Author Topic: HOLY SMOKE POLES .......  (Read 2172 times)

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
HOLY SMOKE POLES .......
« on: May 16, 2019, 05:58:51 PM »

Wowzers.  My Ohio CAS partner has scored a wonderusnus!!  A pair of Belgian Centaur .44 Armies.  Nearly unfired.  Next to New.  Shazam.  Cap Guns ROCK!!

Offline Long Johns Wolf

• Top Active Citizen
  • "Centaures will make you become addicted"
    • Belgian Colt, aka Centaure, aka Centennial Army, aka "1960 NEW MODEL ARMY"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 44
Re: HOLY SMOKE POLES .......
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 01:56:25 AM »
Wow, congrats to your Ohio CAS Partner.
Can you get him to share the variants - if possible - and serial number with me for the Centaure & FROCS data bank by PM, please?
Thanks,
Long Johns Wolf aka FROCS #2
BOSS 156, CRR 169 (Hon.), FROCS 2, Henry Board, SCORRS, STORM 229, SV Hofheim 1938, VDW, BDS, SASS

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 420
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 08:58:14 AM »
One wonder's if a Bris will be performed .... and name them BOB ?
when planets align...do the deal !

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:17:07 AM »

Offline Dave T

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 908
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 10:57:23 AM »
For those of us who live under a rock and only crawl out occasionally to read forums, what is the significance of "A pair of Belgian Centaur .44 Armies."?

Inquiring minds (and curmudgeons) want to know!

Dave

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 420
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 01:32:29 PM »
we well defer to Long Johns Wolf for the long answer....

short answer Belgian made . not Gardone, Italy
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline russ1943

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2019, 03:31:08 PM »
Wowzers.  My Ohio CAS partner has scored a wonderusnus!!  A pair of Belgian Centaur .44 Armies.  Nearly unfired.  Next to New.  Shazam.  Cap Guns ROCK!!

What did pay for them they sold 1960 for $129.95, reduced to 99.99 near 1964

Offline Long Johns Wolf

• Top Active Citizen
  • "Centaures will make you become addicted"
    • Belgian Colt, aka Centaure, aka Centennial Army, aka "1960 NEW MODEL ARMY"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 44
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2019, 01:39:04 AM »
The more regular Centaure variants start at ca. $ 400 now in the U.S.A. in good condition if you happen to find one ... with better steel, chamber dias adjusted to rifling groove dias, proper length arbors.
From 1959 to 1973 they were developed and manufactured as rugged & accurate shooters, not display pistols.
What else do you expect from the Belgian brothers of the venerable 19th century Colt 1860 Army?
Long Johns Wolf
BOSS 156, CRR 169 (Hon.), FROCS 2, Henry Board, SCORRS, STORM 229, SV Hofheim 1938, VDW, BDS, SASS

Offline Dave T

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 908
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2019, 10:12:33 AM »
The more regular Centaure variants start at ca. $ 400 now in the U.S.A. in good condition if you happen to find one ... with better steel, chamber dias adjusted to rifling groove dias, proper length arbors.
From 1959 to 1973 they were developed and manufactured as rugged & accurate shooters, not display pistols.
What else do you expect from the Belgian brothers of the venerable 19th century Colt 1860 Army?
Long Johns Wolf

Thanks Long Johns. Now I understand Coffin's excitement. Not being a big C&B fan I had never heard of these.

Dave

Offline Crow Choker

• Top Active Citizen
  • River Banker Extraordinaire
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2019, 04:09:22 PM »
I passed up on one eons ago at a gun show when I was uneducated and uniformed about the history and 'what-not' of cap and ball percussion revolvers, which included all the replica producers. All I recall was that it was a 1860 Army and had 'Made in Belgium' stamped on the bottom of the grip frame. Can't recall the price, but it was in as new condition. Around mid 70's, should have bought it. Another "Should have"!! :(
Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2019, 05:36:07 PM »

Perhaps surprisingly, before hanging up my shingle, and in fact after hanging up my shingle, I was not afforded the opportunity to fondle and inspect (take apart) one of those Belgian Centaurs.  I am crushed.

I also haven't had opportunity to get together with the proud recipient of his Knew Two Ewe Belgian Centaurs.  Curses .... foiled again (Famous stolen cartoon line).  I am working on it though.  Last Ohio match, one of the "other" guys walked up with his brandy darn'd Knew Two Him Centaur.  Basically unfired.  Nice Gun.  Main Spring came out of a Mercedes Unimog.  Some heavy.  I personally wouldn't shoot the gun with that spring in it.  Way over-sprung.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com