB would be a good choice . The EHB guns whether Sharps ,  Winchester or any other just have a look about them that's appealing to me also . Yrs back I let a EHB 76 slip away that I wish I had a chance at again , it was an original 76 that had been re-barreled with a very heavy octagon barrel and was chambered for .50 - 70 -300 . The old rifle had seen some real use and had the scares to prove it , but a beauty she was . ,,,DT

Offline Sarge

• Citizen
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2018, 04:13:01 pm »
Any rifle crank I know has some form of rifle regret, we all live with it.
I can see where that one would cause alot of sellers remorse. 50-70 you say, sounds interesting, don,t suppose you would have a picture of it?

Sarge

Offline dusty texian

• Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2018, 04:39:58 pm »
No picture , wish I did have one . Didn't sell it , just watched it for sale to long and let it get away . At the time I only wanted untouched  original rifles , and this one had a unknown barrel make on it . Given the same chance to purchase it today , I would grab it in a flash. Evidently it was made for a rifleman who knew what he wanted . The seller said he loaded and shot it with 300 gr. bullets and it fed and shot very well , sounds like a buffalo killer for sure . ,,,,,DT

Offline Sarge

• Citizen
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2018, 05:25:51 pm »
DT, Many thanks, you have PM.

Offline dusty texian

• Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2019, 11:19:44 am »
Was happy and surprised  today to see that Winchesterbarrels has used a picture of my old Extra Heavy barrel 1876 Winchester for their Home cover photo . They do very good work , this EXH barrel  45-75 wcf along with the 50-95 wcf Half round barrel they made for me are top notch / best quality . I would recommend there service's to anyone needing a replacement barrel . ,,,DT

Offline Coal Creek Griff

• Top Active Citizen
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2019, 11:44:19 am »
That's really cool!  Here's the link for the computer illiterate: https://www.winchesterbarrels.com/

CC Griff
Manager, WT Ranch--Coal Creek Division

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
1860 Henry Rifle Shooter #173
SSS #573

Offline dusty texian

• Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2019, 09:56:15 am »
That's really cool!  Here's the link for the computer illiterate: https://www.winchesterbarrels.com/

CC Griff
                                        Thank's CCG  for posting the link . I am computer illiterate and did not know how or I would have posted it myself . I seem to be picture posting illiterate also because I cant post pictures anymore . I can still shoot a decent group for and old half blind half cripple Bp. shooter . Yesterday I sat down with the EHB 1876 Win. 45-75 and boy did it feel good squeezing off on that big boomer . The wind was very light the sun was at my back about 2 oclock , sight's on the target was good . I did not shoot my best ( lack of focus)  , my fault not the gun ,  load or condition's. The rifle load combo shoot's so well that even my sub - par performance didn't show so bad on the target at the end of the shoot . I don't know if other's feel this way about shooting , but some day's are good and some not so good . The one thing that stay's steady and   I rely on is muscle memory . I think that over the yr's of practice on the bench shooting you can gain a shooting technique that allow's the shooter to recover a shot that may have broke bad . I for one can call a shot good or bad before looking at the target and sometime's the shot is better than I thought . I think that is when the muscle memory ,form and  technique comes into play .  Only hr's on the bench shooting can hone this skill . Like old Pop would say to me so very often . You have to pay your due's son .  Good Shooting ,,,DT

Menu Editor Pro 1.0.2 | Copyright 2014, Matthew Kerle