Author Topic: Uberti 1883 Burgess  (Read 4675 times)

Offline D-Hansen

• Very Active Citizen
Re: Uberti 1883 Burgess
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2019, 10:50:21 am »
What technique did you use when reassembling the lever into the receiver.    I am having trouble with holding the level ball and lever spring into the drilled hole on the lever while attempting to slide the lever into the receiver.  Still have both, but I am afraid that I will lunch the ball and spring across the room if I slip up.  The ball and spring hold the level closed when the ball falls into a detente drilled on the inside of the receiver. The hole in the lever is drilled out to a depth of .335" and the spring is the same length.  So with the ball on the spring it needs to be compressing the spring while the lever is pushed into the receiver.  I was think of using a feeler gauge as a holder, and then slide out the feeler gauge after assembly.  Any better ideas?
D-Hansen

Offline D-Hansen

• Very Active Citizen
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2019, 11:16:55 am »
Well the feeler gauge idea did work.  If there is a better way I am all ears. 
D-Hansen

Offline DocDucati

• Citizen
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2019, 07:39:48 pm »
Been having 50-50 misfires due to light primer strike on my new Burgess carbine. I will put some attention to the extractor.  I appreciate the tips! I really like this carbine and want to get it to work better.

The edges on the new receiver are like a set of ginsu knives. After my hand was cut up like sushi, I polished these and it's much safer to work with now.